Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 04:19 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Wink

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 04:21 PM   #2  
CJ

Default Yea - it worked!

Hey, that was easy! I did it! Sorry, but one does have to keep her status as BRAT! haha

OK - be back later.

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 05:05 PM   #3  

Default Brat Status!

Can't fool me CJ, BRAT! BRAT! BRAT!

Let me be the first to BRAT you on the new forum.

We are having the most wonderful weather today - bright and sunny - may even be record breaking temps for this time of year. As high as 18C, not sure what that is in F, but it sure feels good. I went grocery shopping first thing this morning and by the time I got home, had to take my jacket off to unload the car. And - my crocuses are blooming. Spring is here! Love this West Coast weather.

Our vacation was so great. We had the best time in Disneyland and California Adventure Park. Spent 4 days there and had no rain except at night. The weekend that we spent touring Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc., it did rain, so we did most of our sightseeing from the car, but it was great to see anyways. Must have walked 20 to 30 miles at least. But weight just stayed the same. I was hoping for a loss, but grateful not to gain. We ate a lot. Spending 4 days outside from morning to night greatly increases the appetite.

So nice to be back home though. Finally went and got groceries this morning so can begin again back ontrack.

We got a good shakeup in that earthquake last Wednesday. Just a reminder not to take anything for granted. No damages here, just a couple of framed photos fell over, but I was vacuuming the stairs at the time and nearly fell off. What a shock!

Missed the forum while it was down over the weekend. Thanks Sharon, for letting us know how to get back on. I kept getting the message that it was still closed. Hope the gang will all be back soon. Will check back later. I could see who was on the boards when I first checked in but that feature seems to have disappeared unless everyone went anonymous. Maybe it will come back next time I log on. Kind of nice to see who is on the same time as you are.

Anyways, talk to you later. Love, G
Old 03-06-2001, 06:33 PM   #4  
CJ

Default Look who I found ....

Well, look who I found hanging around .... Joanna's back! I copied her reply for you all to see .... here goes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Joanna
Gee things have changed a bit around here.... Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and apologize for being MIA the last few months. I've been so wrapped up with everything around this house..... but my biggest news is that I am officially DIVORCED as of March 1, 2001. I even took back my maiden name!!! WOOHOO!!!

I won't bore you with everything that has happened over the last few months, except to tell you that I am holding semi-steady with my weight (after gaining back a few pounds I am now roughly 245-250) but still wearing size 20 jeans, I met a wonderful young man (hehe, embassassingly young - he's 22) last fall and we are now living together - primarily because of my financial situation with the house. I was looking for a room-mate because I was having a rough time on my own. I received a promise ring for Valentine's Day. WOOHOO! We are really good together, in sync in so many ways. A true southern gentleman. He comes from a wonderful family and he is very genuine - so opposite of Keith. We work at the same place, but opposite shifts - we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together because of our schedules, but we make a point to spend what little time we have enjoying ourselves.

Well I am going to check out the new forum and try to catch up on everything I have missed....

see ya'll later
Hugs!

Love, Joanna Hyatt --- formally Joanna Freeman -- hehe I just had to throw that in there
Welcome back Joanna - post with us often!

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 06:44 PM   #5  
CJ

Default My avatar!

Hey, look I got me an avatar! My own personal angel! I uploaded it from my computer. This angel's name is sweetiepie and that is one of my hubby's nicknames for me is ..... isn't that neat?

I have a feeling that this thread is going to loaded with a lot of test posts! LOL

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 07:01 PM   #6  
A Real Woman!

Default test posts? whatever gave you that idea?

hehe... CJ I think we are still on the same wavelength!! I also tried uploading an avitar and hopefully it will turn out... hehe... we'll see!!

Hugs, Joanna

Well it worked, although the pic is a bit fuzzy..... Can anyone tell who it is?? It's definately NOT me! LOL!!

Last edited by Joanna; 03-06-2001 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:03 PM   #7  
CJ

Default Norma Jean ....

hahaha ... looks like Marilyn Monroe ... could not think of her name for a few minutes here ... all I could think of was her real name, Norma Jean! Would you believe I had to sit here and go thru the alphabet, and when I got to M it came to me! LOL

Glad you are back Joanna!

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 08:04 PM   #8  
CJ

Default I see you ...

Judy (blunder) I see you .... you are lurking! My new buddy list says so! Gotcha!

Get in here and post girl!

Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 08:21 PM   #9  
CJ

Default ahem.....

Notice anything different on my post???? Let's see who notices it! hahahaha

CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 08:25 PM   #10  
Mother Hen

Hello!

You sneaky snake! You caught me! I'm still trying to figure out this new site.

Things are much better on the home front these past few days. The doctor gave Cal some kind of new shot. It was some form of radiation that goes directly into the cancer cells and helps with the pain too. It seems to be working! He has had two good days in a row. Has only taken pain pills three times today! Hallalulah!!!!!!

My son and family are planing to finally come to Okla. to show off my new grandaughter. Probably will be the first weekend in April. That's a good time 'cause Cal's birthday is April 1st and my daughter Doris, has her birthday on the 3rd. We'll really be celebrating for a couple days!

I haven't been around for quite a while so I have no idea about what's new with all you guys. I know Jo must be a really happy girl, 'cause I know how much she loves all that new snow she got!

Well, I hope I can figure all the new playthings on this site. Talk more later after I get caught up on the news.

Hugs, Judy
Old 03-06-2001, 09:13 PM   #11  
Mother Hen

trying to figure this out.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:14 PM   #12  

Hi!

I haven't been here for a while and was surprised to see the new look of the message boards. This is going to be short because I'm not sure if it's going to work.

I'll go back and read the threads and write a longer post later.

Trish
Old 03-06-2001, 09:28 PM   #13  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default hmm, is it different?

Hi everyone.
Its been awhile but I'm officially back!
Needed to take some time off, sort of r and r but was more peace of mind if anything...from that dreaded plateau I got stuck on. Did me the world of good too, better frame of mind and more determined than ever to succeed at this weight game!!! Ha!!

CJ- is there a difference between the last 2 posts? I don't think so...How did you get the angel there at the side by your name?....hey I'm an angel!!

On the positive side I'm down to 211 from?? I don't remember ...215 I think (it's all a blur those 3 wks ...nobody mention that plateau...ugh) Spring is going to be here I just know it, and I'm ready for it!!! Look out...short shorts, bathing suits and call me skinny miny.....can't wait. Have a great day tommorow..bye
Old 03-07-2001, 08:29 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

Grumble, grumble. Having computer problems. Will be back ... I hope.
Old 03-07-2001, 02:07 PM   #15  

Hello Everyone...

Sorry I haven't been posting in the past week or so.Had puter problems then got sick with bladder infection. Today I'm home with son.He's got strep throat!

Well....on the weight! The good news is...I've lost 6 lbs!! YEAH! Now the stats is: 190-170-150....I still have 20 to go but know I can do it!!! The bad news is...I still have days when I can eat EVERYTHING I get my hands on....which is a NO-NO .....BUT getting better about it.

Hope everyone is doing good.I read all the posts and finally got caught up! I love this new forum! Will post later...son needs me.

Love to all,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Closed Thread