Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #37

to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Sassy post from #36

Hey Gurls.

What a very very cold night/morning whatever it is!!! Its only 11 degrees here and they say with the windchill it feels more like 3 degrees!!! Schools were closing already at 11 pm!!! And our heat is acting up again. I don't know if its because it is so cold or what, but I am definitely going to have DH call the apt. office in the morning. I have the emergency heat on now.

Just had a conversation with DH on the phone about losing weight, seriously this time.........and he's all for it. Not sure how he wants to do it, Calorie Counting, WW's, or what, but he said he'd do it along with me.

I have a goal now, its kind of a high one too. Not sure if its even doable. See what you ladies think. I want to lose 100 lbs by the end of September, on our 10 yr Anniversary. Do you think it is possible if I really really really get serious? Be honest, I know I haven't done well at all in the past, but I am serious now. I think it was my last adventure with my back that did it. I am not doing it now for looks, I am doing it for my health and to live longer. I don't want to end up in a wheelchair in my 30's if I can help it.

So that is my plan. DH does the grocery shopping so he said he will stop buying the crap. He said we can have 1 small treat a week. I wanted 1 meal a week, but he said one treat is better..........So we'll have to work out the details.

I just feel awful that I have done this to myself. It totally disgusts me. I feel like a drug addict, only with food. There is an article in one of my magazines about emotional eating and it says that you need to discover why it is you eat emotionally so you can move on and deal with it in a different way. I haven't read it all completely yet, but that is the gist of it. I agree. I think, no I know my eating started out of boredom. I won't go into all the details, but I know that is where it all began, when I was a kid and I think I still do it to this day and its gotta stop.

I can substitute it for exercise or something else. Maybe take a class or something.

Anywho, that is that.

Oh DH said going into work tonight he saw our boss pulled over by a cop in the parking lot next to our co. Come to find out he was in a car accident (he is ok) and it MAY be his fault, we aren't 100% sure on that part yet.

Well that is about all for me.

Susan -- that is how I feel about my cat too, he is my companion, don't know what I do without the little bugger. lol. I talk to him all the time too. lol.

I hope you all are doing well!!

Sassy Post from #36

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-11-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Mindee post from #36

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. we "rented" SC3 off of On Demand on Sunday. The boys were really into it while they were watching it with daddy. I was putting their new dresser together. I sat down and watched it a little bit ago, and I thought it was cute.

As far as Brandon's evaluation, I was hoping for better results, but I just want to know what is the cause of his lack of speech. He was doing so well, and then we hit a bump in the road and he got derailed.

sorry for cutting this short, but I am trying to get through my email. get a couple of emails sent, read, and then off to bed! it has been really cold outside (last I saw it was 0 degrees), so our furnace is trying to keep up with the coldness.....but a little bit ago I noticed that the Filter button is flashing, so we need yet another new filter! (this is the third one so far this winter)

Jules~ That sounds like a really nice looking tattoo! Tommy is already talking about putting flames around his to form an armband. (so we won't have matching tattoos per say, but they will be close)

SuzieQ~ That is actually my third tattoo! I have a couple others that I want to get. One for sure is a matching tattoo with two of my best friends. (they hooked me and Tommy up along with my mom) What is it that they found with Gab? We were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition on Sunday night, and Brandon was really getting in to it. He was making the motions and some sounds for what he wanted to get across. So.....I am going to talk to Early On again to see where we can go from here.

Sassy~ LMAO! Some people out there are meant to be weasels.....and some of them tend to be boss'! How are things going for you today?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Sassy - I think the weight loss would be so much easier with your husband doing it with you. My ex husband never was supportive when I lost weight, which made me more determined but still - you want the man to at least be a cheerleader. I lost 110 from Feb to Sept one time, so it is doable. I wouldn't recommended it though. The next time I lost the same amount of weight was 17 months.
I am not the best at math but that is 16 pounds a month? Divide by 4 weeks, carry the damn one (can I say damn??) .............hmm, 4 pounds a week??? *sigh. Personally I wouldn't try that much weight , I like the one to 2 pounds a week. It is up to you sweetie,your body is a lot younger. We'll be here to cheer you on whatever you decide

Mindee- I love Extreme Makeover. They checked a lot of things with Gab. What made the most logical sense was her mouth wasn't fully developed, but that wasn't the case when they checked her out. I think it was determined that she is just slow to develop, she really didn't talk to almost 3 years old. She would point a lot and when she tried to talk you couldn't understand her, I would have to guess and she would nod.

I had a slime fast and bagel for breakfast. I feel bloated and TOM is rearing his ugly head. Oh Joy.

I better run! I have tons to do today , being Monday and all.

chat at you later!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Did ya miss me?

SASSY...ditto what Susan said. You might have a couple of big losses in the beginning because I've seen it at WW meetings...the ladies/men would lose 10-12 pounds their first week-V lost 10 the first time, yikes! But after that it's good to lose 1-2 pounds a week. It's just better to take it off slowly, jmho. It sounds like you guys are having the same weather as us. WE woke up to an ice storm this morning...very weird. It was nice Saturday and then Sunday 36 degrees...today, not even 27 and the ice, ugh!

SUSAN...yay to being at 166! You're doing good missy...just stay away from the cheesebread, lol! What a sweetie McD is. So what movie did you guys try to watch in between making out, lol?

JULES...I saw your new pictures...Little Nick is soooo freakin cute! I especially love the one in the little green outfit...so adorable. Like your tats too! I had mine up there for a while so Mindee and Francie could see them...might repost them...not even sure Francie saw them. Anyway...the "prise" was a votive candle holder and three candles from the kids and a picture/card of Cambrie. It is so cute! She is in a heart...don't even know how to describe it...may post it tomorrow. On good reads I am under my name but maybe try GivingThanks04 too. I've not been there in a few days and need to. The movie was good...just like the book for once. It was a little slow, or to me at times but I liked it. There were funny parts but it was sad to me because I know how it ended.

MINDEE...how was your trip to see your momma? Did you like the ride in the van? Like the tats!

HIYA SUE, FRANCIE, and KATY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Feeling a little better. But this cold is definitely hanging on. Just found out that Cambrie has pneumonia and strep throat...gotta find out more about that because we were around her. Seems like we all got sick after the trip to Chuck E. Cheese.

Exercise is going well, well, I haven't done any today but plan on getting somethind done as soon as I get off here. I was a little disappointed with my WI on Saturday...was hoping for at least two pounds. But I will take the pound I lost. 1/2 way to my third 10 pound goal, woohoo! Can't believe it...still don't feel any different, lol. But, had errands to run this morning and overslept otherwise I would have done 1/2 my exercise before I left...really need to quit staying up so late.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!!

Sorry that I've been MIA. This site doesnt load right on my labtop, and this is the first time its loaded all the way. Nothing new to report though. We cleaned the bedroom on sunday, and now I'm doing the laundry. Even though, I just wanna be laying in bed and not moving. I think I pulled a muscle cleaning, lol. Dh's is gonna be 24 on thursday!!! So thats about all.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Francie--Happy bday to hubby--my son will be 23 in April and daughter a big 21 in June.

Cristina--sounds like you are having fun with those little ones and they seem to be falling in love with you!! I will look for you on good reads. I got some books at the library but with the baby here am just starting to read the first. I did look at a cookbook--Ultimate Soup. I have been looking for a Chicken Tortilla soup recipie. If you are still feelin gsluggish I think you should go and get a strep test done. I told the girls at work that they should get checked out. Two of them have got the same thing again. I reminded them that I needed an antibiotic to get rid of it and am hoping it will keep me from getting it back again. Dominic is such a cutie if I do say so myself!! Post your tats again so I can see!! You are doing so awesome with the exercise and weightloss!!

SuzyQ--on no that means tom will be coming my way to-I think we all complain about it at the same time!! Our friends boy Jeremiah had to have a little bit of the "piece" that connects his tongue and the bottom of his mouth cause he wasn't talking and when he did had some trouble saying some words. He does talk--he's just a really quiet kid--his sister more than makes up for it--she talks ALL the time!!

Mindee--hubby has ALOT of tats. Teri & Ry both have some too. Teri has an eclipse one that matches her Dad's in the very same spot on her upper arm and Ry & Jerry have the same "canadian green maple leaf" design on their chests.

Sassy-it can be done--just make sure you don't hurt yourseldf or get frustrated. I need to get motivated myself. I am not losing but not gaining either. Teri wants to start walking and she is going to spend weekends here with us for awhile so we will be hitting the steep driveway!!

Katy & Sue--hi to both of you!!

Teri went back to work today. She will officially be the head stock room supervisor and was told that she should get $12.50 an hour. She was reallly tired today and hated leaving Dominic. They are real good about letting her pump since she wants to keep him on breast milk as long as she can. Great grandme had fun with the little man today. Between her, me & Becky he should be covered and not have to go to a daycare yet. It looks like Dave could get a year for the DUI/drinking violation of probation. The court date is the 25th. I have mixed feelings. He can't keep a job and the drinking is a big problem along with his control issue but he does help her out with the baby and for some reason she is in love with the boy. Ry got called in to work for a catered birthday party--he said he should get really good tips.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~I'm on goodreads too!! I'm reading My Sister's Keeper right now Its bringing up a ton of emotions for me. But its a very good book!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hey Chicks.

Hi Ladies.

Well the Winter Storm is on her way!!! I hope I don't get stuck here!!! (work) DH said he'd come and pick me up (he drove me in) They are putting people up in hotels, but I cannot sleep in strange beds and with me working 13/14 hour shifts, sleep is a necessaity!!! But if I have too, I guess I have too.

News on our Boss and his car: He SAYS that it was the other person's fault. I don't buy it though. Where the accident occured, he had to stop, there is a stop sign there and the cross traffic does not have to stop. So I don't see how it was her fault. Plus he said it was on his front left side, so there is no way that could have happened from the other direction, she had to be coming down the st. that does not have to stop. So I say it had to be his fault and he just doesn't want to "fess up" to it. He says that he has major damage and his car is like his "baby", its a BMW, so its going to be very pricey to get fixed. So we'll have to see.......Of course he asked me about my FMLA papers, told him, the dr. still has the papers, he has been very busy with this major flu outbreak or whatever it is.

Mindee -- Definitely!! lol

Susan -- Yup you got the math right, I figured that myself. lol. I know it would difficult and all, but I just really really want to lose it by then. I guess what I can do is set my goal for 50 and if I happen to lose more (which I hope!!!) then that will just be a +. You know what makes me sick though? How easy a lot of men have with losing weight. There was this guy on a food tv show, about this Salad place, he said since he began eating lunch there, he has lost 25 lbs in 25 days!!! I am like holy moly!! It would take me an eternity to lose that much!!! lol.

Cristina -- I am thinking about doing a combo of WW and Calorie Counting? But with WW's you really don't have to count calories, right? That point system thing gets me confused. lol. When I did well, I wrote every single thing I ate and drank down, so I need to start that again for sure. Your doing great with your weightloss. A true inspiration.

Hi Francie!!!

Jules -- TY. I want to at least try to lose as much as possible, even if its not quite 100 lbs, anything is better than nothing at all. When we lived in Upstate NY, we lived across the st from a trail that had an extremely steep hill. It took me forever before I was able to get to the top of it without stopping several times. Eventually I was able to go all the way through and what an amazing feeling that was. I miss that place, we lived next door to a cemetary and it was the best place to go walking!!! I would walk 2 x's a day!!! to both Teri and Ry. Maybe the time in jail will make Dave "wake-up". Glad he helps her out with the baby.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new here....haven't heard anything yet from the secretary...so hopefully soon!

SuzieQ~ That sounds just like Brandon! He will say some words, but he becomes shy in front of people. He does the same thing.....he will try and tell me what he wants, but if he gets mad then he starts to point OR he will run away and get mad. He does point for some things. My mom told me that when I was younger....being the baby of five, I didn't have to talk, I had four older sisters and my parents. All I had to do was point and they would get me what I wanted. I will have to ask my mom if I was a late talker, and how old I was when I started talking.

Cristina~ Our trip was a lot of fun! The van was doing a lot of sputtering/missing. But Tommy was thinking that it was because the previous owner didn't do the upkeep on it. (it is running smoothly now....so driving it up there cleaned out the carbon in it) we ended up going into town with my dad. (and by we, I mean me, Tommy and Marissa....the boys stayed and played with one of my brothers) The only thing about going up there though.....we generally have to "retrain" the boys after being around the younger brother that they were playing with. Brandon has had a major issue with not wanting to listen and he wants to do what he wants to do.....oh and he gets really pushy. So, we are working on that again. Logan seems to have chilled out and gone back to himself. Although......we bought them bigger pillows for their beds (which Logan requested) and he still prefers this little pillow that my MIL made him for Christmas. I can put him to bed with the big pillow under his head and if I check on him before I got to bed, the big pillow is on the floor and he is either using the smaller pillow or he isn't using a pillow at all.

Francie~ It is good to hear from you!

Jules~ Brandon kept trying to go back and watch Tommy getting his tattoo done, but the places policy allows no children. So, he was getting mad that he couldn't watch.....BUT Tommy did ask him if when he got bigger if he was going to get a tattoo and he said yes. Tommy told him that if when he got bigger, that he still wanted one, then Tommy would take him to get it done. Dave goes to court the same day that we go to court for the ticket on the accident. You know, from the sounds of it, it sounds like this is just what Dave needs to whip his butt into shape. It will help to sober him up while he is in there....so maybe he will realize how much he really doesn't need to be drinking.

Sassy~ That sounds like the lady that hit us! hmmmmm.....I wonder if they are related!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 02-12-2008 at 01:03 AM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JULES...I am thinking about going to the doc, me and daughter. Cambrie, the little girl went to the emergency room and had pneumonia and strep so wondering if that is what we and daughter have as well. All I want to do is sleep! And yes, Dominico is adorable...you are a lucky grandma! I was just at myspace and will go back and post the tats, and leave them this time, lol. Good news for Teri...but sorry to hear about Dave, that sux. Hugs to Teri, I can only imagine how she is feeling.

SASSY...thanks missy! You don't count calories with WW and you know, once you get the foods that you eat on a regular basis, the points counting is not that big of a deal. You kind of memorize it all. It really is simple and it works!

MINDEE...glad you guys had a nice drive and visit at your parents.

FRANCIE...hiya stranger! A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your HUBBY Thursday! Any special plans?

SUSAN...what's up missy? I come back and you dissapear, lol!

HIYA KATY, & SUE!

I don't know what I do to deserve it but I have to say I have the best hubby in the world! He left my v-day gift on the counter this morning and made me cry. It wasn't the stuff in the bag except for the letter in the card. He had a guy at work put a song on a CD for me and told me to listen to the words because that is how he feels everyday, awww! Honestly, I don't deserve the man. He didn't think I knew the song because I don't listen to country music as often as I used to...it's the song Amazed by Lonestar I know, corny. We are going to Olive Garden for dinner...never go out on V-Day, too many people. Anyway...getting ready to get my exercise done.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Love ya's!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Cristina - I missed you I know we are close in age but I feel lost without you when you don't post. You are kind of like my security blankie. lol Sorry about little Cambrie being under the weather, hope she is well soon. What was the *prise*? McD and I watched (I think) Mr Woodcock (??) w/ Billy Bob and Susan Sarandon. I love Sarandon, she is so pretty.

Francie
- Looking forward to hearing more from you!! I have My Sisters Keeper on hold at the library, can't wait to read it.

Sassy
- I think it is the bosses fault too!! lol I was reading an article in the Poeple mag on weight loss and how men lose it faster. I forget why though, in the hormones or some dang thing. No fair. I love your avatars!!

Mindee- Gab never got mad, she just pointed or I guessed real good at what she wanted. lol I also noticed I talked baby talk w/ her and maybe she picked that up while growing up?? Who knows. She is in speech now at school 3x a week, see if that helps.

Katy
- Swim night?? I finally got Gab registered for Seals again so I am happ , I guess......I hope she gets a good teacher tonight.

Jules - Hugs to Teri, it must be hard to leave the baby for work. With TOM I get bad backaches, so any day now....grrrrrr. I want to start walking too, with the weather turning spring like it kind of motivates me......

anyway....

I better run......I think I can get to 165 by Friday, close now, so fingers crossed. I also put on some jeans that were too tight at 171, today they went right on - yeah. I have a lot of smaller summer clothes, I should get them out and stare at them for motivation....haha.

tata...bbl...

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-12-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

awww Cristina!! You posted at the same time. Very sorry about Cambrie, will say prayers for you all.
Sweet hubby, but you deserve that, you deserve the best... I love Olive Garden,,,,I might take the girls to Izzys for Gab's birthday this weekend, just us girls.

anyway - hugs to you!!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~We're out for breakfast at midnight. It'll be the first time we get to eat breakfast together during a weekday, lol. Then this weekend, we're going to Seattle to see "Jumper" and maybe get some fudge..lol.

Susie~I finished My Sister's Keeper last night and omg I cried sooooooo hard during the whole book, lol. I loved it!! I cannot wait to read more f her books. I'm reading Back in the Bedroom now.

Okay, I'm gonna go and find something for lunch...have a nice day ladies!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just enjoying the snow as it falls. just not liking having to shovel it.....but hey, what can you do? I did our side walk, the side walk by where Tommy parks the van, and the side walk going to the stairs. By the time I got done with all three of them, I walked back towards the door and had to shovel the side walk leading to the door again! I am done with shoveling for now....I won't shovel again until after the guys that normally take care of it have done their job. (I never like the way they shovel it anyways)

Cristina~ Amazed is mine and Tommy's song! So, I know what you are feeling! that song actually came out around the time that me and Tommy started dating, and I knew just by listening to the song with him that it was how I felt before we even started dating!

SuzieQ~ The program that Brandon would get into is a head start program, but they would do speech with him. The lady didn't explain about how the program at the elementary school near us would do it, but she explained to us how she does it. I felt very comfortable with the way that she does things, so I am hoping that the school near us does their program the same way.

Francie~ How are you doing?

every body else.....how are you all doing?
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote