South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday Chat 2/11/08

I know it's been a couple months since I posted in here, sorry folks, with the new job it's been crazy. And, sigh, yes, I gained all the weight back! However, this weekend I worked hard and am back down 5 pounds! I'm excited to get past a plato, seemed I couldn't get past, now I HAVE to get past another, a certain number that, without fail, as soon as I hit it I start gaining again. And yes, it's the number on the ticker!

I joined curves, but in three months only worked out 9 times there, and only walking dog once a week! YIKES! am planning on curves after work. It's hard when you have two teens expecting you to pick them up. But I've told my son that he and his friend will have to wait while I work out.

Anyway, going to try to read posts more to get to know you all.

later.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Motivation Chick Chat!

It's a cold blast of winter this morning, 11*. Brrrrrrrr! I'll have to work extra hard at Curves to work up a sweat!

I plan to stop off at Wegman's after my workout to pick up the ingredients for SCHMOODLE'S recipe of split pea soup, and I can't forget coffee! I'm almost out! While the soup is simmering, I have to do a bit of dusting and vacuuming, and maybe throw in a load of sheets. Cindy's family is supposed to be driving back from Vermont today, so depending on what time they get in, I may have the day off again. I could get used to this, but I do miss my girlies.

How's your part of the beach looking today?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #3  

Welcome back, Loriann! I know how hectic life can be, trying to hold down a job and taking care of your family. Congratulations on the 5 lbs., that's awesome! I'm off to Curves as soon as it opens this morning, too.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Thx cottage, you sound like me... shoppin on mondays! However, this weekend my son staid in town and I had to go pick him up yesterday, NOT a good thing as we had very bad white outs here to where I could barely see at times, almost came home and told him to stay put! There was a 36 car pile up here, http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...c-0b17bd480ee6 ! One teen girl died several listed in critical.

And yes, the temps were BITTER COLD, FRIGID!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #5  

Loriann, I saw the coverage of that terrible accident on the news, that was awful. Be careful driving out there in that stuff!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Thx, I will. I noticed you were about the same weight I am no, OK< I weighed in at 186.5 this am. And you are down to where I want to be... how did you do it? Was curves a major input or some other activity? what about foods? PLEASE, TELL ME@! I've been struggling for over ten years at this weight!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for the coffee Cottage. It's 6 here and I've got to clear my car out. Yuck

Cottage - enjoy your down time this morning and stay warm out there!

Loriann - pleased to meet you That accident sounds bad. I used to live in a lake effect area, the worst weather ever IMO. Congratulations on the 5 lbs.

Back to work today. Looks like we are getting another storm tomorrow afternoon. I have had just about enough of this weather this year. Unfortunately we have at least another month to go.

Have a good day!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in from frigid Delta where it is lightly snowing. It's cozy in the house, especially with my darling dog home and sleeping on my feet! I think she's glad to be home although I'm sure she misses the fun and frolicking at the Pypers' place.

This morning I MUST get back at the knee exercises as my PT comes tomorrow. My friend Holly may bring over my puppy for a first visit. He was born on January 21 so is just 3 weeks old. IMHO, he shouldn't be outside yet but she's the breeder, not me. The cold may dissuade her.

Nothing much exciting around here - just plugging along and trying to convince myself that every day is better.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Loriann Welcome back. You can do it.
Cottage Stay warm an have fun at Curves.
Cyndi Stay warm and be careful.
Ruth I'm glad to hear Hershey is home and you are feeling a little better. Have fun wth the puppy visit.

Me DF and I had a great time this weekend. We went to a spot a couple of hours from here called Lake Isabella. It was very relaxing. But now it's back to reality and that means work Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Running a bit late today, so just popping in quickly to wish everyone a great and productive week!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks.
cottage, hope you like the soup. My DD looked at it last night and said it looked like, well, something nasty that I won't repeat. And she's never seen The Exorcist, to my knowledge! But I love it. Stay warm!
Hi Loriann, welcome back to the beach.
Have a great day, Cyndi and Ruth. Tell Hershey we missed her.

Hmm, I can't think of a single interesting thing to say. It's Monday, what more CAN I say? Hope you have a great start to your week. I am nervous about weighing in for the first time in a month on Thursday.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning all! It still feels strange to actually write that IN the morning!

Can you believe the temperature change yesterday, Linda?! It was 46* when we got home from church, 32* when I left for my parents' in the late afternoon, 22* when we got home around 9:00, and we woke up this morning to 12*! Good thing I got my run in early yesterday and that today's a rest day!

Loriann, way to go buckling yourself down and shedding those five pounds. Last year I read one of Bob Greene's books and he talks about "set points" that our body has, weights at which our bodies like to plateau and have a hard time getting past. He said we tend to really hit some cravings when we're trying to get past those set points and if you push past them and don't give in, a couple days later you generally see a "whoosh" and you will be past it. Sometimes it takes increasing your exercise a bit and sometimes you have to change up your diet (decrease calories, slightly increase calories, eat more frequent and smaller meals, increase protein, etc.). Good luck!

Schmoodle, did you find out whether your contract was renewed??? I love split pea soup, regardless of its aesthetic appearance! I made some black bean soup yesterday and Tom's dad made an awful face when he looked in the pot. He makes an awful face when he looks in a lot of my pots, though. The man really doesn't care for many vegetables and pretty much eats as anti-South Beach as you could!

Dawn, I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice time with your fiance this weekend. Are things back on track or are you guys taking it slowly?

Ruth, I hope you get to see the puppy, as long as the weather co-operates. Puppies are so cuddly! You decided on Igor?

Cyndi, good luck getting the car cleaned out! Be safe out there!

Cat! Hope your day goes well!

Nothing big on the plan for today. Connor's starting back into school; I'll probably let him take it a little easy since he had last week off. No extra-curricular activities to speak of. My exercise today will be summoning enough will power to resist the four kinds of cake we have in the house. And staying warm is high on the list!

Have a great day! for any of us who need it!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-11-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

I think I actually figured out how to post pictures.

Kara We're still taking it a bit slower but he did actually make dinner reservations for Valentine's Day without me reminding him (first time in 9 years ) That's definitely progress.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

Kara, thanks! I'll remember that as I near 179... thats when I start pounding them back on faster than I lose of course! ggrrrr...

Thanks everyone! Stay warm!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Dawn, pretty!

Kara, yes, we found out last week we got the contract award, so my job is secure (as it can be, anyway) for another year, with a second year option. However, the whole recompete process opened my eyes to some opportunities out there, and I will be exploring them over the coming year. At least now, there is no time pressure though.
Closed Thread