Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default Week of May 19th

Good morning everyone!

Since it is 6:00 am and I'm sure most people in there right mind are still sleeping I thought I'd go ahead and start the new post!

I am doing laundry from the cabin....all the bedding that was left on over winter. We have 3 bedrooms and a total of 8 beds. So I have mountains of it. Later we are headed back up to continue cleaning and preparing it for summer. I guess all the work this weekend is okay since my last 2 weekends have been all pleasure. One other good thing I don't have time to think about food this weekend!

I think this week is going to be great for everyone! Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, 3 days off and what we've all been waiting for the unofficial start of summer! Although that means much more time with the kids. I love them dearly but sometimes they push me to the edge.

Everyone hve a great week. Hopefully I can check in more than 1 time this week.

Drink your water and try to add 1 more fruit or vegetable to your food plan per day. It really has helped me!

Old 05-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!!Just stopping in to say hello!!!Doing good today...soo nice to be ending the first trimester soon and getting the energy back!!!!

Well, off to build a swing set for SD#2 with DH!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 05-19-2002, 11:08 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Thought I'd check the posting out early today - looks to be a beautiful day here, although cool.

L&F - the cabin sounds really cool. You are fortunate.

RR - have fun building the swing set.

I am doing great staying on plan and am so thrilled about it.

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
327.593 miles
Old 05-19-2002, 11:45 AM   #4  

Happy Sunday everyone!

L&F, How nice for you to have the cabin. My parents have on that we spend a lot of time at, it is very peaceful.

Vicky, Have a great time working on the swingset.

Rabbit, Way to go being OP.

I am doing well. I have gotten over the gain (well almost) I know that it was not deserved so I am not going to let it sabatoge my efforts. I am not getting on the scale tell ww day. The scale just messes with my mind.
Old 05-19-2002, 06:03 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Well, I have done awful this week. I gained a pound. I guess I should be glad it is just a pound. I was so bad. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I *will* do better.

Pyria: Where are you? I need you. I need a kick in the butt. Please send one ASAP!!

I have been taking the puppy out running with me on the bike. We went Friday and yesterday. I may be doing a bad thing though 'cause he was so bad last night. He ran the whole two miles this time and had tons of energy when we got home. Sorry to say that I didn't. Had another asthma attack.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend!! You must be if the activity here is anything to go by.

Old 05-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #6  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Hi ladies I just got back from Church and had a surprise for me. After our WINGS meeting the ladies gave me a surprise wedding shower. I was married on Valentines Day and hadn't made it known that we wern't married yet. I was shocked and so surprised. My face was . I even had a piece of cake because they made it for me and I didn't know how to say no thank you. They took the time and the cost to do it. I did my 2 mile walk today and am glad that I did it before Church. I skipped it yesterday but plan on getting back on track tomorrow. We are going to a ladies luncheon Tuesday to Chinese so I plan on having white rice and steamed veges. Do you know any thing else that is safe? OK gotta talk to my son he popped his knee today and is in pain. Daphne
Old 05-20-2002, 09:02 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Had a busy weekend, friend's kid's 1st b-day on Saturday and church and cleaning yesterday. Went to the church my landlord goes to, which she told me was fairly similar to the church I grew up going to. It was a little, but of course it had to be a special occasion! Everytime we try a new church, there's something going on and it's not a usual Sunday. They were having a commencement for the Teen Doctrine Class. Otherwise it was nice though, and we'll go back on a normal Sunday. DH did give me some encouragement though, he said that maybe if I wanted, we could start praying before our meals, like my family does. That makes me happy, because I think it's really important. Religion has always been a touchy kind of subject for us, since he's Catholic and I'm Christian (born again). We are both realizing how important it is to instill these practices now, so that our child grows up with them.

Anyway, Brat- How nice that they threw a party for you! No, I don't think you could've passed up the cake, it was best just to have it! When you go for Chinese, ask if they have brown rice, even better than white or fried, and tastes soo yummy too! I think most places have steamed chicken and veggies.

Karen- Sorry about the gain, but good for you going out biking. Maybe you just need to take it a little slower until your body gets used to it, so you don't have an asthma attack?

RR- Hope you were careful building that swing set!!

L&F- Sounds like you got a lot of cleaning exercise in at the cabin this weekend!!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-20-2002, 12:17 PM   #8  

HI ALL!

OP for a week and going strong. Got into the hot fudge last night with my ww sundae, so today I threw it out & am so happy with myself!

Nanci - where is your parents cabin? I think that would be a nice thing to have someday. ~ glad to hear you are not letting that undeserved gain derail you.!

Karen - sorry about your gain! Get yourself right back on that horse! ~ Hope your asthma is better.

Dab - how nice that they had a surprise shower for you! ~ Hope your son is ok.

later all!

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
Old 05-20-2002, 05:31 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!

Lauren-I "built" that swing set by sitting on the ground and supervising....DH wouldnt let me even pick up the tiny boards!!!!We have the club house done and now working on the roof.!!!

Dabrat--Happy Wedding!!!!That is too cool about the shower!!!Congrats on the recent event!!!

Karen--Keep your inhaler with U on those runs!!!Yeah on the excercise with the dog!!!!!

Nancy-great attitude!!!I have decided not to look on the scale at the md office my entire pg!!!!She will tell me if there is a problem!!!!

Rabbit-Horray for the willpower!!!!Congrats on throwing out the fudge!!!!!

Well, off to daycare and then to relax some more!!I guess vacation is over when the old clock goes off at 3:30am again!!!!!
Vicki
Old 05-21-2002, 02:31 AM   #10  

Well $*&! I just typed like the world's longest post and LOST tha dang thing....

To recap: Things are good and bad, have had a slight gain, but will get back on things. Company in trouble. Lost 1 paid day each week starting June 1.... So I will have plenty of time for my long neglected job hunt!!! (Will be eating ramen noodles, though.....). Whatever, can't be bummed out after last weeks great news! Thanks for all the support. It really means a lot.

LBH: WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Can't wait to see pics of little Cletus!

Everyone else: Wow thats great! Ugh, dontcha hate when that happens? Come on now, pick yourself up and get back on that wagon. Hey - good for you, keep up the good work!

Catch ya later!

Back op plan: Tues - all h2o, fruit and veggies
Wen: Tues plus within points & Journal
Thurs: Wen plus some form of exercise (outside of lifting fork to face )
Old 05-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #11  

Hi. I'm not feeling very motivated right now and it took 2 days for me to even get over to this discussion board to read the threads. My mind is on so many things right now - I really let myself get stressed about things that are too far away to really even worry about yet. So I'm trying to just take it easy for the next week. We don't have a show this weekend and I think I'll pass on attending the annual family reunion (even though I'd like everyone to see how much I've lost since I attended the last one 3 yrs ago).

Anyway....I guess I better go take the dog for a walk. - jul
Old 05-21-2002, 11:26 AM   #12  

HELLO!

Oh I am so happy to be so motivated. I'm really doing much better than I have in quite awhile. Next week I'm supposed to go out of town (again ) for a few days, but I am thinking of skipping it - not sure if I'm strong enough yet. DH is pushing though, so we'll see.

RR - sd is sure to enjoy the swingset!

Bailey - sorry about the work troubles, but that extra day will help, you're right. Good luck! And great to hear from you!

Jul - oh I do the same things sometimes - getting myself all worked up about something that may not even happen or is way in the future. I have 3 words for you - Let it go.

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
Old 05-21-2002, 02:04 PM   #13  

Hi, all. Introduced myself last week. Will just update you all. I am 36 years old. Married with 6 kids. The oldest is 16 and the youngest is 15 months. And I have about 40-50 pounds to lose. And I am tired of being asked when I am due. I get this at least once a month. The majority is around my middle (probably due to all my kids), but also on my butt, thighs, and hips. Oh, and I have that back fat that hangs off your shoulder blades. Very attractive.

Just started a new job Sat. after being a stay at home mom for the last 4 1/2 years. Am hoping that actually moving and not sitting on my butt all day will help me to lose some weight. The only problem is that I work nights and am usually hungry when I get home, especially if I don't get a break. Eating right before bed is probably not a good thing to help weight loss and then have trouble sleeping due to reflux.

Got totally depressed trying on slacks that I need for work. I have been living in leggings and didn't even know what size I wore. They look terrible on me. Had to get the more expensive slacks, 'cause the sale ones really looked awful. The pleats in front make my stomach look twice as big. Even got one of those body slimmer jobies that are supposed to suck you all in, probably helps a little, but not much. Probably just makes it harder to bend over.

Maybe just more insentive to lose the weight. Was hoping to take the dog out the last few days for a good walk, but the weather is not cooperating. It has been cold and extremely windy and wet. Feels like winter, not almost summer.

Need to get a scale to keep track of the weight loss. Was wondering if anyone could recommend one. Do those body fat scales work?

Well, I guess that's it for me for now.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:59 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!! I finally have a couple of minutes to stop in. I've been pretty out of control -- eating like crazy and no exercise -- so I'm trying to get back on track. I'm planning on getting on the treadmill everyday and having lite dinners the rest of the week. I had to do the big steak and baked potato last night though. I have to have that at least once while I'm here. I spent most of the past weekend eating anything I wanted (including fudge!!) but I did walk around Disneyland for ten hours so hopefully that will negate it. The major surprise is that I haven't been drinking much. I thought with the free alcohol I'd be enjoying a lot of wine but so far I've only managed one glass a night. I drink more than that when I'm home.

Hopefully Friday I will have a chance to sift thru everyone's posts and reply. Last weeks training here went great and this week I'm spending my days working with my main cohort getting some paperwork straightened out.

Congrats to all the losers!! I'm afraid of what the scale will say when I get home.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Lexikate: Welcome to the group!! Wow, SIX kids??? Man, I don't know how you do it and work. That must be hard. I don't have time enough for everything and it's just me, work, hubby and school!!

Bailey: Sorry about the job. Sorta forces you to look for a new one doesn't it!!

I'm having WW chicken and veggies tonight and its *6* points. How on earth they get six points for that measly bit of stuff I will never know. There are only three small pieces of chicken.....there's no way that is three points and maybe a half cup of rice, the rest is veggies. What are they doing to us?? Counting the preservatives as points? I'm gonna go weigh that chicken!! I'll let ya know!!

Karen
Closed Thread