Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Need hiney advice from a pro!

My boyfriend recently told me I had a small butt. My fault....I asked him how it looked Friday night in a pair of new jeans. He's always honest (almost brutally) with me when I ask him opinion....sometimes I think he should lie! I've never heard that before, I never thought it was small.....in fact, I always thought it was a little big. He's given me a total complex! It's round and has a good shape, just SMALL.....now that I stare at it, he's right. When I wear jeans, it gets mushed down and looks even smaller. It looks great nekkid or in dresses though! As I lost weight, my hips and butt shrunk by the minute. My hips are now a hair under 35". When I tighten my butt, it all turns hard, so luckily, I suppose, all I need is some serious toning! I have been told squats are good, but that's too vague! What should I be doing? Some kinda of routine? I do have a gym membership, and an elliptical at home.

Last edited by ThePrettyOne; 02-19-2008 at 10:00 AM.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I did some searching once on google... looking to find out what Jessica Simpson did to get her butt for the Dukes of Hazzards. All I could find was that she did a lot of squats and lunges. You can do squats with your legs should width apart. Squats with your feet together. Squats with your feet pointed out at a 90 degree angle from each other (this is also great for inner thighs). I am still over weight... But my bum is firm! I love squats!!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

For lower body, and especially for a cute bum, you want squats, deadlifts and lunges. 3x per week, at the gym, with weights. You can do upper body on the same day or on alternating days, depending on how often you want to go to the gym. For lower body, the squats, lunges and deadlifts are all you need (although there are plenty of variations if you get bored).

Last edited by baffled111; 02-19-2008 at 11:05 AM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #4  
Meg

You might find some ideas in this thread: Butt Exercise??
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Gee, wish I woulda found the Butt Exercise thread on my own Would I get any benefit from the Stair Climber at the gym, or should I just stick with these "non-equipment" workouts?
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #6  
Meg

Don't worry about not finding the thread -- it was hiding in the Maintainers forum and I just happened to remember it was there.

The Stair Climber is great cardio but isn't going to build muscle the way that squats, lunges, and deadlifts will. Do it for calorie burn, but do the other exercises too. Have fun!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Good GRIEF. Those split squats look ... ouch!

I'll have to add some of those to my routine.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

great butt exercises. Thanks for reposting them.

Kelly
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote