Old 02-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Question Anyone having problems eating eggs???

I'd like to find out if I'm the only one with this problem with eggs. I used to eat them every morn for breakfast (bacon, egg, cheese on toast). Suddenly, when I turned about 30 yrs old (I was also pregnant at the time), I would start vomiting immediately after my sandwich. It took me a long time to figure out it was the eggs.

I can tolerate eggs only in this capacity: hard boiled, deviled, egg foo young (get nauscious, but don't upchunk), and in food such as cakes, etc. Don't worry..I don't eat like that anymore (Atkins' it now). But I cannot tolerate fried/scrambled eggs. I think I've been jaded by my experience years ago and the thought of one...scares me.

Interested in hearing your experiences...wondering if I'm the only person alive like this??? Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #2  
Not Monkeying Around

Height: 5' 7"

YES!!! I have had egg intolerance for YEARS (I cant even remember when it started.). I get such incredibly bad stomach aches I spend the rest of the day in bed. Any eggs will do it - fried, boiled, store bought, restaurants. Finally I figured it out. When visiting my husband's family in Ireland, he insisted I eat an egg. I refused, not wanting to spend a day of my vacation in bed sick. Finally he convinced me to try it. They live in the country and have chickens (fresh eggs). I tried one and WALA! no stomach ache.
We ended up getting a chicken so I can eat eggs. I date the eggs so I know when to get rid of them (because of my years and years of egglessness, I dont eat many eggs). I have found out from my dated eggs, that any egg over 10 days old will cause the stomach ache. Most store bought eggs are over 30 days old, hence my reaction. I have just recently tried Eggbeaters, and, to my great happiness, I can eat it with no problem. (Chickens only lay eggs in the summer. Now I get to have eggs all year round and the Eggbeaters works with my diet.) I hope my egg-periments help you. I dont know why this happens but I have heard there are quite of us egg-intolerant people.
~Gretchen
Mamma Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #3  
banned

Thanks so much Gretchen! I'm thinking about trying this egg muffin that Leenie (one of the moderators here) posted...sounds really great and simple to make. I've been buying brown eggs for recipes, daughter, etc.

As I am sure you'll understand...I don't think I tried them again all these years cuz of that feeling you were talking about...it's very scary...and so lousy for me...that I get freaked out at the possibility of it happening again. I'll letcha know how it turns out with the egg muffins. Thanks again. Joyce
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

To much egg at once makes me very nauscious. If I'm carefull not to overdo it I'm usualy Ok. I think it makes a difference how they are cooked I can't eat any amount of omlet or I get barfy.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #5  

Eggs started making me queasy two or three years ago. For a while I could (and did) eat egg beaters. I've been getting worse though and I haven't tried the eggbeaters lately. Maybe they're still good? I can eat eggs in recipes with no problem and I can eat a deviled egg every now and then, but I think that's because I also eat other stuff with deviled eggs. Usually, I don't have them unless we're at a pot luck or something.
When I did Atkins seven or eight years ago, I'd eat hard boiled eggs as a snack. I miss that.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #6  
banned

Hey guys...I just tried (for the 1st time in years) a hard boiled egg (2 exactly). I didn't hurl chunks!!!...YEAH ME!!!! I was scared though...(mental issues about eggs), but I did it. Now, I'm going to try the egg muffin with sausage, brocolli, cheese...I'll let you know how that goes... Joyce