South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend Chat 2/9-2/10

Good Morning!

I'm waiting for everyone to get up and moving, they're a bunch of sleepyheads! Monica and Carley came out yesterday to spend the weekend with us, and we're planning a fun day of shopping for today.
Yesterday was fun, Dad called to say that he and Mom were really looking forward to spending the day with me, and they wanted to go to their favorite restaurant up in Reading for lunch. So we drove all the way up there to find the restaurant closed for renovations. They couldn't think of any other place to go, so we took the long way home, looking for someplace that looked good, and ended up at a restaurant very close to home! We had a good laugh about it, and it was a lot of fun. I know it just made their day, so I'm happy. Came home to find Dustin in our drive, putting new brakes on Andrea's car, and Monica called to say she and Carley were on their way. So we had a full house for supper!
I can hear Carley moving around, Jake just went up to get her. Look's like the day has started!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My morning is cranked up too!
Plan for the day? Get dressed in real clothes instead of a robe! (Baby steps.)
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage! Thanks for the coffee

Sounds like you had a nice day off. I love just driving around in the country looking for interesting places to stop.

Today we're expecting, believe it or not, more snow. We are certainly making up for last year's winter. I'm going to run to the store and get ingredients for a pot of soup. Noting better on a snowy day than relaxing at home with a fragrant pot of soup cooking. I think I'll go for a white bean, rosemary soup with escarole. Lunch for the week!

My NSV this week was going to the outlet and buying all new under things. Mine were just getting silly. It's nice to be able to buy slightly more attractive bras again. Also bought my first pair of smaller capris. I was going to wait for warm weather but I can't resist a really good sale

I have realized that my body shape now is the result of exercise. That's a little scary because I know I have to continue to exercise regularly or my clothes won't fit. I've never been a comfortable 12 so this is a new experience. I'm so grateful for this website - it may actually help me stay on track once I hit maintenance.

Have a great weekend Chicks!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy weekend everybody!!

Cottage, so glad you got to have fun with your parents yesterday...even if the restaurnt trip was a bomb.

Ruth...great for you getting into "real clothes"! You are on your way!

Cyndi...yep, new "drawers" can really help to motivate..it's great feeling like a girl again, huh?

Me...nothing exiting happening here. Got up at 4 to work so I can play later on today when it warms up. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend, so I want to play in the garden. We are having a dinner party next weekend, so I want to start cleaning up the "winter ick" all around the house. Ordered a couple of cute dresses from Urban Outfitters last night (on sale!). It's nice to be able to get cute clothes again. Today is my "day off" from the fluidity bar, but I can notice a difference from it already. Still really liking it too. Last week I decided to take my resistance band to school with me and use it while the kids were busy. I can walk around the room checking on them while stretching away. I also found a 20 video online for resistance band workout while in a chair...so I can also do that when the kids don't need me. Might as well be using the time while I'm sitting there. When they need help, I can just put in on "pause" and come back to it!

The scale has not moved a bit lately, but I had on a pair of "new" pants yesterday that are an 8 and they have gotten pretty baggy (probably run big...those walmart pull on kind, but fit when I got them a month or so ago), so I guess this exercise thing really works, huh? (I have always been an exercise slug) I've have decided to once again put the stupid scale away. It's an idiot. My clothes are much smarter.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-09-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, look! I got in in the morning!

Linda, looks like you had a jam-packed family day yesterday! We love Reading; such a cute place. Glad you found a nice place to eat.

Ruth, you should put on your fanciest duds and celebrate your baby step! It's nice to have you back!

Cyndi, enjoy your soup. It really sounds terrific!

Cat, you're a workout maniac! Glad to hear you like the new bar so much!

I've got a three mile run on my list of things to do this morning, and then a shower of course, before we head over to my grandparents' for the day. They're really looking forward to seeing the kids and it'll be a nice day out. Then I have to stop by Michael's (OH MY WORD - SO EXCITED!) on the way home because I promised my brother I'd make his birthday cake (he turned 15 last week) and I've got a grand plan for a snowy mountain with a little snowboarder heading down the slope. He wants chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry (?) cake so I've got to get searching on allrecipes.com to figure something out.

Better get to it before the kiddos get up and need breakfast. Have a lovely weekend!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-09-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone-

I finally got my laptop back yesterday . How did I survive before it?

Cottage Your day sounds lovely. Have fun shopping

Ruth Feel better and take it easy.

Femme Congratulations on finding exercise you like doing.

Kara Have a great time at Michael's.

I worked such crazy hours this last week I coudn't get here much but...Kim have fun with the family and Schmoodle I'm thinking of you and Gonna If there isn't another option for the MRI I'll be in Texas in March and April on business and I'll come hold your hand and threaten doctors, O.K.?

DF and I are leaving in 3 hours and 25 minutes for our weekend escape. I'm so excited; even if it is just a two hour drive. I got on the scale this morning and lost a pound. So far the weekend is off to a good start.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 02-09-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #7  

Morning chicks!

Cottage Sounds like a fun weekend for you. I love being surrounded by family.

Ruth How are you feeling??

Kara I am out of the loop- are you back in the states? I haven't read posts this week.

Femme What is on your dinner menu for the party? Maybe I will drive on over-I think it is only 6 hours or so.

Thin Where are you all headed for the weekend?

Me- Pretty quiet weekend here. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, so I am looking forward to that. Abigail has a birthday party this afternoon, and other than church, that is the only scheduled event for the weekend. I need to get a meal plan together and get to the grocery store as well. Food on a budget this week, but we always manage to make it work!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

G'morning.

I'm being the bad mommy today and I just dropped my son off for basketball practice instead of sitting there and watching. But sometimes you sanity needs a break.

I have to spend the afternoon setting up for our packs Blue and Gold dinner tomorrow. Which involves moving tables, cleaning tables, putting table cloths on tables. Then tomorrow is the Blue and Gold. Our centerpiece will be cute, we made little Mardi Gras "floats" out of shoeboxes. Good thing I remembered my paper flower making skills.

Tonight we have a Game Night at church. It's fun. I'll have to remember to cut up some vegetables to bring because nobody ever brings healthy snacks.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #9  

Morning

Cottage--I love shopping!! HAHA My daughter used to tell my husband that our motto was "shop shop till you drop drop"

Ruth-Glad you are feeling better

Femme Can't wait till I can buy cute new clothes.

Kiko Good luck on your menu planning.

Kara have a great run and fun at the grandparents.

ME- Just hanging out at home today with the family. Making fish for dinner. I am officially into phase 2. I really enjoyed my orange yesterday!! YUMMY funny how an orange is what i missed the most. I am proud to say that dh has had mini chocolates like 3 muskateers(my fav) in the house for a few days and I HAVEN"T touched them and they are in plain site too. Hopefully this resolve keeps up.

Tammie
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #10  

Neko sounds like lots of exercise. Hey we all need a break sometimes don't feel bad.

Last edited by tammie00; 02-09-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

You are a flock of upbeat chicks this morning! Just what I needed to get me going. I am alone again as the kiddies spent their Friday night at Grandma's, but I slept like a rock, no waking, and I think I could get used to my alone time every week! I've got an extremely optimistic list of things to do this weekend, so we'll see how many I get through, starting with a run to the grocery store. I am back on Ph1 this morning. We'll see if a week does the trick.

cottage, a day of shopping with the girls sounds so fun, I'm jealous!
kara, what about a chocolate cake with strawberry filling and snowy white frosting?
Cyndi, enjoy your new undies, your soup, and your snow. I've been kinda wishing for some snow, since we haven't gotten our two good storms for the year yet.
Happy dressing day, Ruth!
Cat, that's a great way to use your time to squeeze in some exercise! What do the kids think about it?
Dawn, have a wonderful weekend escape! Be sure and take pictures and tell us all about it.
Hi Kiko, hope your weekend is relaxing!
Welcome to Ph2 Tammie. Great willpower! Can I borrow some?
Hi Neko! Taking a break is what MAKES you a good mommy.

We've got a nice little group of 3FC friends going on facebook, thanks to KimStar. PM me if anyone wants to join us! LC and I are even using our REAL names!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good saturday morning gang!

Today is a busy day with cleaners, eye apt and then dh & I are going to the new mall they built a ways away from where we live so that should be nice. The weather is suppose to be beautiful today!

Cottage your time with your parents sounded awesome. It's the lil thngs that matter the most. I hope you enjoy your company

Ruth glad to see your moving into the baby step phase

Cyndi way to go on that NSV

Cat glad to hear your exercise bar is working for you. Keep up the great work!

Kara enjoy your day!

Dawn you are such a sweet heart. Congrats on the 1lb loss! You guys enjoy your weekend

Hiya Kiko

Neko mommys need time to there self I would not call that mean

Tammie love that will power you have going on

Schmoodle good luck with phase 1. Facebook?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #13  

Smoodle I would love to share the willpower but not sure I have enough. LOL everytime I look at the chocolate I think we will be living near beaches this summer and would prefer not to look like the beached whale!! HAHA
Tammie
Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #14  

In a rush this morning to get the boys to their activities but wanted to say hello and happy weekend to all!!!

Also wanted to say thank you for being so kind and welcoming since I'm pretty new to the Beach forums. The daily chats are just wonderful!

Last edited by bellaluna; 02-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Just buzzing in to say I just fixed some waffles with a mix I bought at the local organic food store. They were delicious...
they look pretty much SBD compliant...what do you think about the nutrition info???
They were very light and crunchy. I added olive oil for the 2 TB they said to use. Put a little ICBINB spray on top and some agave necter. Made them in my belgian waffler maker, so figured 1/2 of a big old waffle was a tad less than one serving.
Closed Thread