Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 03:50 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Page Two is Annoying

I don't like Page Two----It is so cold and rainly and windy today that even the greehouse is freezing----We have all the shelves filled and now are adding more shelves!!! I will take a picture when it's full and things are growing! Thank you all for your compliments!!I sent my friends to look at Kiwi's captions which they loved!Lush sent me a note and said she is well but is not hanging off her computer anymore-----she's probably skinny like Wabby---did anyone see Flylady in Woman's DAy---there is an entire article about her and a picture too!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 05:22 PM   #2  

Default Flylady schmylady

This just goes to show you that magazines are starving for stories. I think they should have an article about WLB's - women who hang out on the internet for years under the guise of losing weight, only to have all gained several pounds since we started. We laugh, we cry, we whine about exercise. It's a heartwarming story, and Geeeeshhhh! I can't believe Lush doesn't want to hang with us anymore. I'm crushed. Did she have any good reasons, other than getting a real life?

This was a sad day at work. DH had to lay off one guy. I really think that he was wanting to have a little down time (calling in sick alot), but DH had a really hard time with it. He feels its his responsibility to make sure the work keeps flowing and lately it hasn't been flowing too well.

By the way, my mother's day gluttony has added 2 lbs. Argh!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 03:32 AM   #3  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi! Bagzz, I'm glad you heard from Lushie and she's okay!

Wabby, congratulations on your weight loss, sorry about your weight gain, and I'm really sorry your DH had to lay someone off.

I don't read Women's Day anymore after they advised that to get laundry under control, you should buy more socks and underwear. Yeah, that'll help the clutter problem. I saw that FlyLady is all famous and has a book and stuff, but I think I prefer anonymity, for this group and for my housekeeping efforts.

Hi Kiwi and Peaches and Sugar P!

I'm having another test done next week. I'm sick of these tests. I'm sure there will be no abnormalities and there's no reason for me to feel like this.

Kiwi, Mary Moos are little porcelain cows. I have about 10 of them in my cow collection.

Ciao!
Cherry
Old 05-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default You didn't say COW

2 demerits, Bagz.

Personally I think Lush should at least stop in and say hi once in a while. Cuz I feel rejected. Of course I will admit to being stultifyingly boring.

I'm so ITCHY!!!! DD finally finished swamping out a corner of the living room where a bunch of her stuff has been living for about 8 years judging from the dates on the magazines. What with all the dust plus hay fever, I am a weepy itchy mess.

I keep hearing we're going to have snow!? What a weird spring.

Wow, what a bummer, having to lay off an employee. Not easy being the boss, eh?

Kiwi
Old 05-16-2002, 01:19 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Red face Geeez, don't all post at once!

I have a headache. Had to tutor my bored teenage English student for two hours today because she has a test tomorrow. Hope she passes. She's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer but hey, it's her money (her mom's, actually). Question tags and the past perfect conditional are my life. Zzzzzzzzzz!

Going to go exercise now!

Hi to everyone. Too tired to post uplifting personal comments. Will do it tomorrow.

Good to know that Lush has a real life, but I miss her.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:31 PM   #6  

Default yakity yak

It's the pits being the boss. It's also the pits being the bosses boss. The wife of the laid off guy called and asked me if he was laid off or if he quit. She didn't believe him. It's really hard when you have a very small company and we all know each other as friends and not just employee/employer.

I'm seriously thinking of discontinuing the dietician lady. Do I dare try to lose weight on my own? I find myself dreading my visits with her. Not because I'm not losing weight, but because she annoys me. She told me the treat she was allowing herself on Mother's Day was a papaya all to herself. I find it hard to relate to this woman.

Hi Sugar! I miss our Lush too. How can we hi-jack her back here?

Last edited by Wabby; 05-16-2002 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hmm

Good grief, I don't blame you for thinking about quitting the papaya lady, Wabbit. She doesn't live in the real world, or she would know that a Mother's Day treat is the whole box of chocolates to yourself. My dietitian friend has a weakness for M&Ms; that's why I love her

Speaking of chocolates, I got the most lovely ones -- Whitman's chocolate balls with soft cream centers. Truly fab. And I've been somewhat moderate about them too. I even shared. AND they're not all gone yet.
And yet my pants are too tight. Go figure.

Sugar, you deserve a pat on the back. Perhaps there will be one slightly less dumb female in the world when you're through.

Yes, let's kidnap Lush and drag her back here. Maybe she doesn't have time to post here because she is addicted to online bingo. Or x-rated chat. Or Or Or.....

Kiwi
Old 05-17-2002, 01:35 AM   #8  
fatter than U

Quick, Wabby! Ask your dietician if she has a degree in statistics. If she does, she could be .... JUNE in disguise! Papaya??????? You call that a treat? Bummer about the lay off.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:43 AM   #9  

Default Oh my gosh!

Maybe she is June. Wasn't June stationed in the middle east or something? The dietician told me she used to be the personal dietician for some sheik's family. And I don't know about the statistics degree, but she sure loves to pull out the old bmi index and work over her calculator with it.

I have a headache but I'm here at work anyway. It's my own fault - I've still been on a binge and I ate chinese food for dinner (msg laden) and a piece of chocolate, both of which give me migraines. What was I thinking?????
Old 05-17-2002, 02:28 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default oo, me too

I have not been eating very well -- yesterday I bought a pack of 5 cheddar/beef sticks and ate them for dinner Talk about an MSG headache

Does your dietitian wear leopard print unitards?

I have to go tape the sailboat so DH can paint the hull. He really wants me to clean the stove in it, but I'm subscribing to the theory that it can't be that dirty...

Later, babes

Kiwi
Closed Thread