South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Tuesday Chick Chat

Sorry Cottage, I got to get moving !!!

Hi all… I’m going to attempt to answer people from yesterday.

Rubberduck, what part of florida do you live in? I grew up in Tampa/St. Pete/Gulfport area.

Cottage, Like I said, it’s a mixed blessing. While it hurts to see him move, I’ve already planned to declutter and move things into Joe’s room. As I’ve been going around the house past few days I’m thinking… LESS THEN HALF the dishes I do now (he eats three times as much as I do). Less bathroom mess, and oh yeah, no mess with video games 1!!!! Hehehehehee

Spirit: I pray things will work out for you. Working with the government is always a challenge! To me it’s worse than training for a marathon!

DAWN: How did DF like the house you found? Seems like everyone is moving!

TKGlen: I hope your feeling better and I hope your dad doesn’t truly have Alzheimers! That disease is terrible!

Femme: I hope the toe feels better! OUCH

CyndiM: Yes, thank you, I have tried more nutritious foods… actually that’s all he gets, but I have tried changing which brand I buy. Didn’t seem to help. Congratulations on the NSV!

Ruth: Sometimes saying no to something we really want is hard! A better puppy is on its way!!!!!

Schmoodle: Yes, my son has no choice but to pay his own rent! Mom can not nor will not afford it, nor do it if she could! He wants to cut the string, he has to pick up the purse!!! I hope your back is better!!!!!

Pacer: Nothing like the feeling of accomplishing a project! Enjoy the chair!

Gonna: Hope the eye is nothing serious!

Beach: Where are you? I live in Bloomfield/Canandaigua area!!! (Near Rochester).

Pam: The program works, if you work it… The good thing about this is any natural food you can grow, kill are SB friendly and most people should have these things in their fridge! My son’s friend stopped in before I started Sbing and asked Joe where the snacks were, he replied “I have ice cream” (his of course)…. She laughed, most people have “chips, cakes, sodas” she said, l…. he replied “I don’t eat that crap.”

Me: (Tuesday)…. I have the repair man coming to fix the dryer today right after work, so no curves (2 days in a row, plus weekend L)… I’m determined to walk the dog tonight. Dear son had a friend over for dinner last night.. I baked Chicken marinated in Old Bay (btw, highly recommended and SB friendly)… the kid ate 3 huge pieces (I’m talking HUGE!)… plus potatos. (Yes, I stayed away from them and opted for veggies).
Old 02-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for starting us up, Loriann! Everyone should feel free to start up the daily thread, the early bird gets the worm!

I'm skipping Curves this morning, too, as I have an early hairdresser appointment. Then it's back home to do a few chores until I have to pick up Maggie. The rest of the day should be pretty uneventful, as I think the girls are pretty exhausted. They had a busy weekend, and yesterday was wild. They were both starting to droop after their tubbies last night, so I fed them an early supper and we just read books until their daddy got home to tuck them into bed at 7.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, just a quick cluck-in as I'm trying to get the kids out the door, and have an early meeting as soon as they are gone. Today will just be about checking things off the list as I am going to New Mexico early Thursday morning and won't be back until Saturday night. It takes a week of planning just to be gone for a couple of days! They'll stay with my parents, but I have to coordinate transportation to Girl Scout meetings, birthday parties, etc., as I don't want my parents to have to be running everywhere. My back is fine today, thanks, just a normal first day of period backache.

LoriAnn, you must have some Marylander in you to be marinating things in Old Bay!
Have a great day cottage!
And everyone to follow! I'll pop back in later on today.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kudos to you, Loriann, for doing personals to everyone from yesterday. I never seem to have the time.

Cottage, take me along to your hairdresser, please. I had my last cut on January 10th and am starting to look due. Short haircuts are great but the shaggies show up fast.

Today's focus is going to be on healthy eating. I am a bit concerned over losing weight so fast since the operation - 15 pounds in less than four weeks.
Part of it is from hospital food but the rest is from nausea from pain. Today will be better and will start off with grapefruit and oatmeal. Wish me luck - and skill - and determination!

Hershey is extra cuddly the past few days. I wonder if she is relieved that we are not getting a puppy! She has turned into even more of a Velcro dog than she was. I can't even go for a pee without having a dog leaning against me. Too funny!

OK, Ruthie, go and DO that breakfast thing!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, I normally don't have time either! hahaha...

I'm sorry to hear your in pain... what kind of surgery did you have? I wish I had gotten sick this year to lose weight, but nope, lol... (I know, I'm weird... but when I get sick, I lose a LOT of weight!)
Old 02-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #6  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning. I'm feeling better this morning. Yeah, my great grandma had alzheimers. It was terrible. She lived to be 101 though. She could've kept going but the alzheimers is what did it to her. Me and my brother are just alittle concerned for him. He forgets sooo easily. And it's more of the short term stuff and some long term memory also but moreso the short term memory is going. I'm afraid to talk to him about it, he's very stubborn when it comes to his health. I did really bad this weekend. I think i've gained about 5 pounds. Its funny how it is sooooo hard to lose weight but you can put it back on in a blink of an eye. My daughter has to get tubes put in both her ears. Her surgery is scheduled for next Monday. I'm really hesitating only because I don't wanna see her in pain but I think about how much pain she's in now and how long she's been in pain (over a year). The ENT said her speech is delayed because of it. My poor princess. I have sooo much to do. I am exhausted. Had to take my dad to the airport at 4 this morning. Still have lots to do but don't wanna do them. DH has PTSD moments almost everyday and I can't stand it. It stresses me out. I am calling his counselor today and talking to him. He is getting worse and isn't getting any better with me. Someone here told me the motherhood is a very thankless and lonely job----it totally is.

Well, everyone have a good day (better than mine....please!).
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #7  

tkglenn, don't worry about the tubes. My DD had them and it was nothing to get them put in, and it was the best thing that we could have done. She had recurring strep throats, and other stuff before, but after the tubes, she was healthy as a horse.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

how long was she in pain after the surgery? How long did the surgery last?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry about yesturday as it was a weird day all together

Good morning Loriann & Cottage

Schmoodle is your trip for business or R&R? Good luck with the planning stage

for you Ruth

Tk

Nothing to much going on here just hotta get my eating under control - I am eating on plan just eating alot of it .

Be back later...
Old 02-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning to all my lovely chick friends! It is so stinking cold here today, I am so over winter and ready for spring!

Loriann It is hard letting kids go, I cried for days when my DS went to college and he still isn't "moved" out yet. You will adjust though and enjoy the peacefullness of it all, trust me!

Cottage Enjoy the hairdresser, sometimes a fresh cut makes you feel better than a workout!

Schmoodle Good luck getting everything lined out today!

Ruth I think you are doing amazing, you are a strong woman and I know you will get both your eating and your knee lined out in no time!

TK for you, you seem to be going through alot. I know it is hard to see our babies suffer even if you know it is better for them in the long run. You to are strong and I know you will do well with everything put in front of you. We are always here for you to unload on!

Me Just another busy day, I actually think I may mind my desk by the end of the day Later ladies!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

tK.... My son had tubes put in, not only did it clear up the infections, but it also helped his hearing! AND balance! Dont' worry, pain will be minimal or nill!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #12  
Trying it again....

how long did surgery last to get the tubes put in?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

they said that she'll have a sore throat for about 7-10 days after the surgery. they are taking the adenoid out too.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

She'll be alright, a sore throat compared to the infections she's been having? Be strong mom!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #15  

My DD had adenoids out at the same time as the tubes. I think she stayed in the hospital one night and she was basically fine the next day. I don't remember exactly, but the surgery was very short, I'd say a half hour or less. I was amazed at how fast she bounced back. She had terrible sleep apnea too, and no appetite, and that went away and once she started sleeping well she was a completely different kid. That was 17 years ago, and now I think they do the tubes outpatient, but I don't know about the adenoids. I guess she may have to stay overnight. I really think you'll be glad you did it.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-19-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Closed Thread