Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Talking Special Meal for Valentines Day??

I was just wondering what everybodies plans were for Valentines day foodwise. I want something special but would like to stay as close OP as I can. Maybe sharing ideas would help!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

I think I'm taking list to Sweet Tomatoes Salad Bar for Valentine's day... I know for a fact she doesnt' like all that froo froo stuff.

Seriously.. That's probably where we'll end up...

That said, we're going to the Melting Pot for her birthday on Saturday...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

mmmmm Sweet Tomatoes. My Niece used to work there in Orlando.

and yummy!!!! Melting Pot. We went to one in Orlando at christmas with our best friends it was a blast. good choices.

as for me.... our church has a big valentines banquet every year and we will be eating there. but I have really been dying for a big gooey piece of chocolate cake....... oh my......
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

No ideas yet. 70% chance my DH will forget it is a holiday (he gets testosterone poisoning at work) and come home late. We will go out to sushi Friday night and that is good enough.
I might make chicken Florentine for the family.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #5  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Tuesday Congrats on the Goal! Nice job! What kind of Sushi do you get when you go out?
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #6  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I actually have another committment for work on Thursday night. I'll be eating out with the folks that I'm meeting with but not sure where yet....I'm sure I will be able to find something close to plan though.

Since I'm otherwise obligated, DH is taking DD out to dinner. She picked Chilis I'm hoping it is a good sign that she is learning how to eat that she didn't pick McDonalds. Since she is only 5 it could have as easily been there.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #7  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

We're having Valentine's lunch on Wednesday due to scheduling and having our toddler. We're going to a steakhouse of all things I think I'm going to go for the filet with a side of steamed veggies to keep it all kind of in line.
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan, We were just at the Melting Pot for my DD's birthday last week. She loved it, I went way, way over on the fat for the day. It even just smells wonderful in there... It was fun, but my DH thought it was really expensive since we had to "cook our own food".

We will have a steak and some salad and maybe if we have the starch exchanges left a small baked potato with ff sour cream. Just a nice dinner in.
No wine though. 37 days left of Lent. It is harder to give up alcohol than I thought. Seems like since I did I've been offered a ton of drinks...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #9  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Barbara - I'm impressed that you are giving up alcohol for so long. I haven't had a drink since Saturday and I think that is doing good. My plan is not to have any wine or beer in the house until the weekend......
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

My DD and her boyfriend of 4 years broke up in October so we're all having Valentines dinner together as a family since she said she didnt have a Valentine. We're having steak and crablegs, her choice. I'm trying to decide if I want to go WI on Thursday morning instead of Saturday so I can indulge a little OR just wait till Saturday like I usually do and hopefully that will keep my eating in check on Valentines night, sheesh whats a girl to do? LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Katy, I gave up alcohol for lent before. I really am not a big drinker, but that said we talked ourselves into starting Lent after Ash Wednesday because we had wine that night we went to the Melting Pot. So that felt really bad that I didn't really even make a DAY. So now I'm bound and determined to make it until Lent is over with.

Kim how sweet that you are there for your DD like that. My DD had a boyfriend like that, and I still kind of miss him. He was like part of the family, so it was hard to see him go. Of course my DD immediately got the rebound boyfriend... and now less than a year later has yet another boyfriend... so I guess she got over it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Cecilia, when I go out for Japanese I get either sashimi Tuna or salmon) appetizers or a charishi bowl. The bowl is mixed sashimi on sushi rice. I also get miso soup and the cabbage or cucumber salad (sonomono). I can eat raw fish so eating Japanese is easy for me the only problems are the amount of sodium and rice triggers my eating overdrive.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Valentines Day will be my 10 yr anniversary, and it is a tradition(because it is way too busy to go to a restaurant on VD) that we order pizza. But this is a specialty pizza-Chicago style. It is to die for, plus a side of Gnocchi
Which i don't want to estimate the calories in this order. I have 1 more week til express is done, and told DH that we may not be doing this this year. He is disappointed. SO, i have done no cheating(other then a taste of pasta with beef awhile back) i have had zero cravings, but will this one day really hurt my plan in the long run? i know i will be able to cut back to small portions and i will have to eat lite all day? Any encouragement?
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #14  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Well, I guess that I will just be eating on plan her at the house with the kids. My DH flew out tonight and will not be back until Fri. I am just hoping to make my Valentines goal.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #15  
Laurie

I'm going to the store tonight to get the stuff for Deb's Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy. Then I'll have a vege and salad and make the truffles for dessert.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote