Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  
Fighting to be free

Thumbs down Goodbye to the drug 'Xenical' !!

Well, it was just too good to be true! I've been on Xenical for just over a week and all was great. No really bad side effects but today I have had the most awful stomach pain and really bad 'running to the loo' I've been at work all day and its been a constant worry that I might not make the toilet in time!!

The problem is I have not eaten anything different, I've been eating my low fat diet now and really enjoying it but today was just awful, I also had really bad headaches.

I've decided that I can do this without Xenical. I work a really difficult full time job and just cannot have this worry again. I will lose weight without it and the pain in my stomach right now is enough to never take another blue pill again!

I wanted to do my treadmill tonight but cant because I feel so sick, so I shall just ride it out and hopefully tomorrow my life will be back to normal.
lillypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

A few years back my mom did Xenical. She has stomach cramps all the time...and "running to the loo". IF she made it to the loo on time!!! Sometimes she wouldn't even know. Risking a TMI moment here but...She had just got new furniture, a light beige chair. We were watching TV and she got up to get some water...she had a large oily pumpkin orange stain on her chair. Her experience made me decide not to try it.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #3  
Fighting to be free

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
A few years back my mom did Xenical. She has stomach cramps all the time...and "running to the loo". IF she made it to the loo on time!!! Sometimes she wouldn't even know. Risking a TMI moment here but...She had just got new furniture, a light beige chair. We were watching TV and she got up to get some water...she had a large oily pumpkin orange stain on her chair. Her experience made me decide not to try it.
omg that is so bad well, today at work was the 1st and last day that I will ever take the stuff. I was willing to give it a go but I felt so terrible and my manager was sitting right next to me. I had such terrible stomach cramps but that, I could deal with, it was like what happened to your Mum, that was my worry! Thankfully I left early and it didnt happen. I've had my tea tonight and still bad tummy pains but the stuff has got to get out of my system sooner or later!
lillypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

When I first started my new eating plan, I took Alli, which is the same thing. I lasted about 10 days before giving it up. It gave me headaches and I had the bathroom issues, plus I could never quite eat exactly the right amount of fat. I realized that for me, counting calories and exercising was the best way to go, sans medication.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Sorry it hasn't worked for you Lillypop, as you know my experiences are different. However I don't think its necessary for me to take the Xenical to lose weight, I've done it many times before without. What it does for me is make me accountable to myself and has helped me get the weight off faster than I would have done before on 1400-1500 calories.

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 02-13-2008 at 04:32 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  

Losing weight faster is not necessarily a benefit - I see you said you have lost weight many times before. When we lose weight slower we have time to develop new eating habits that will last a lifetime and we don't yo-yo (which is very bad).
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote