Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default New Here - Have a ? re: daily menus

Hi all - I'm new to your forum. Restarting my LAWL program after being off-plan for a little more than a year. My center offered a free restart that I couldn't resist...

Today marks my first week back, and a phenomenal first week it has been - 9 pounds lost!!

When I went to the center today the counselor told me to start following one of the "suggested daily menu options" from page 3 in my monthly diary - where it tells you suggestions for how to distribute your servings across the day. She actually made me choose one of the three, and told me to follow it "for the next few weeks". I'm confused. I'm getting all of my servings in - only missed a couple of things on one day last week - and as I said I'm losing great. So, why do they care how I distribute my food across the day?

Sounds like a recipe for boredom to me. Won't that make it hard to incorporate variety?

I'm wondering - do you distribute your food servings across each day the same way, or do you mix it up each day just making sure you get it all in?

Thanks!
LeighAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hmmm, sounds to me like an easier way for them to check your diary. I mix it up, depending on what is going on that day. Welcome!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

It depends.... I know you should get some protein in in the morning and not have starch after a certain time of day... same with fruits. I think it could be helpful to know exactly when you need to get your food in, so there is no question of when you were supposed to have it or trying to cram things in at the end of the day.

HOWEVER, who is going to do that??? Planning meals is hard enough without thinking about all of that. I can see the point, but I can also see how hard it would be. Unless you are a really organized, structured person who is naturally this way.

Just make sure you're always getting all of your food in and switching things up. Good luck and welcome!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

i mostly do things the same everyday with few exceptions but i definitely have a variety. I would usually have a P, 2V & 1S for lunch and the same for dinner & most times its 1/2P & S for breakfast so its mostly the same but i do have variations some times. I dont know why they would make you do that tho.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #5  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

My opinion is that sounds like crap. The menus are suggestions, not "must do's". DO IT YOUR WAY - you have to make this a plan liveable for you! How you combine your foods has no effect on how you lose weight. You will lose weight by getting all the food you should in each day. It is common sense to spread your food out throughout the day. You don't want to starve all day and eat all night to get everything in.
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #6  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

I just want to be clear...I don't think anyone's posts are crap. I think the fact that your counselor said you had to pick one of their menus is crap.
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Hi LeighAnn,

What plan are you on? Congrats on your 9 pouds loss! It is amazing!
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for your replies. I believe you confirmed what I already thought - that what I'm doing is fine (mixing it up every day, making sure I get everything in) and I can feel free to ignore that counselor's advice.

Floprieto - They're got me on Plan 3 w/Lites. I'm waiting and watching to see how things go now that the first week is behind me. Looks like you and I have similar stats - I'm 5'7", currently 195.8 (morning weight @ home). What plan are you on?

Again, thank you all. What a great support system you have going here!!
LeighAnn is offline   Reply With Quote