Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #1  
Gotta loose baby weight

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Baby weight, anyone?

I think my story may be somewhat typical. I started thin, met my husband, went to school (gained a little weight), got pregnant (gained a lot of weight). Now I'm stuck trying to loose the baby weight and the school weight. The baby is 8 months old today, and I haven't lost any weight in 6 months.

My husband is a fast food junky!!! And he is not very supportive of my weight loss efforts. So I must find support other places. Please share any experiences you have, and if I find anything that actually works to take the weight off, I'll share also.
sarah1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #2  
Weight Watcher

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'6"

Default getting rid of baby weight

are you nursing? I found it impossible to curb my voracious appetite while I was pregnant or nursing. My OB said it can take up to 6 months post nursing to have your body's hormone levels to go back to normal.
HiHoHiHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #3  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Breastfeeding burns major calories if you are doing that. It was really hard those first few months with our little one and we ended up eating out A LOT. It got so bad that the local chinese place just suggested that we buy their party platters and keep leftovers in the fridge for the next days. It worked for us, it saved us money and they had to deliver to us less...LOL! The thing that really helped me was all the friends and family coming over with home cooked food. You can ask this of close family members when they come to see the baby. Time was always a problem since it was all spent either taking care of the baby or trying to sleep, so buying huge bags of veggies from costco already prepared was a big help. Also things like a slow cooker can really help, just throw food in and it cooks itself. You can make stews, soups, chilis, baked beans...even a cake in this thing. Also the lingering smell of food in the house might prevent your hubby from wanting to get the fast food so often. And there's nothing to stop you from having the fast food with your husband, there are lots of healthier options these days that can still fit into your program. You'll find lots of support here, just keep posting!
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
Gotta loose baby weight

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5'0"

Thanks!! I am nursing, and hungry all of the time. Thanks for all of the encouragement!
sarah1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: tbt/tbt/58kg - 128lbs

Height: 166cm - 5'5,5"

oh yes, add me to the club. i'm not sure exactly how much baby weight i have, but i will step on the scale tomorrow first thing to know (at least 10kg - 22lbs, and likely a chunck more). i too have a husband who loves junk (loves chocolate actually... sigh), but i'll just have to leave him behind on this, as i'm determined to be back in shape before the summer. i'm also nursing, but i'm not sure for how long i will continue. i know with my first and second children, the weight came off quickly (for me) once i stopped nursing. i know lots of people lose quickly while nursing, but that just isn't the case with me - unfortunately! well... so that's my story... oh, and what are you doing to lose the weight? will you start a specific diet or do any exercising? i hope to get myself motivated to get on a treadmill or stationary bike... but i just haven't put that into motion yet. Cutting calories and upping water intake are about all i say of my plan. thanks for starting this thread!
naxiroina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/237/175

I just had a baby girl on 12/5/07!!!
Margaritachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #7  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

I had my 2nd child May 9th, 2006 and I'm still trying to loose this baby fat!!! Ahhhhhhhhh
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisarae View Post
I had my 2nd child May 9th, 2006 and I'm still trying to loose this baby fat!!! Ahhhhhhhhh

Amen to that!!! I had 2 c-sections and I know that my tummy is a hopeless mess. I really want to shake this weight before my baby starts kindergarden.
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #9  

Same boat
First baby, I lost all the weight, second baby, different story. It's been almost a year and still have 15lbs to go. Urgh
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #10  

and the loose jello belly is the worst
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #11  
future USMC wife!!!

S/C/G: 155/153/140

Height: 5'7"

ME Me Me!!!!! I've got baby weight to lose!! Braelynn is 16 months old, and just stopped nursing, and I did see a huge decrease in my appetite. I've got 15 pounds to go till I'm back at my pre-Braelynn weight.
DH is away at bootcamp, and I'm soooooooooooo going to lose these 15lbs and suprise him at graduation the end of May!!
We are going to start trying for #2 in the fall, and I want to be in awesoem shape so that I can workout more while I'm pregnant this time.
aTrendyTotsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/163/cw188/125

Height: 5'' 6'

hi! can i join too! i added almost 50 lb during my pregnancy.. already lost 26lbs but still need to lose at least 40lb to get to my dream weight!!
at one stage -while nursing - i lost more than this but i got half of what i lost back after i stopped nursing and due to fast diets - which now i can say don't have long lasting results!! my husband and i want to try for another baby but i always tell him to wait till i lose my weight...
i really need support! and hope i can give good support to all..

Last edited by Palms; 03-18-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #13  
future USMC wife!!!

OK, we have got to keep this thread active, so What are you eating today, and what are you doing for excersise today???

I had a Diet coke for breakfast (shame on me! but I'm being honest!) a few slices of cheese and wheat ritz crackers for a snack (once again...I could have done better), and chicken, shrimp, and veggie stirfry for lunch. I'm about to go take a nape with Braelynn, then we are going to headup to the gym an hour before the nursery opens so I can workout. Braelynn gets to play behind the frount desk with the little highschool girl, she loves it and I get to workout on days when I work a double. (I help run the gym nursey, and we just had a girl quit, so I'm working the morning shift,a nd the evening shift on somedays)
Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #14  
future USMC wife!!!

anyone have good workout ideas with kids??? Braelynn loves to dance, and she makes me do the dance workout video with her as offten as I will. And my 5 year old brother-in-law plays soccer, so I will go pick him up a few days a week and go to the soccer field and kick balls with him. It's great cardio, because he's nto very good, so I'm doing alot of sprinting after the ball!

I'd love to hear other sugestions too!! Maybe more indoor suggestions...the pollen is getting bad here and Braleynn and I both have awefull allergies. =P
Old 03-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/163/cw188/125

Height: 5'' 6'

what great tips aTrendyTotsMom!! i liked the way you take chance to workout! does this mean you work in a gym?

for me i'm currently on dostinex and i've read it can cause weight gain!! though when i asked my doctor she said it only causes swelling that goes once u stop this medicine, though i read in the net in many sites that it might truly put on some weight!! it is really bothersome!!! and the worst thing is that no one believes me when i say it is b/c of the medicine!!
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote