Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default It was not fat bashing

I am shocked that a thread would be closed simply because IMO she must weigh more than that. Good points were made that she might be very short, but based on her measurements -- and people I know with identical measurements -- I was saying it was a falsehood.
Nobody on that thread was saying anything "ugly", and I felt the conversations were polite.
Very very very shocked that the thread was closed.
When Rosie was on the view she admitted her weight and I don't think Rosie was any larger than Whoopie. And perhaps the way Whoopi wears baggy clothes she does appear larger than she is in real life.
For the record I think she is a fabulous actress

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 02-09-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

What the mods are trying to say is that how would you like if you weighed X amount and someone said..oh that must be false...she looks heavier than that. Unfortunately, there have been many celebrity threads that turn into fatbashing. You may not think you are making comments that hurt people. But who are we to judge. We try not to make others with weight issues feel down. We are here for support and help. And someone who weighs Whoopis weight right now might be hurt/offended by your comment. They may think..hey she looks great for her weight and that's what i weigh..but when you say, that she CAN"T possibly weight that and has to be heavier...it must be false..it can be very dishartening for some trying to lose weight. The mods are just trying to help keep things supportive and helpful. And avoid threads that might offend/hurt others.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 02-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I know nothing got ugly, but several threads (at least a half dozen) in the past started out as innocently as yours ("i.e. can KA REALLY weigh only XXXX) and turned very ugly very fast so as a general policy Suzanne and the lovely mods made a policy specifically against that particular type of discussion. Without waiting to SEE if it would become ugly or not.

Its like politics....it IS possible to have a pleasant and polite political discussion, it is just so rare that 3FC doesnt have political threads as a matter of policy.

It really wasnt a personal thing just an attempt to keep this a happy and friendly site!

Last edited by ennay; 02-09-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

FYI, threads complaining about other threads being closed will also be closed. Let the mods do their jobs, and let it go Only one person mentioned fat bashing, but the honest truth is, it was a pretty pointless conversation--certainly wasn't helping anyone (except maybe making people who might be about Whoopie's size feel badly about themselves because other people think they weigh more than they really do).
Old 02-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

This was quite awhile ago, but Whoopie was filming Sister Act on the street where I worked. I didn't see her personally, but my coworkers that did said she was very small. You can't tell at all by how somebody looks on tv the way they look in "real" life, the camera really does add weight to you.

Which is why I avoid any and all cameras LOL
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

3FC does not tolerate fat bashing of celebrities, discussions about how they must be lying, etc., about how they really weigh more or haven't lost what they say, any more than we tolerate similar discussions about members of 3FC.

Any threads that start down this road will be closed.

Jay
Closed Thread