South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Default no egg breakfast ideas

I need no egg breakfast ideas for hubby. He HATES eggs and that puts it nicely. I went through all the super recipes and picked out a couple he might eat. He'll eat eggs if they are cooked in something like the cheesecake recipe but no boiled, scrambled, fried, poached, etc. Thanks for your help and ideas.
ixrayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

I ate spicy pulled pork on a tortilla with black beans for breakfast today! I am typically not a fan of most breakfast foods in general. I would say just to make something he DOES like that meets the SBD criteria, and not worry if it is "classified" as a "breakfast" or not. Don't think that breakfast has to be inherently different food types or styles than any other meal of the day.

Last edited by only1naked; 02-07-2008 at 12:51 PM.
only1naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Phase I ideas:
Cottage cheese with nuts and cinnamin
Cottage cheese with tomatoes and turkey
Cheese melted on turkey or hame
Turkey bacon and tomato slices
V8 juice and canadian bacon

I HATE EGGS....
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Check out the Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs thread in the FAQ for tons of great ideas...
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Like only1 said, it doesn't have to be "breakfast" foods. I was sick last week and had vegetable soup for breakfast.

Today, I had some turkey sausage links and a wedges of Laughing Cow light garlic & herb soft cheese--YUM! I know we're not supposed to have turkey sausage more than once a week or so, but I'm not sure why since the ones I got only have 1g sugar per serving (sugar is listed as the 4th ingredient under "contains 2% or less of the following") and 2g saturated fat (there's 1.5g saturated fat in an egg, and I would normally have 2 or 3 of those for breakfast if I have eggs).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jill, I think that's where we just have to use our best judgement. We have the same type of question about Triscuits. They have totally SBD-safe ingredients and if we eat the Reduced Fat ones, they are low in fat (and it's the good kind anyway). However, they are not listed as okay (at least not the last time I checked...) Eh...I eat 'em anyway. Just don't tell Dr. A!

I'm a huge fan of Morningstar's veggie sausage patties. I think the only ingredient that might not be very SBD-friendly is "modified tapioca starch," but I've never had any kind of cravings from them. Try it yourself to see how you react as everyone is different, okay? They are low in fat, super-delicious, and have 10g protein each! That's for a tiny little pattie! I usually have two! You'll find the info here and you can find the nutrition info by clicking on the link on that page.

Last edited by beachgal; 02-07-2008 at 02:48 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

When I get tired of eggs, I eat leftovers from dinner the night before, or a big turkey sandwich with a LOT of spinch/tomatoes on it, or cracked wheat etc.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

I just bought a box of Low Fat Triscuits-didint know they werent allowed
FYI-they had exact ingredients as the box of SB individual bag crackers, which was right next to them on Walmart shelf.

I get tired of eggs, too. How bout a lettuce wrap? Turkey slices, cheese stick, lg matchstick of red pepper, celery stick rolled up in lettuce leaf.
SAnativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5 ft 6 1/2 in

Definitely like the turkey sandwiches on whole grain breat or low carb (or whole wheat) tortillas for breakfast-especially with a little dijon mustard and light swiss cheese warmed in the microvave just long enough to melt the cheese a bit-yum!!
I've also "made friends with oatmeal" recently and actually enjoy it now with a little cinnamon and walnuts, low fat milk and splenda!
I love eggs cooked any way but limit them due to high cholesterol (Dr.'s orders. I'd eat them every day if I could..
Earthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

There is an awesome recipe listed in the Phase 1 recipes-Breakfast Ideas for a waffle. It's made with Ricotta cheese and it tastes fabulous. Instead of making waffles, I just use it to make pancakes.
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote