Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default It's winter, but I just had a summer thought!

It's winter but I just had a summer thought! It's cold here, it snowed last night and I'm going to bundle up in a sweater and jeans for the day. But my thought, spring/summer is just around the corner! It's the beginning of Feb and we all have what 3 months until we'll wear spring clothes again? In my state, with it being cold a lot of the year it's easy to hide in sweaters and heavy clothes to disguise the fat - I've perfected the blazer for work! But last summer I couldn't wear most of my clothes (harder for me as I gain in my stomach, and that is harder to hide).

Anyways my point is we have two and a half to three months until spring (what is the official first day of spring?), and a few more months until summer. How about this being the year to wear the cute clothes and hang out at pools LESS the miracle suit sucking in fat? Maybe not a bikini but just feeling healthy and in shape? I like summer, it's my favorite season, I remember fondly hanging out at beaches and throwing on shorts and a tee. So here we are in the middle of winter, but I can see SPRING/SUMMER... meaning I can visualize losing the weight, sticking with my plan and having the best spring/summer!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

The idea of summer coming is frightening to me. Don't get me wrong...I know i've lost alot of weight. But the thought of hanging out at the pool this year is almost starting to overwhelm me. I sooooo want to be in shape this year. I really want this to be the year that when i take off my shirt, there is a nice toned body underneathe.I have been dreaming of that for the past 5 years. It's only been the past 2 that i've actively been making progress to get to it. And now we only have about 4 months until "pool" time gets here and I'm just afraid i'm not going to make it. I'm not overly concerned with the number on the scale...just the flab in the suit. I make a number goal because i figure if i get down to a certain number on the scale, certainly there can't be much flab to be hanging out of my suit. True...I could get a one peice...but that's not been my dream. And it really scares me when we have days like today where it reaches 84 degrees. But as far as summer/spring clothes go....bring it on. I'm ready!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #3  
Fat-be-gone

Spring starts March 20th.

I just really started to work out and eat right so I'm dreading the warmer months. But like you Horsey, I can visualize myself working my butt off and feeling great.

Last edited by Rosario; 02-05-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #4  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

I'm excited about this spring/summer! I was just telling my little girl last night that mama is gonna be some much fun this summer! My poor baby's 5 years old and never been to a pool... that sucks! I'm also excited about maybe fitting back into some of my spring/summer clothes. I've pretty much worn sweats all winter. And ya know what I've missed about being thin... just throwing something on. I remember friends calling and saying hey we're going to the park or we're going to the beach... I could just throw on some shorts and a bikini top and that was it. I didn't go nuts trying to figure out what will cover me the most (like skirted swim suits) or just pass it up cuz I felt so bad about myself I couldn't go out and have fun. So, 3 months huh? WE CAN DO THAT!?! We may not be perfect but WE'LL BE BETTER!!!!
project chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172/135

Height: 5'4"

It's already shorts weather down here in central Florida! 85 degrees today. It's a huge motivator for me, since "bathing suit season" starts next month, just about.
Forever42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm in Florida, and as far as I'm concerned, it's bathing suit season now! I got a new bathing suit for my birthday--one that I don't have to pin the straps up on --and I can hardly wait to try it out. It's a 1 piece. As I said on another thread, I wore a 2 piece suit for about 10 minutes in my early 30s when I weighed just under 130. I'm not built for it--never was! But I love my Speedos!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #7  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile We have 70 today and I feel that is way too hot.....

For February, in northern Georgia, this is warmer than it should be. Usually, February is cold(er) and rainy. I like that.

I guess, you Floridians are right where you need to be if you are getting excited about summer clothes and weather.

For the rest of us, I'd like to get a little more use out of some of my wintery clothes...

I am looking forward to getting a tan though, does that count?
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #8  

I spent a few weeks in Calif in Jan, and wore a one piece miracle suit, I'm just not ready for that, felt like a frumpy mom especially since a 50 something was running around in a neon bikini. My bikini days are over but I don't want to have to wear a suit in some poor attempt to suck it in, doesn't everyone KNOW the "look"... black suck it in suit anyways? I remember a woman who looked in her 40s last summer at the beach, she was more fit then the 20 somethings which was very cool - something to aim at! I think this long cold climate contributes to fatter people, do you think people are skinnier in Calif and Florida?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Lately the thought of Spring/Summer is motivating me. I get the clothes catalogs in the mail and I oooh and aww over the outfits in smaller sizes. Let's face it even if they make it in a smaller size some things just don't look good on a bigger body.

My son always ask me if we can go to the beach and I am always saying maybe next year. Now I'm not trying to be in a 2 piece those days are over but I would like to at least be able to go to the closet and pick out anything and put it on without trying on 3-4 outfits trying to see which ones fit this time.

I want to wear sleeveless shirts in confidence!!!

I am really looking forward to thig Spring/Summer because this weight is COMING OFF!!!
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #10  
... fabulous!

I've just returned from a two month jaunt in the South Pacific and now that I'm back in the chilly northeast I can't wait until Spring. I had to purchase new bathing suits for the trip and as much as I loved ordering them in a much smaller size..... I still have lots of work to do.

I just can't wait to go outside without having to wear a full blown parka.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #11  

Wearing a bathing suit in the winter is GOOD, rather then hiding in sweaters. I took a trip in Jan in my miracle suit, oh how I admired the 52 year old woman wearing the rediculous sparkling bikini, she'd lost weight and was loving it. It might not be a bikini for me, but a miracle suit? NO. I'm just thrilled, I can feel quite a difference, the flab is melting away, my tummy is getting more toned. At least I'll be able to wear short sleeve tees without really fat arms unlike last summer! But I want to PUSH IT too, lots of work to go Feb/March.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/157/125

OOH the thought of summer scares me to death right now!! I hope hope hope that i will be able to feel comfortable this summer in a cute tee shirt and skirt..thats my goal.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

I LOVE my Miracle Suit (or at least the Land's End version....) For me, it's just worth it to have the weight off, even if I still need a little help holding everything in place! So, in 6 weeks, while I'm in Jamaica, I will proudly slip into one of my "Miracle Suits" and stroll down the beach, feeling very confident and proud of myself for getting healthier-and not feeling a bit like a frump!
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I have a 2-piece tankini that I bought last summer, I think it was a miracle suit brand but it's super cute. It covers my tummy but it doesn't look as unflattering as a one-piece. My top half is two sizes bigger than by bottom half so I HAVE to wear 2 pieces. This suit in a halter top and makes my boobs look good. I am hoping that this summer the suit will be too big.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #15  

Ok maybe the miracle suits aren't the end of the world, and it's true even if you lose weight you might have to "hold things in place" unless you are doing serious toning and weight training. I'm just steamed because I was one of those tall thin people with a bikini figure, I never dreamed in my 20s I'd be wearing a miracle suit EVER. I might look for a tankini for this summer, my top half even after weight loss is always bigger then my bottom half. There's a science to choosing the right swimsuit. Oh, I wonder how much working out it would take to wear a bikini again, and look good. I'm reading Tosca's books on clean eating and dieting, can you imagine at 50 anyone can look THAT GOOD in a bikini?