Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm here and not leaving 'till I'm THIN!

Hello! I just found and joined the group! I'm trying to loose quite a bit of weight and my first goal is 10lbs by March 31st!! Although, I'm working out regularly and eating healthy (i have 1 cheat day, Saturday) and I've got my family's support, I feel as though I'm emotionally "weak". I've been on EVERY diet and am tired of always failing.
Tuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I like how you have a small goal of 10 pounds! You can do it! Stick around and keep letting us know how you're doing.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Welcome! I started at about 217-220 (it varied) almost 3 weeks ago, I've lost 6+ pounds. I'm 5'5 and my goal is also 160 for now. Good luck on your weight "removal" journey!!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Tuchi

Many of us here at 3FC are committing to strange, new, wonderful lifestyles. We've left that awful "d" word behind. (Diets? Not for us!) We're trying our hand at something we believe will work permanently for us.

When you're feeling weak, just know that it's OKAY to ask us here for support or suggestions. It's OKAY to ask those around you to help you through the day. You are not weak. You're forging a new path.

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Aw, but don't just leave us once you get thin, instead migrate to the 'Maintainers' forum!

I'm glad to see that you've set a realistic first goal for yourself, some people come in here hoping for miracles to happen(50 lbs in two weeks? Yeah, I wish) but you really seem to have the right idea about it, which in the end is setting you up for success. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/192/140

Height: 5'3

I wish you the best of luck. I to am in the same boat. I have tried everything! I also am choosing smaller more realistic goals. I think its easier to see these goals. I am new also and I have found great support from everyone here. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
mommyagain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You'll find there's a ton of information here, as well as all these many forums! And you're not alone--lots of members have lost and gained and lost before they finally found the key. And, it's always an individual key!

Check out the program-related forums if you have questions about different approaches. Folks are glad to answer your questions. Of course, we aren't experts here--just people trying to lose weight, like you.

Also, check out the Goals and Mini-Goals for some very inspiring stories!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome to 3FC. A GREAT place to be with lots of info, support, encouragement and advice.

Yes, most of us here have made the commitement to change our "lifestyles", no diets, per se. Adding in healthier foods and elminating the high calorie/low nutritional value foods. Adding in activity and exercise to our daily lives. It is a process and can be tweaked and improved upon as you go along.

I caution you to watch out for the Saturday "cheat" days, they often can wipe out a weeks worth of good eating. You may just want to add a couple of hundred extra calories for just this purpose, making it a "controlled" cheat.

Oh and for sure you'll want to stick around even when you do get thin, we've got a great group of maintainers around here. Thinking about maintenance now, before you even hit your target weight is a good idea - and exciting to think about.

Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #9  
Lola is Back!

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Welcome! I love your tag line. I'm not leaving here until I'm skinny either!!!

[
Lola125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Don't leave at all! We have a wonderful maintainers section.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote