Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Giving up c25k training

Because I just did 5K in 43 minutes. Or about 5K. I know I did 3 miles in 37 minutes. I had many times when I wanted to go ahead and walk, not because I'm getting winded but because it kills the muscle between my ankles and calves. I persevered through it and made it the whole way. It was a lot harder doing it on the asphalt in town than my pasture at home. I'm ready for hte 5K in the morning as long as it doesn't ice over. I say I'm ready. I've been jogging with music and you can't use it at the race. I'm hoping adrenelyn will kick in and push me through.

BTW I made it through 4 weeks of the c25k training before I decided to go ahead and give the 5k a try.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  
No description available.

Good for you!! Congrats on your efforts! Running burns fat like nothing else I know (disclaimer: that is my opinion and only an opinion, and I also say that running is whatever one thinks it is--I do not use the word "jogging" and I am very slow and what I call running someone else might not call running but I say phooey to them)

Keep it up!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

That's amazing! Congratulations! Good luck on the 5K. I'm sure you'll do fantastic. :-)
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Wow!!! WTG!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

WOW Dawnyal! That's incredible!!!

I can BARELY run for 30 SECONDS!!!!!

WoooooHoooo!!!!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post

Good for you!! Congrats on your efforts! Running burns fat like nothing else I know (disclaimer: that is my opinion and only an opinion, and I also say that running is whatever one thinks it is--I do not use the word "jogging" and I am very slow and what I call running someone else might not call running but I say phooey to them)
I would have to agree with you 100%. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm losing more quickly this time around. I weighed yesterday morning (not my official weigh-in day) at 280.5 That 22 pounds lost in 5 weeks. I never really gave running/jogging much of a shot before and this time it's been my stress reliever and what I'm using to set goals with (rather than saying I wanna lose 50 pounds by summer or whatever like I used to)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #7  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Talking

First of all, GOOD FOR YOU! It's great that you've given running a try and you've come a long way!

When I first began running, I had a sharp pain in the muscle in the lower part of my right calf (sort of halfway between my actual calf muscle and the achilles tendon). It was quite intense, and I had to stop and walk several times during many runs. Unfortunately, the pain didn't seem to ease with walking either.

What did help, however, was taking a few easy running days. I took a few days where I'd go out for just a mile or so. I even took a day or two off from running altogether. After that, the pain went away. I read a fair amount about it back then, and it seemed likely that it was a very mild injury due to increasing my activity level all of a sudden, and then doing too much too fast. I don't know where you started out, but it's possible if you started the way that I did, given a few days to rest, your calves will be back in order.

Either way, GOOD LUCK to you in your 5K! You'll do great, and the feeling of accomplishment will stay with you for days to come!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Yay!!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Awesome!!!

So very proud of you girl!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #10  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbygirl43 View Post
I would have to agree with you 100%. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm losing more quickly this time around. I weighed yesterday morning (not my official weigh-in day) at 280.5 That 22 pounds lost in 5 weeks. I never really gave running/jogging much of a shot before and this time it's been my stress reliever and what I'm using to set goals with (rather than saying I wanna lose 50 pounds by summer or whatever like I used to)

Sounds like a great plan and a wonderful attitude! Keep up the running and the scale will take care of itself....and it sounds like it is! 22 pounds in 5 weeks is simply astonishing! You are totally rocking this journey!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #11  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I'm checking in here a little late so I hope your 5k went smoothly. Keep us posted!! Congratulations on taking on this challenge!!

I have my first 5k in June and then a triathlon in September... I certainly hope I gain the confidence that you have by then. Way to go!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Dawnyal, that is fantastic! I can't wait to hear all about your 5K.

On March 1st, I'll be starting C25K. I'm hoping to run a 5K sometime this year, too. And, it would be great to rock the weight loss like you're doing! Congratulations!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #13  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Dawnyal!!

I started running recently because of tennis elbow - I can't ride my bike. I prolly should have tried that program. I looked it up - it looks like a great plan. You are proof that it works.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote