Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #1  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Default Stressed and depressed and I wanna eat dang it

Ok so the past 2 weeks have been stressful to say the least. First my sister (younger) had my 3 year old niece taken from her. And my mom wants me to testify on behalf of my niece in a meeting. My husband is against it and making it difficult on me. Without giving to much detail my sister is a drug addict so thats why all this is happening. Yesterday I got a tentative dx on my middle son that he may have Celiac Disease and for 6 months we have to go gluten free and retest depending on the results this could be a life long thing. I live in a small rural town where no one sales gluten free foods. And I have only found 1 place who has a tiny selection of Gluten free foods and thats 1 hour away. And frankly I have never been much of a stress eater, I used to not eat when stressed. But right now I just want to sit and eat eat eat. I know this is not a good thing but I can not get the thoughts out of my head. So far I have not broken down and pigged but I fear I might soon especially if I testify next week.

Can I please get some support through this.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Look at it this way, how will sitting down and pigging out help your son and your niece?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

What relaxes you? What soothes you? What strengthens you?
Any healthy answer is acceptable.
Special teas, a good book, candles, inspirational or devotional materials, puzzles, music, exercise, a bath, a pedicure, a massage ...

You get the picture.
You CAN do this - you ARE in the home stretch. Stay strong. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Last edited by CountingDown; 02-16-2008 at 04:29 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #4  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

I think once hubby gets home (in 1 hour) I am going to go for a nice long bike ride (at least 1 hour). I think that might help at least for today and may be do the same thing when he get home tomorrow.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I'm sorry that you are having problems. Think about 30 minutes in advance when you want to eat from depression. Imagine what you will feel like if you sit down and eat a plate of insert comfort food here versus just coming home from a walk around the block, or a session of pulling weeds, or folding a couple of baskets of laundry. Big difference! Hang in there.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote