Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #1  
weightwatchergirl

S/C/G: 224.4/211.8/160

Height: 5'6

Angry Is the scale going down and you feel and look the same?

Hi all -

I am down almost 10 pounds from the last 2 weeks - I don't know where it went though -- I know since I see myself everyday that it is hard to tell and all my cloths are so old that I am having a hard time seeing if they are loser or not (I have a lot of the stretchy kind) I am happy to see the scale go down but I want to see ME go down! I even took photos of myself and I still can't see where I lost the weight -- I even have photos from 2 months ago and then for today...Some measurements are lower but I still wish I could see more noticeable results...when does that start to kick in?
weightwatchergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I feel your pain on that one! Last year I lost 30 pounds and really couldn't tell the difference with it gone, although other people would tell me. I think that it takes a while for our bodies to adjust to our perception of ourselves. One way that might be a good measure is to go to a store and try on jeans or pants in your size and then go back in a month and try on that same size - that way they haven't had a chance to stretch, and you're really getting an indication of how much your body has changed. Who knows, maybe you'll need to drop down a size the next time you go!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I have the same thing. The scale has gone down, my clothes are fitting looser, people are telling me that I look thinner - but I look exactly the same in the mirror. The only place where I really noticed a loss was my boobs! How sucky is that?

Anyway, I've heard others on this forum say that they only have started to notice after a really large amount of weight loss. It's unfortunate, but gives us reason to keep going so we see the loss some day.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/254.5/155

Height: 5'6''

Often times, we don't notice it in ourselves because we see ourselves everyday and see the gradual change, not the drastic change.

I know a lot of dieters who take before and after pictures or progress pictures to see the drastic change.

emily445455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

10 lbs equals 5 blocks of velvetta cheese..
I try to visualize my weight loss as in blocks of cheese.
Sounds crazy but it really makes you think.
I have lost 14lbs in 3 weeks and my daughter said she can tell it in my face...LOL I wish it was in my butt she could tell!!
Hang in there what you are doing is working ....
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Unfortunately, 10 pounds on larger people isn't very much--and most likely not enough to change your shape. Keep going! I had to lose 15-20 before anyone started to notice a difference. But it WILL happen!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hmm, I wish I could say that it is easier to tell after you lose alot but for me that isn't the case. I am down 83 lbs. and to be honest I notice only by my clothes and even some tops I'm still wearing since b4 I lost the last 41 and they aren't awful-looking just a little loser. I just don't get it either.

Other people tell me they see it and that it's alot of difference. I just don't feel it and I'm down 13 inches in my hips, 12.5 inches in my waist, etc. since my highest weight!!! Lottttts of inches over my whole body. But it's been over several years now so maybe I'm just used to the somewhat-thinner me. I don't know.

Hope you start feeling it soon. Otherwise, just keep going anyway! I feel a bit lighter so that's a plus. (Esp. considering I've lost the equivalent of over 3 of my 2yr old daughter's weight! Hmmm, I'll take being down 3 two year olds!)

Keep it up! Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #8  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Im in the same boat as you. i've lost about 35 pounds so far, and i really dont see much of a difference. I am taking before and after pics, tho, and this helps me cause i definitely see the difference when viewing these. i know i do look lighter though, bc ppl have told me so (without knowing im dieting). Weightwatchergirl, Keep it up though, im positive you will see a difference--maybe 5 more pounds. But you'll see that diffrerence. and i suggest continuing to take bf and after pics, they really do help.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Take some pictures! That happens to me all the time. I will think I am not losing but I will look back at a picture from the month before and I will look slimmer.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

It IS really hard to see the difference in yourself. Think about it, you see yourself multiple times a day in mirrors, windows, etc., and you see a really really gradual change. It's sort of like if someone just gets a trim when they go for a haircut or whether they're getting 10 inches cut off. To you, since you see yourself all the time, you're just getting trim (albeit over and over again -- 9 lbs down is great!), but when other people see you, they see the whole larger haircut.

Keep going -- the change will be really noticable!

I've lost almost 20 lbs and have gone down a size in clothes, but I still feel exactly the same. BF says I look really different and so have some other friends that didn't even know I was trying to lose weight, but I totally don't see it. I guess I'm just goin to try and trust their eyes instead of mine!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

S/C/G: 212/166/140

I have been feeling the same way, although I think I know why.

I am down 43 pounds and need to lose another 28 to get to my goal weight. I've visualized how I'll look at my goal weight for so long, but I've never visualized my "in-between" weights. Yes, I've lost a lot and I've had to buy new pants and my face is definitely thinner and a few people have noticed.

But I'm an "all or nothing" type of person so because I'm not yet at the goal weight that I've visualized, I feel like it's not working yet. Make sense?
Catmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #12  

The tape measure doesn't lie. You *are* getting smaller. Unfortunately, the more you need to lose, the longer it will take to perhaps be noticeable to others. It took me well over 50 lbs before anyone noticed and said something to me. Shoot...I hit 100 lbs lost and a co-worker asked "Are you losing weight?"

Hang in there...It will show soon!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

I agree with JayEll - unfortunately 10 pounds may not be that noticeable on when we have 50 + pounds to lose... however if you are losing weight with exercise as well as proper nutrition (as opposed to diet alone) you will be able to see results faster, because your body composition changes for the best with exercise.

Hang in there - you are progressing in the right direction!

Last edited by JayEll; 02-17-2008 at 09:34 AM.
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #14  
weightwatchergirl

S/C/G: 224.4/211.8/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone!!!

I was so happy today -- I went to buy new jeans and I got a whole size smaller!! I was a 20 before and today I bought 18 -- It wasn't a tight fit either - it was perfect! I feel much better now! Thanks for all the support!!!

:-)
weightwatchergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Now see???

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote