Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Default CALLING all tall girls

just wondered, looking around the site, if there were any tall girls i could contact. i somtimes wonder because im taller, do i hold my weight better? i mean im 192lbs, but know one belives me. (which im not complaining about)
so i was just wondering, if anyone out there is 5ft10 + and trying to lose weight.
everything is so much further away for us too lol. long legs and all.
anyway contact me if u are would be nice to meet some other tall curvy ladies.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #2  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

I am not super tall... but people never believe that I weigh as much as I actually do. I am 5ft 7in.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I've always been told that I never looked like I weighed as much as I did. In fact, people wouldn't believe me when I told them how much I weighed. I get that even now. People think I weigh 140 and not 160.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Being tall can help. Extra weight has more area to be distributed over, so it's not quite as noticeable as someone who is shorter than average.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #5  
Me Want Cookie!

S/C/G: 195/145/155

Height: 6'

Being tall definitely helps...it helped me STAY in denial because my weight distributed itself pretty evenly. But I believe it has also helped me lose weight pretty quickly as well....being 6' tall my metabolism and caloric requirement have to be higher than the average woman right? My final goal weigh-in is on Halloween...if I make it, I will have lost 40lbs in 3 months. Have you found it's helped you at all in that respect?
I will say it does seem to make some things a little more challenging in the gym though.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #6  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

yeh maybe thats true, if i have a very low cal diet, i feel completly exhausted, even if i eat sustainfull wheats and oats rather then just frutie ect.
but when i do diet, it usually goes quick. well somtimes, i do reach a plateau every now and then, which is hard to fight through, need to be harder on myself with the exercise i think. 155lbs will be an impressive goal if i ever got there (if i ever want to) id be very proud, and have lost like 100lbs lol.
being tall i think can be deceptive to the dieter in bad ways....im tall and broad so i just feel like a giant lol, but i think i dont look hugly plump....if that makes sence.
any who, nice to know there are others out there who have similar questions/issues
Old 10-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Even at my highest, no one thought I looked fat. Not only did my height help hide it, but my fashion choices at the time helped also. People are still amazed when I tell them how much I've lost. Of course, I still get the "you don't need to lose any more" comments, but I know my body--they don't.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I agree, people will say, "No way you weigh over 200." Height is deceptive.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #9  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm six feet tall and feel like my proportions have they're advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, when I gain five to ten pounds my clothing size doesn't change. On the other hand, while I'm loosing weight I have to lose 15 pounds before I can get that great feeling of victory from going down a size.

I find that my build confuses other people as well. It's not just that other people don't believe what my actual weight is, they're surprised by my size as well. At 230 I wear a size 18.

Has anyone else noticed that being tall lets you wear a smaller size at a higher weight than average?

Generally, do you know how much weight you lose (or gain) between sizes?

Last edited by Tharmony; 01-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm short...but what i've noticed is that tall girls always look thinner than their actual wt. It is amazing how with a taller body, the fat has more places to distribute. I wish i was taller...not necessarily for the wt issue but so i could stop using step stools LMAO....
Old 01-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8

I'm only 5'8, but people routinely think I weigh less than I do.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

I'm 5'10" and now that I've gone from a size 20 to now being between a 10 and 12 people don't believe me! They say I don't look like a size 12, that I look smaller. I've lost about 85-90lbs so far(I gained a few on vaca during this past week) but it has taken me along time due to former meds and extreme stress, but being tall is a double edge sword. Yes, we look thinner, but it takes us longer(for me anyway) too see the changes physically. I also need to lose 15 pounds before I can go down a size in pants.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/171/150

I am 5'8" with a large frame and I too find that weight fluctuations don't show as much on me. I had a good friend comment to me at the gym that I had "certainly lost all the baby weight." Well, no, actually I am 30 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. So, I guess that is a major advantage to being tall.

To go down a size, I have to lose a fair amount of weight. And even then, I don't expect to ever wear the really small sizes. At my lowest weight ever, I still could only fit into some size 8's--I was usually a 10. I will never fit my shoulders, no matter how slim they are, into a size 4 shirt.

I am in a size 14 now and will be happy to get back into 10's. But my major focus is on getting healthier--I have high blood pressure that really responds to diet and exercise. I don't want it to become a lifelong problem.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #14  
Time to get serious

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm 5'9", my sister is 6'. She has rarely weighed under 200 lbs, but when she does get under 180 she LOOKS thin! And the one time she was around 160 she looked sick. Too thin for her body type. She is broad shouldered. Her goal is and has always been 175.

As for me, people don't comment that I've lost weight (when I have) but they do comment that they didn't realize I was so tall. Getting thinner makes you look taller, I guess.

I too am 30+ lbs post pregnancy, trying to lose it before summer. My little darling just turned 9 months old, so it's time!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 263/246/200

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up

I'm 5'9 and my big problem with weight loss has been "Oh, but you're tall!" - And I am a bigger woman, but I carry my weight well - In fact, my nutritionist point blank said "You're cursed with the fact that you are proportionate and carry your excess weight well!" So while I am heavier than I should be, it works for the way I look - but it's time to shed it for the health!! I'm down 17 pounds but have about 50 more to go.. Luckily she told me she'd be happy to see me at 200, which sounds like a good goal to me

Ohhhh you know what I hate though, about my tall body type? No, not my body, I love my tall body - but I hate jeans!!! Jeans always fit me in the hips, but are too short and then the *** and thighs SAG!!
Closed Thread