Old 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #1  

Default I need a good, swift kick you know where!

Hi,

The last two days I have just been EATING like crap. It's not PMS. I could blame it on lack of sleep, but that's probably not it. Do you ever just totally fall off the wagon and can't figure out why?

I'm going back on plan right NOW. I just wish I could figure out why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm afraid of success for some reason?

Thanks for listening-
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Sherry

You might be able to find the trigger to this episode... you might not. What's important is you've made the decision to get back on track right this very moment. Keep on going!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'll kick you if you'll kick me! We are still here and that's the important thing.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

*punt*

I know the feeling. I've been up and down and up and down this last few weeks. Hang in there and just keep reminding yourself that you are capable of doing this!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Come on, Suzie! Don't you dare throw in that towel! You just pick yourself right up and keep on trucking!

Did that help? You can do it! Keep going!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #6  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

go girl go. you know you want to
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #7  
No description available.

I could have written your post myself.

This is a speedbump. That is all. Stay on the road and keep going. We can only control our next move, not the one that has already been done.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I've been doing the same thing.........i'm not afraid of success by any means,I think my problem is that I have so far to go and healthy food is so expensive and it's so hard by yourself when you're the only one on a diet..Sometimes I think I'd be better off just to starve,atleast DH wouldn't have a big grocery bill. I think my "no weight loss" is stress from not losing any weight,if that makes any sense, it's just a vicious cycle...around and around again,kinda like soap opera.lol
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Start writing down what you ate and how you feel about it. You may never find out what triggered this eating episode, but it may help you prevent future ones.

You can stay on track!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #10  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I think shelbysmom hit the nail on the head for me

Mine is the same scenario. I started out with such great hopes for this South Beach Diet and I still feel that the diet is exactly what I need in terms of my present and future health (ie; family history of diabetes and heart disease) but at the same time my life is just not "cooperating" with my motivation and desire!!

I have had to go off plan three separate times because the SBD-approved food ran out before we got paid and then our grocery bill has increased by 30% (not to mention my favorite store has also decided to increase their prices as well!) then I needed to fly home (986 miles away) and although my first meal of the day was OP---welll, the rest of the day was soda from the vending machine. If you're wondering why didn't I eat a meal elsewhere---I wanted to spend as much time with my mom as I could (they thought she was going to die a week ago) so eating was not high on my list. For six days, I ate mostly one meal a day and sugared soda. (My mom is in critical condition in an ICU). I couldn't afford to buy groceries in a different city. I was holed up in a motel room with the only other option was a continental breakfast (read: carbs and more carbs)!

Well, I returned home bloated, blue and I was afraid to get back on the scales. I finally got up enough courage to weigh myself yesterday. My heart sank. I had gained back almost everything I had lost from the first part of January. I hadn't gone to the bathroom for three days. I weighed again today and I had lost a couple of those bloated pounds.

I changed my ticker. I had to. One of my agreements with myself is I've got to be honest with myself and with you.

I want to lose weight once and for all and be posting on the maintenance thread so bad I could taste it. Right now, I feel like I will bobbing back and forth like this forever. This is really hard to say but life sucks sometimes and sometimes our best laid plans go amuck.

SO, I began last night by making my Valentine's Day meal as a SBD approved choice and rebegan. I have eaten OP two meals already today. I hope to go back to see my family at Easter and I have four and a half weeks to figure out how I will be able to stay OP.

I'm sorry you're hurting but I hope you know that we know how you feel and we are here for you.

Last edited by pamatga; 02-15-2008 at 02:37 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie76 View Post
Maybe I'm afraid of success for some reason?

Looking back I know this is the reason I've failed in the past. If I lost all my weight I would lose my identity or something. I've been fat all my life so if I took away the fat where would that leave me. Silly thinking I know but after a bout of feeling like I lost my identity after having the kids, I know I'm going to be who I am if I weigh 500 pounds or 125 pounds. I don't know if that's part of what is different for me this time or what. I have simply made lifestyle changes that I hope will last the rest of my life in the way I live.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #12  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

What matters is to keep on going. What you are doing this second is what matters. Many times this is so minute to minute. I'm glad you posted here to get back on track.

When the food seems expensive, think about the medical bills that you will accumulate for not taking care of yourself. "Try buying back your health once it is gone."

We can do it. It is what you do most of the time that counts.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #13  

Thank you so much! I feel like everytime I post here, I'm whining about something!

Pamatga, I'm so sorry about your mom. Sending hugs to you.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

It is hard, isn't it? I still do that every once in awhile. But the key is to not let it go on and on for days and weeks. A day or two of eating crappy once in awhile won't stop the weight loss long term. We just gotta get back on ASAP and lose any regained weight before it gets out of hand.

For me, it is totally emotional. Today, I was sick. I didn't feel like eating. But then my husband said something that aggravated me, and then he sat in his recliner and fell asleep, snoring like a freight train for 2 hours. It grated on me so bad that I started eating. Before I knew it, I had eaten a bowl of macaroni and cheese and a bunch of dark chocolate. Then it dawned on me that I was really getting a migraine from his snoring (and I was not real thrilled about his nap instead of helping out) so I quit eating because THAT was not going to solve anything. So I woke him up mid-snore and told him he could cook dinner tonight.

Gotta deal with the emotions, not stuff 'em.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #15  

Hi,

Thanks so much!

You know what really worries me, though-it's how EASY it is to slip back into old habits without even thinking about it! Eating the way I did that got me to this weight in the first place! To eat healthy, I have to think and plan so much. I've been OP for six weeks, and I thought I had the habits ingrained into my head, but apparently not.

Sherry