Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #194 Bale of Turtles Doing It!!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #2  
Chick

Turtles,
I love that you're posting so often. It's good for all of us!
Judy
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Thumbs up

Oh, I want to be a turtle! I don't want to quit but I'd like to keep on losing if only a lb. I need more exercise from this point on! I sure do appreciate the encouragement everyone has! Thanks. No weight loss this week. Stayed the same but that in itself is amazing considering the amount of stress this week (and family) has produced. I'm having such fun with these emoticons.
Lizabeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and Happy Wednesday! Snowy and cold here again today... Ugh! Come on Summer! Well I had just gotten so sick of oatmeal for breakfast that I started to switch it up a bit... today I am having a WW yogurt with a cup of fruit mixed in and a bagel with a very little bit of reduced fat cream cheese on it and a cup of coffee... I really did not realize what a rut I had fallen into with eating the same things day after day, week after week... it makes a huge difference in how I feel and my satisfaction level when I try new things. The roads were bad when I left work yesterday so I went home instead of to the gym but I did my walk away the pounds 2 mile tape and it was great!

Anyone have plans for Valentines day?

Lizabeth2: Welcome, very glad to have you with us! Most of us are really trying to get back on track so you picked a great time to join us! Tell us a bit about yourself when you get a chance.

Judy: Best wishes for an awesome WI!

All: What is new with everyone? Did anyone watch the biggest loser last night? I thought it was very interesting how Jillian brought in her mom who is a therapist to talk to her group and I was amazed at how many had emotional problem... actually I think that all of them did... made me start to think really hard about my own situation and what I can do to get around the negative stuff.

I will be back again soon!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Liz! Sure you can lose weight by following WW's guidelines.
We all struggle from time to time and right now lots of us are struggling. Join in, let us know a little about you and we'll do the same. Send us your ideas and let's all get and stay on track.

Princess, how interesting that changing up breakfast made you feel like you were out of a rut. That's great. As far as The Biggest Loser and the therapist, I also think honing in on emotional stresses has helped me see where I need to go--however, it's not always easy to do the right thing even when I know what the right thing is.

Heading out to WW's WI and I hope I do well.
Take care and be well.
Judy
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #6  

Lizabeth - WELCOME! It is always great to have someone new join. We will help each other with encouragement and support.

Judy - hope he weigh in goes well. Let us know

Princess - I think it is true when you eat the same things over and over you just aren't as satisfied as when you find new things that hit those taste buds just right.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #7  

Howdy all!

Just my mid-day check in to see what is going on. Has anyone tried the Diet Pepsi Max yet? I have tried it a couple of times now and it is great. Tastes good and the extra caffeine and ginseng, not too strong, just enough to help you over the hump and to the next meal or snack time. I have started bringing a can with me to work a few times a week. I am not a big soda pop drinker but it is good.

Cherry: you know it really is easy to get into a rut, at least for me it is. Then I get tired of something because I have eaten it for months on end and am much more likely to fall of the wagon. So trying new things and such is in my game plan

I have about a half hour before it is my official lunch time so I am going to get off of here for now but will check back later on.

Ariana: Are you still out there?

Bandit: How are you doing?

All: Chime in when you can!

Last edited by Princess1122; 02-13-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

Default Recipes for Chris???

Hey there Chris, I was looking around in the recipe forum on this site for breakfast ideas and found one that I thought looked good and then I realized that it may also work for you. I know you said no eggs, you were sick of them but I think that in this recipe you may not even know that they are there so much.

6 Crepes for only 3.5 pts!! Very high protein, low carb too!

If some of you guys like to stay low carb/high protein, but miss pancakes and waffles, then i have discovered the best recipe!! it's a crepe recipe, and the recipe is for ONE serving... it makes 6 crepes for only 3.5 pts!! I have made them the past two days and have topped them with fat free strawberry yogurt and with ff cool whip mixed with vanilla yogurt and 'vanilla butter nut' extract. delicious!! i also added banana extract to the batter and it was just like banana nut. top with a little sugar free syrup and you have an awesome breakfast. okay anyways, here's the recipe:

Fresh and Lean Crepes

1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 Tbls. plain oatmeal
6 egg whites
vanilla to taste
packet of splenda
cinnamon if you want

-Blend in a blender for 30 secs. This makes two cups of batter. spray small skillet or pan with pam. To make six crepes, put 1/3 c. in pan at a time. when you add the crepe swirl it around in the pan to coat evenly. very carefully, flip and cook on other side. since it takes a while to cook them all, keep a plate in a 250 degree oven and keep the cooked crepes in there with a pot lid covering them. If you want to make a yummy topping to make it a 4.5/5 pt. breakfast, make this:

2 Tbls. cottage cheese
3 Tbls. ff cool whip
1 Tbls. any flavor ff yogurt you want(i used vanilla)
any extract you want ( i used vanilla butter nut)

Blend in blender and refrigerate while making crepes. spoon into cooked crepes and roll up.

3.5 pts for all 6 crepes
1/1.5 pts for topping
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, that crepes recipe sounds great. I've printed it up and I'll have to get the ingredients, but I'm going to do it.

In the same idea, here's a recipe for an oatmeal pancake:

Using any instant oatmeal packet (flavored or plain--just count the points on the pkg)
Mix the contents of the instant oatmeal package with 2 egg whites.
Pour into a Pam-sprayed pan
Cook and flip
I make one large pancake, but you could also make 3 small ones.
Top with sf maple syrup or any low cal topping you'd like.
The points on this recipe are variable--just count the oatmeal because 2 whites aren't even one point. Enjoy! I know this sounds disconnected, but it's tasty, easy and fast!

I wasn't able to get to my WW's mtg. because our area (Long Island, NY) lost its electricity. We were without for 3 hours, but my dd is coming to visit and she and I can catch an evening mtg.

Take care and be well and keep on drinking that water!
Judy
Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #10  

Judy: thanks for the recipe, I will have to try that one!

I am getting ready to go and get changed into my work out clothing, almost time to leave but I wanted to check in and see what was going on with everyone.

Have a great day all and I will talk to everyone tomorrow!
Princess
Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

I am off this week and have been pretty busy with shovelling, shopping & spending time with dd who was home for a few days since she is on reading week. It has been soooo cold up here & tons of snow - they said on news this is most snow we have had in past 10 years & I can believe it. The city is actually taking snow away from side streets instead of just ploughing since it is too high to leave on the sides of streets. But today is nice & sunny so that is nice for a change.

I stayed same this week at the scale. Little disappointed, but still having a few too many treats.

I went through my journals & pulled out some where I had really good weeks and am going to sit down & make up menu for next week using past journals for meals & snacks. Easy to forget what has worked in the past & somethings I haven't had in ages so looking forward to that.

I also watched Biggest Loser and was surprised the black team didn't pick Dan for immunity instead of Jay. At one point they said they wanted Dan to be with them & then they picked someone else not to get kicked off. So am confused about that.

Am having a bingo night tonight with gf I haven't seen for awhile since she was in Australia for 6 weeks - so hope we have some good luck. Will be fun to catch up with her & we both love bingo. So should be fun evening.

Hope everyone is doing well & a big welcome to Liz!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #12  
Chick

Just got back from my WI. Couldn't stay for the mtg., but the news was good. I lost the pound I gained last week. Now!!!!!! I've got to keep this going. No more yo=yo-ing.

Bandit, enjoy your company and your dd. Have fun. It's really smart to check out the menus and foods you ate and lost weight. I've got a couple of trackers like that and it's a good reminder of foods you like and still do well with.
I'm off to have my dinner, but I'll be back here tomorrow.
Judy
234.6/217.6/thinner into onederland
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Princess, is that you in your avatar pic? If it is, you look amazing.

Sorry I've been busy with school yet again and all the Valentine's Day prep for the kids tomorrow. Cute little craft foam lady bug valentines for Nicole, and foam hearts with flowers for Kayla's class, and a ton of cookies. Thank God I don't crave too many sweets. I'm a carb, starch, salt junkie.

Good job to all of you this past week. Looks like you have done awesome. Love the list of things to do to avoid emotional eating-Cherry! And the stages of weight loss was a neat post.

Well gotta go. Dinnertime is here and then its off to homework land (psstt...and American Idol!) Check back later.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #14  

Morning all and a very happy Valentines day to everyone! DH asked me last night what I wanted for Valentines day, I said, "I don't care, just not candy!" His response was "well, I guess I will have to take back that box of Godiva chocolates that I got for you" Groan! We are not doing much for each other this year so what ever it is I am sure it will be lovely, even if it is Godiva!

I am leaving work early today to get home to do preparations before DH gets home. Should be a very nice evening.

Bandit: Enjoy your time off from work, I know that it goes all too quickly! Blah to shoveling snow! I know how you feel though and am super ready for spring. I went a bought a couple small potted spring flowers not long ago to have around the house... anything to brighten things up and give myself some hope that warmer weather will come!

Christina: Yup, that is me, that was taken last spring while DH and I were in Hawaii. Sad to say I have not lost much weight since then, the constant YoYo effect. But it will get better I have faith! Thanks for your kind words, I will be thrilled to someday post my "after" pictures, it will happen someday!

Judy: Good for you! I am so happy for you... I sure understand the whole YoYo thing, good grief I feel like I have had a string attached to me for a very long time now... but no more!

All: Have a great and positive day ladies! Stay on plan, drink your water, take a stroll if you have time, and relax... after all, this is our day!

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 02-14-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #15  

It looks like i have gotten behind already. It is nice to have so many new posts though. It is hard to stay encouraged when it slows way down. I am feeling to worn out to do personals but i read everyones posts. It looks like everyone is doing well and the recipes look good to. So far two OP days. I did use 2 flex points yesterday but i felt that was good considering all i wanted to do last night was eat a whole pizza. (That Darn Emotional Eating)
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote