South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Valentine's Day Chat

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Our plans may be put on hold for this evening. I'm going to offer to keep the girls so Cindy and Richard can go out for a romantic dinner. That's the least I can do since I've had the past 2 days off. I sent Jake off to work with his favorite chocolate fudge cake to share with his co-workers, so he's a happy camper.

Plenty of sunshine is in our forecast for the day!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ah, Cottage, what a nice person you are to keep the kids! I'm sure Jake will be so proud to share that cake!

I'm making a lb cake this afternoon (the REALLY bad kind) because my son wants strawberry short cake for his birthday. He is coming over around 6 and we are going to eat raw and grilled oysters. Guess I'll cheat and have a few crackers with the raw ones.

Hope today is better than yesterday. I left work for a few minutes yesterday on my break...came back and someone had taken my (reserved) parking spot so I had to park elsewhere. After work I was completely stuck in wet soggy gravel. First, the principal called the school board to see if someone could get me out...they didn't have any trucks in the area after putting us on "hold"..then..Janitor tried to get my big car out with a lawn tractor (I wanted to call the towing company right away, but he insisted as did the office). Made it worse. Then he tried to get it out with a big rope and the school's food van. Rope popped. Worse again. By this time it was almost 2 hours after I should have been home. I finally called the towing company and they came a little while later and pulled it right out. Didn't charge me anything (their son is one of my clients. I had a feeling they would do it for nothing since I've done emergency work for their son and didn't charge anything for it) Wish I would have not listened and called them right away! So that put me several hours behind in starting work here. I didn't finish working till after 10p.m and had started at 4 a.m.....grrrrrr.

Happy Valentines day (no flowers or candy for me....I got some new pots!!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-14-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, I hope you have a better day today, too! That was an awful experience to have to go through yesterday. Did you ever find out who it was that parked in your spot? Shame on them!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, I'll take some cake!!!!!!

Cat, sorry about your ordeal! Hate when that happens! (we've all been there a time or two). My first day on my last job. 9/11/00. I headed to town to drop the kid off at the school and I didn't have any steering! I pulled (and I mean pulled) into a gas station and lifted the hood, the belt was loose. Easy fix?> NOT. It was the belt tensioner! I never made it to work that day! Not good for a first day! LOL. Or the time, about two months later, the same car... the hood flew up while driving it, totaled the car! YIKES! Again, got to work late.

Anyway, things aren't going welll in the eating area h ere. Not sure why. Will have to revamp today.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Valentine's Day chicks!
Hope you have plans to snuggle with your sweetie today!
Well, Kara, I know you don't and I don't, but we can snuggle with the kiddies anyway.
Today is wonderful because: Tomorrow is Friday; My kids have school today! Survivor is on tonight.

I would definitely want revenge Cat. Do you know who did it? Could we flood them with angry e-mails?
Cottage, that is very selfless of you to sacrifice your V-day for Cindy. Does she know what a treasure you are? At least we do!
Loriann, back away from the cake! V-Day is a great day to get back on track.
CarCar!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-14-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Happy Valentine's Day

Cottage That is so sweet of you to keep the girls tonight. Have a fantastic day.

Femme If you see the car again I think you should let the air out of their tires and send them back to all the same people who tried to help you for assistance

Loriann

Schmoodle How did the weigh in go? I was sending you happy weigh in thoughts

Me Back to work today. I took off yesterday as it was the 2 year anniversary since my dad passed away. We always go to the beach where we scattered his ashes and have lunch. It was a very nice day yesterday but back to work today. DF is taking me out to dinner after work but NO presents. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks!

Just a quickie this morning. Apparently we have a lot of black ice so I need to leave extra time for driving.

I tried straining plain fat free yogurt overnight to make my own greek yogurt. I would say that the texture was very close, though not quite as smooth and the taste was right on. I drained out a lot of whey (the stuff with the milk sugar in it!). I had a bowl of the strained yogurt with frozen blueberries and slivered almonds for breakfast. Yum! Thanks to the person who suggested the coffee filter method. I have lots of unused filters because we bought a coffeemaker with a non-disposable filter a few months ago. More yogurt tonight!

I'll try to get back later for personals. We have a new boss so I'm trying to behave a little
Old 02-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I'm sure Cindy appreciates you. She and the girls are very lucky.

Cat, the rotter! I'd let air out of two tires and really fix them. By the way, I adore oysters!

Schmoodle, kiddie cuddling is as good as doggie cuddling and you don't need to deal with men. Nice card!

Loriann, I hope you easily get back on track today.

Thin, what a good idea to have a picnic on the beach - a nice tradition.

I'm already having my cuddle with my darling Hershey. It'll be a quiet day except for the visit from Tim the PT guy. I was pretty darned sore yesterday and loafed around in my robe a lot. Today I need to pull it together. The good news is that the leg is now strong enough that I don't need the walker all the time. Now to get that darned knee bent!

Sunshine here today but I suspect more white stuff is on the way! We are having a "normal" Canadian winter but everyone is crabbing a lot! Easy for me to criticize when I don't need to go outside.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CindiM, careful out there! I detest black ice.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Probably a parent picking up a sick kid or bring something to school or a student teacher there to observe took my spot. I usually put a sign on the fence when I leave for my break that says "Back in 15 minutes..please don't take my reserved parking place"...for some reason I didn't because there were a lot of empty spaces they could have chosen from. Had no idea the spot I ended up parking in was full of water...couldn't see it in the gravel when I parked there. When I started the car later, I just spun in the soggy mess.

today HAS to be better.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-14-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Valentines Day!

Cottage you are such a sweetie

Cat how dare that person

Good luck with your eating Loriann

Schmoodle

Dawn that is such a great way to remember your dad. It's only been 4 months since my dad passed and for valentines he gets a dozen red roses at his grave - boy do I miss him

Hi Cyndi I'm not sure what black ice is but be careful

Ruth thats good news about the walker. Hang in there and that knee will be as good as new

ME - tonight is dinner at Chart House. I didn't make my valenting goal which all in all with what I have gone through I came in at 1.8lbs up from where I started.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Happy V-day to all you chicks!

Cottage how sweet of you to watch the kids!

Cat here's hoping for a better day!

Loriann good luck getting back on plan today.

Schmoodle enjoy your day!

Dawn glad you had a good day yesterday, have fun tonight!

Cyndi guess I am going to have to give this yogurt a try, your breakfast sounds better than my oatmeal.

Ruth sounds like your making great progress, keep plugging along!

Me Yet another busy day at work, thinking it may get ugly today since everyone will be here and they are going to be told they need to step it up and help a bit!

I'm getting spoiled at home, DD has cooked every night this week and is cooking again tonight! DH is sending her flowers to school today, its nice to see them finally getting along even if he is driving me crazy! We shall see what the day holds, I really need to go him something but he is so stinking hard to buy for!

Alright I have to get busy, NASCAR has the dual races today at 2 and being a huge fan I will have them on and my production will slow!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy Hearts Day!

We found out last night that a very close friend who has been quite sick got a new heart yesterday and pulled through the surgery well. This morning his heart is beating on its own and he's getting his breathing tubes out already! He's only 30 years old and has two young boys and a wonderful wife. He and Tom were stationed at the Air Force Honor Guard together when we were in D.C. and he just all of a sudden got sick one day. The doctor who did the transplant said his heart wouldn't have lasted more than a couple more weeks. What a special day for them! He's been called at least twice to come down for a new heart and then had to go back home without one, so this is a true answered prayer.

Talked to Tom this morning and he hasn't heard whether he officially got the spot in the March class. Hoping for word tomorrow! God is good and will take care of us, regardless, but this March class sure fits into our schedule better than the May one!

Linda, have fun with the girls tonight if you spend the evening with them! I'm sure they've missed you the last two days!

Cat, I do hope your day is better than yesterday! Glad you got the towing for free!

Lori, write down your plan and stick to it. For some reason, having things on paper makes me feel more accountable!

Schmoodle, I'd so give you a snuggle if we were just a tiny bit closer. We'll make it through! What's your countdown? And how did your weigh in go???

Dawn, I'm glad you had a nice memorial at the beach yesterday! That's such a special tradition!

Cyndi, blueberries and slivered almonds are one of my favorite yogurt mix-ins. We also love pureed mango! Makes it taste like ice cream!

Ruth, good luck getting your knee bent! I spent the majority of yesterday in my PJs, too. It was so dreary and blah. But today is bright and sunny and I should go get dressed.

Gonna, enjoy your dinner tonight!

Stephanie, enjoy your daughter's dinner! What a sweetie your husband is to send her flowers!

I'm off to get Connor started on school.

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-14-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Gonna sorry I missed you, hope you have a good day. Saw your post from lastnight and hugs to you. Glad you and your mom can talk it out, wish I had been that lucky when I lost my dad but I was young and dumb (teenager) and thought only of myself.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Stephanie That is so sweet what your dh is doing for your dd - my dad did that for me one year and now looking back at it it was better than any boy ever buying me flowers

Kara I read your post from lastnight about your friend and I'm glad to hear all is looking good I'll keep you and your friends in my thoughts & prayers
I also want to thank you for being away from your dh on valentines day for me. I always try to do a lil something for my cousins wife when ever he is not here to spend Vday with her as he has been to Iraq 3 times (marines) He retires in May and will then go to work with the FBI
Closed Thread