South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Praise GOD!

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I have just found out a massive piece of great news and I had to share. I thought if anyone else has been blessed recently, it would be fun to put down in writing the good things going on for us.

You guys know Tom's wrapping up his time in Korea. He is allowed to leave on the 6th of March but is staying until the 9th because he has to stop in California en route to New Jersey to co-ordinate the movers picking up all of our junk from our storage unit out there (that's where we were stationed before he left for Korea - the kids and I are here in Jersey because all of our family is here). A couple days ago he got an e-mail from his new boss saying he's going to have to attend two five week classes in Florida before he can start work in Germany and they need him to extend in Korea until May, when the class starts. Gulp. He actually got this e-mail the day we left Korea. I tried not to get upset, thinking it would all work out somehow. Well, the people in Korea told him he can't do that because of their manning issues so he'd have to move us all to Germany and then turn around a couple weeks later and come back to the States for two and a half months, leaving us in Germany. Also not the best option. Trying again to think positively. It's not going to help the situation if I start freaking out.

Today I got an e-mail from him saying there's a spot that opened up in the class on the SAME DAY we were planning on leaving for Germany, which means that the kids and I can STAY in Jersey with family while he goes to Florida, and then when he's done the class we can all go over to Germany together. AND what's even better is that he'll still stop in California en route to Jersey and ship our stuff, so it'll be waiting for us when we get there instead of us having to piddle around for two months without any of our things!

UNbelievable!

I am such a happy camper right now!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh my goodness I just realized that I didn't bring any spring clothes for me or the kids back with us! I left them all in Korea to be packed and moved to Germany. Looks like we'll be hitting the thrift stores something fierce!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Oh that must be such a relief!!! I think I would have freaked out by now just from the worrying.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #4  
I'm not fat I'm fluffy!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Kara,
Congrats. I did 10 years in the Army with DH and 3 kiddees and you were turly blessed on this one. I pray eveything works out as planned. Best of luck.
Angie
i ate my skinny me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #5  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Kara! The Lord works in mysterious ways. Good Luck in Deutchland. I'll wave as you fly over! xo
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The Lord does work in mysterious ways! That's great news, Kara. I'm happy that everything is turning out perfectly for you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kara that's great news!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

That's great news Kara! My biggest fear is that they are going to tell us that there isn't any housing available in Germany and we have to wait here in Ga for housing to become available. I've heard that they pull that on a lot of people since they passed that law that only allows single E7's+ and O's to live on the economy. When we first got to GA they sent DH off to NCODP 3 weeks after we arrived. I had no car, no HHG and no DH. On top of that I hadn't even been off-base.lol But thank God for small favors.

Our move is going along well. All the paperwork and passports are in order. Best of all, DH will be home in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking about getting my immunizations up to date just in case.(paranoia)lol You never know in foreign countries. Hope you're enjoying your time with the fam in Jersey. Germany will be here before you know it.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Great News! and BEG, I hope it goes smoothly for you as well!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

That's great news Kara!

Jenny, I love your new avatar!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara God is good! I am glad everything is working out for you. I would also like to thank you & your family for what you go through for our country and my family.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/185.5/135

Height: 5'1

Im so happy for you Kara! God always has a plan even if we cant see it!
missinmysoldier78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #13  

I am so excited and jealous for you at the same time. LOL I loved Germany and would happily go back. Want company? LOL We lived on post and most bases have temporary housing. When we went we had 300 plus soliders go with us at the same time (awhole squadron moved together to a tiny post in germany) Noone had to stay behind in the states. Alot of people were in temporary housing. We left Germany 3 yrs ago and I know lots of E6 and belows that lived off post. I know a few that still do.

Everything will work out for you.

Tammie
tammie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm SOOOO happy for you, Kara! I know how scary and frustrating that kind of stuff can be! You know what they say about the "best-laid plans of mice and men..." This is one of those moments my friend Caty calls "Yay, God!" moments! A big Yay, God! for your whole family!

Good luck to BrownEyed!

Jenny, your avatar is phenomenal! You're gorgeous!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #15  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Hey thanks Laurie! I do my best with what I got
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote