Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Default Skipping Express

Does anyone know if the COD's will allow you to skip the express weeks? There is no way I am going to make it through another three weeks of this. I am going in today and have thought about asking them to just put me on the full program.
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #2  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Polarbear you can do it! Honestly I don't eat that much of the stuff that's not in the express book my COD have me the book for after express to familiarize my self with it and they said every once and awhile it was ok if I went to subway or had something from that book. You can make trust me! Somedays I felt the same way. It will feel so much better if you wait and make it through the express it's getting your body ready for your weightloss.

Although you can always ask maybe they won't have a problem with it. I just told my self it wasn't an option. Good luck!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Kimberly - What are you having problems with? Maybe we can help you w/ some ideas to mix it up a bit?

I really really think that the express is a very important part of this process. It teaches you so much and those lessons are needed for long-term success when you "graduate" to Free to Live.

I'm sure your center will help you out, but they will probably discourage it. I asked them for the counts of alcohol at one point during my Express and they gave them to me reluctantly. They actually talked me out of if and I committed to not drinking for 4 weeks. I was not happy about it, but I made it.

Remember Cecilia?? You helped me through it!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #4  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Express is very important!!! I would definitely stay with it! You can do it! Tyr hard. I think with starting this program it would be to dangerous to not do Express first. My COD was really messed up when I first started, and I was given the Free to Live book first when I was supposed to be on Express. I gained 3 lbs the first week! After I was led in the right direction and put on Express I started dropping. Just keep your head up and really make sure to drink lots of water. Its the most important thing you can do to help with this program!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

you can ask for some substitutions if you are desperate. I did last week and she allowed pasta x2 week but 1/3 cup for starch serving. Also, added a few other changes helped alot. I have finished week 2. I also found the Lean Cusine dinners helped out when i needed a pasta fix.

Did you finish week 1 or are you unto week 2?
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #6  

wish2bthin2 - the Lean Cuisine meals are some great advice. I use these alot to satisfy cravings and they are totally on plan.

How funny, I'm actually eating one right now!

I'm having speghetti w meatballs today. You can use the frozen dinners up to 5 times per week.

Here are some ones I use

Health Choice
Roasted Chicken Dinner
Beef Tips Portobello Dinner

Lean Cuisine
Chicken Carbonara
Speghetti w/ meatballs

There is a Panini that is good from LC also........I can't remember which one it is you'll have to check the nutrition facts.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

They didn't used to have the Express part of the program (they started that in the middle of last year), you just did the fast forward and started the plan. It was enough of a shock to my body to just do that! LOL. The Express is probaby really good for getting you into good habits from the start though. So it likely improves your success.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I'm having speghetti w meatballs today.
There is a Panini that is good from LC also........I can't remember which one it is you'll have to check the nutrition facts.
Oh i miss my spaghetti and meatballs. I never thought that i could use the beef LC meals? I assumed that having the dinners during express was only chicke. This opens up my options I do plan on having spaghetti meatballs as my first pasta dish after express.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #9  

I don't know if it's against the "rules" of express or not, but I ate the beef frozen dinners during express. I just made sure that my meals fell into the paramaters that were in the books as far as fat, calories, carbs & sodium goes.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #10  

Polarbear, what ever happened with your session at LAWL. DId you skip express?