Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Officially changing my goal!

Ok folks, this is it. I've mentioned it several times but I've really done it now.
I said when I joined back in late October that I was going to set my goal for 135 because it was what I weighed in high school and I was very happy there, but I might re-evaluate after some time and change my mind.
well.. I've changed my mind.
I am far more fit and muscular than I was back then, and just don't think that I would look healthy at 135 anymore. I have wide shoulders and a large frame, not to mention I am only inches away from my high school measurements!
So i'm aiming for 150. At 150 I will I have more than likely reached my "size" goal of a size 6, which even with today's vanity sizing is considerably smaller than I ever was in high school and I think I will be happy there - any smaller and I do think I will look rather disproportionate.
Annnd... at 150 I will have lost 100 lbs even, which is something that amazes me. It took me 3 years to take and keep off the first 50lbs, but thanks to the support and ideas here only 4 months to lose the next 20!
I'm going to up my exercise and add outdoor activity as soon as it gets a little freaking warmer out (I was aiming for feb 1 but with it being -7 with the windchill yesterday going outside hasn't happened TOO MUCH in the last week and a half. I did get outside a little on the warmer days but i would love to be more consistent) and i'm going aim for that 6 by summer!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  
No description available.

Sounds like a GREAT plan! Congrats on your incredible success so far!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Great thing about this site.....there are no rules. You are the only one who knows how you feel and look. Congratulations on what you hve done so far.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Karmuz brings up an excellent point.

You just never know what your final circumstances will be. Lots of folks look and feel wonderful at a higher weight than they thought they would. Some folks get to goal and feel a few more pounds would be better.

This is a journey of surprises, lessons to be learned as we travel along.

Good job on monitoring your progress and adjusting your mindset as you go!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sounds EXCELLENT to me!!! When you are at the "right" weight, you'll know it, you'll feel it. And that has nothing to do with BMI charts, high school weights and the such. You're a whole different person now. Yay for exercise!!

Congratulations on all of your incredible success thus far.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Sounds EXCELLENT to me!!! When you are at the "right" weight, you'll know it, you'll feel it. And that has nothing to do with BMI charts, high school weights and the such. You're a whole different person now. Yay for exercise!!

Congratulations on all of your incredible success thus far.
thank you everyone!!

and Robin, you are exactly right. i'm a person with a half a set of abs now (just the top half though, lol!.. i can't believe that "line" I have though - i never had THAT in high school and i thought i was active and fit then!) and no more jiggly bottom! The NIH can take thier BMI charts and toss 'em for all I care - they say i'm obese, but i say obese THIS!
and it's not just the weight, either..
I am HEALTHIER.
my skin is much clearer (i used to have horrible acne)
my hair is longer, stronger and healthier. my fingernails don't break anymore (though i still do bite them )
my cholesterol has gone down from a place where my doctors wanted to medicate me (at 22!) to the high-healthy range.
i have TONS of energy (too bad i waste it all at work!)
..overall i just feel awesome almost all of the time, which is a feeling i haven't had in years, even when i was taking off the first 50.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuz View Post
thank you everyone!!

and Robin, you are exactly right. i'm a person with a half a set of abs now (just the top half though, lol!.. i can't believe that "line" I have though - i never had THAT in high school and i thought i was active and fit then!) and no more jiggly bottom! The NIH can take thier BMI charts and toss 'em for all I care - they say i'm obese, but i say obese THIS!
and it's not just the weight, either..
I am HEALTHIER.
my skin is much clearer (i used to have horrible acne)
my hair is longer, stronger and healthier. my fingernails don't break anymore (though i still do bite them )
my cholesterol has gone down from a place where my doctors wanted to medicate me (at 22!) to the high-healthy range.
i have TONS of energy (too bad i waste it all at work!)
..overall i just feel awesome almost all of the time, which is a feeling i haven't had in years, even when i was taking off the first 50.
This all sounds so incredibly AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you. You have really showed us all just how worth it this journey really is.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Sounds awesome All the best of success to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

That's awesome.

Only YOU can really know what your happy weight is...so glad you seem to have found it! That's awesome!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote