Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Alfredo Sauce

Alfredo Sauce - 1/4 cup, 4 points.

I tweaked this recipe until I got it to an acceptable level of points where it still tasted good.

1/4 cup is 4 points. Since I use it with shrimp (4-8 ounces, 2-4 pts), and one cup of no-yolk or light and fluffy noodes (3 pts), and usually end up using more than 1/4 cup, I usually save it for a day when I eat light the rest of the day, and usually never more than once a week. Now that I know about Flex Points, however, I may be able to enjoy it more often. This makes about 3 cups.

3 TB Whipped Butter -- 6 pts.
3 cloves garlic, minced -- 0 pts.
2 TB flour -- 2 pts.
2 - 12 oz cans Fat Free Evaporated Milk -- 16 points
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese -- 24 pts. (I just can't find lo-fat parmesan)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper, or to taste (I like more pepper)

Saute the garlic in the butter until tender, and stir in flour until flour is absorbed. Slowly add the milk while constantly stirring, then add the cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is absorbed. Simmer on low until it thickens to desired consistency, no more than five minutes. It will also thicken as it cools.

I lay the shrimp on top of the noodles, add some fresh broccli, and pour the sauce over it all. You can also put the shrimp and broccoli right in the sauce if you want, when you are reheating a smaller portion.

It works just as well with chicken.

I separate it into small containers and freeze it. It's actually pretty easy to make, but it still saves some time on busy days to be able to just take it out of the freezer and heat it up.

DO NOT REHEAT IN MICROWAVE -- IT WILL GET LUMPY!

This is my guilty pleasure.
Phillygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote