Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default Here I go again!!!

I've been fighting my inner demons since November and I hope this is the kick in he butt I need.

I started eating too much again around Thanksgiving. I seriously thought I had everything in control but money was short, so I started buying food that was cheap and family friendly and just forgot about what I needed (why do so many of us give up on ourselves first?!)

Christmas came I was determined that I would make it through. Well, at some point I just said to heck with it and started eating all that "good" food people was throwing at me.

To boot, my husband's work hrs changed and suddenly I was having a hard time exercising.

Well, today I cleaned off my scale and I am now back to 242. I didn't gain ALL my weight back but I managed in a few short months to ruin what I had accomplished over this past spring/summer. It took me so long to lose the weight I did and I threw almost all of it away in a couple of months!

Well, I just got back from the grocery store. My fridge is now stocked with nice fresh veges, chicken, low fat soups, and all the things that worked for me over the summer.

Also, my husband and I decided to get an eliptical! I was determined that my income tax money would be put to good use. Funny, I always thought exercise equipment was out of my price range but we spent under $250 and I saw some nice exercise bikes for under $90 which I would like to get next payday so hubby and I have some variety and can switch back and forth.

I am SO excited!!!! I almost blew it but feel confident that I can do this again.

Please, I need your prayers, thoughts, and words of encouragement!!! I am SO tired of being heavy. I get so disgusted that I only own one pair of jeans that fit and I have to shop the men's section for shirts to get the length and girth right.

Sorry for the rant just had to get back into this. Besides my goal of eating right and exericising I also NEED to visit the site everyday because all of your posts inspire me SO much.

Thanks for listening!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #2  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

We're behind you 100%. Keep reminding yourself that you CAN and WILL do this. But don't beat yourself up if you backslide sometimes; just get back on plan right away and keep going. Accept that we all mess up sometimes. The key is that overall, we're making progress, and we NEVER GIVE UP!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks so much Serena! I have been kicking myself a bit because I was DREAMING of being under 200 lbs and if I would of stuck with it I'd be there. I know I can't be negative though and now I'm shooting for under 200 by spring/summer. I know I can do it!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #4  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
if I would of stuck with it I'd be there
I can't tell you how many times I've kicked myself for this very reason. I have to keep reminding myself, I'm going to be overweight for at least the next few months either way, so I might as well at least be making progress toward my goal. And when I get to the goal date I've set, I'll be so happy if I can look back and know I didn't waste the time. The time goes by at the same speed either way, even if it doesn't feel like it!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #5  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi vealcalf2000 --

What's done is done! Seems like you've learned from your episode -- so now you know --

So easy to put on -- so hard to take off. Long ago someone said, "Five minutes on the lips, five years on the hips! Now that's a wonderful cheer for us.

It doesn't help when family and friends say, "Oh, go ahead, one day isn't going to kill you," (I hear this all the time and as recently as Valentine's Day!). My DH wanted to take me to an italian restaurant, fresh baked bread, pasta -- my oh my -- I spoke to him and he was wonderfully supportive. Instead of indulging in pasta, we stayed home, toasted each other with a glass of wine, and I had a couple of pieces of Russell Stovers sugar free chocolate with pecans -- much better than the damage I would have done at that italiian restaurant!

I think it's wonderful about planning to get the elliptical. I am planning to get one as well and I am soooo excited too!

We are doing this vealcalf2000 -- and we aint looking back!

best,
b
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Good to see you back again! I'm sorry to hear that you regained... Chalk it up to a learning experience: you now know that you can't just go back to the old ways of eating without consequences!

It's great that you're getting an elliptical! That will make it easier for you to keep up with your exercise!

You can do it! You can get those pounds off again! You'll see--you'll be back down soon!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

You can do it! Last year I went thru a bad time Feb thru March with my ex/court stuff and gained back 17 pounds! I was 220 again and I was mad at myself but knew I had to put on the brakes.

I lost that plus some by the time he passed on in August.

Get back up and lose it again. You can do it!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote