Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default Bye Bye you nasty plateau!

This is the week I get over my stinking plateau! How can I make such a bold statement? Yesterday I became sick with the cold! I didn't eat as much as normal, and visited the porcelain god all nite (that remains a mystery to me...sure I drank 1.1liters of coffee throughout the day, but I also swallowed over 100oz of water). I have so far lost 4lbs! Without exercising!

I remember in the past, being sick helped me to lose the weight. I know some of you may burst my bubble and tell me I am losing water weight, or encourage me to drink more fluids, etc, but whatever it takes to get down to my ultimate goal of ONEderland, I'll take it!

Next Tuesday is my monthly weigh in at the Dr's office, I can use whatever help I can get now.

Time to end my post, my tummy just gurgled at me. What does this mean? Another weight loss! Woohoo! I am thankful I have bought alot of books off of Amazon. I am going to be getting reading done this week
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

hey, plateaus are tough. I know. Sometimes it takes something big to shake up your system. Even if it IS waterweight, there's a chance that you'll still start losing fat, because your body has been shocked into submission. I will never forget, I broke a plateau (months ago before I fell off the wagon) because I gave up and had a two day binge. To my surprise that week I was down a half a pound... and then my weightloss picked up again from there on out. Plateaus are funny things. I am just sorry you had to be sick to break yours.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, but at least you've gotten past your plateau.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh gosh, I hope you feel better.

But come now, you don't want to break that plateau this way. Surely, you'll take it, but when you're feeling better and hopefully you will very soon, maybe it's time to shake things up a bit? I don't know, maybe more intense exercise, tracking your calories VERY, VERY carefully. A little less carbs, a little more protein?

Whatever happens or doesn't, you have done an OUTSTANDING, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING job so far. Don't let this blip get to you. Feel better and yes, DRINK SOME WATER!!!! You need it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Oh gosh, I hope you feel better.

But come now, you don't want to break that plateau this way. Surely, you'll take it, but when you're feeling better and hopefully you will very soon, maybe it's time to shake things up a bit? I don't know, maybe more intense exercise, tracking your calories VERY, VERY carefully. A little less carbs, a little more protein?

Whatever happens or doesn't, you have done an OUTSTANDING, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING job so far. Don't let this blip get to you. Feel better and yes, DRINK SOME WATER!!!! You need it.
I actually went back to meal planning this week, to keep a tighter hold on the calories/carbs/fat/protein. I even wrote down the sodium. And on Monday, right before I became sick, I spent 2.5 hrs at the gym. I have started circuit weight training. 6 mins on treadmill, jump off, work on shoulders, back to treadmill, next work on chest, back to treadmill, next work on back. another 6 mins on treadmill (trying to keep my heart rate between 70-85% at all times), next work on biceps/triceps. Back to treadmill, next work on core, back to treadmill, then work on legs (hamstrings, quads, buttocks, calves). Then either back to treadmill, or a 5 min cold shower.

I fully understand about shaking things up, changing routines, diet, etc. But like they say (I think they say it) the last 30lbs is the hardest to lose. When I left HS in 1990 I weighed 225lbs. Lazy as a log. I am now 230lbs, and athletic. They say your adult weight is your final weight. I am trying to prove "them" wrong
Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #6  

Just to clarify. I started the CWT a few weeks ago. My trainer had taught me to do this for an hour. In TBL Fitness book, they go over CWT, but not involving the treadmill. My trainer told me that she recommends the treadmill approach as it keeps your heart rate up constantly.

I think I became sick because of one of my 2 jobs. One job, everyone has been coughing. The other job I was sneezed at on Sunday. I thought I was immune to be getting sick, because not only have I had the shot, but I am physically active.

Oh well, here's to a speedy recovery! At least I finally got another day off from work!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Fresnobeedude, That is wonderful! I'm having my battles with plateaus too and I am so glad you gave that plateau a big blackeye! heeheeeeeee!

Put 'em up plateau -- you may knock me down -- but I'm getting back up again and I'm gonna get you!

To our SUCCESS IN THE QUEST!

best,
b
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruniQ View Post
Fresnobeedude, That is wonderful! I'm having my battles with plateaus too and I am so glad you gave that plateau a big blackeye! heeheeeeeee!

Put 'em up plateau -- you may knock me down -- but I'm getting back up again and I'm gonna get you!

To our SUCCESS IN THE QUEST!

best,
b
I have the song Tubthuping by Cumbawhumba on my mp3 player. Love the beat, never thought of it as a weight loss song "I get knocked down, but I get up again, nothings going to keep me down"

Last edited by FresnoBeeDude; 02-20-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #9  
Live, Love, Laugh!

heeheee! I love that song!

best,
b
Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Me too
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #11  
Live, Love, Laugh!

heeheee!

EVERYBODY SING!

"I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN, (PLATEAU) YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO KEEP ME DOWN.... WE'LL BE SINGING WHEN WE'RE WINNING WE'LL BE SINGING!

Best,
b
Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sorry!!! Can't helllllp myself!!!!! Forgive the grammar...it's not mine (copy and pasted) but I wasn't about to take the time to edit!

Well be singing
When were winning
Well be singing

I get knocked down
But I get up again
Youre never going to
Keep me down

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink