Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #1  
Doing it the last time!

S/C/G: 274.4/274.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Cool Soy & Whey Diet from FIRST Magazine

Well I had to pick up the latest copy of FIRST magazine. It is the February 4th issue. There is a lady that lost 421 lbs on this diet. They say you can lose 86lbs by Easter. I think I am going to try this. What do I have to lose! LOL Pardon the pun. I just wanted to know if anyone has been on something like this. Thanks
Monchichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

First of all, I'd be skeptical of any diet put out by First magazine. They do search around for the most outrageous diets anyone can think of and put them in their magazine. They also tend to print on a small portion of the actual diet plans. It may work but is it healthy would be my concern.

So what is the diet plan? From the name "Soy and Whey", it sounds like it is a diet using protein powders?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #3  
it's always something

I've not seen the magazine, but I think it's the plan from the Revival Soy website. They mention the diet there.

http://www.revivaldiet.com/
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchichi View Post
Well I had to pick up the latest copy of FIRST magazine. It is the February 4th issue. There is a lady that lost 421 lbs on this diet. They say you can lose 86lbs by Easter. I think I am going to try this. What do I have to lose! LOL Pardon the pun. I just wanted to know if anyone has been on something like this. Thanks

86 lbs in 7 weeks, what body parts are you going to have to cut off to do that?
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #5  
Doing it the last time!

Talking Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
86 lbs in 7 weeks, what body parts are you going to have to cut off to do that?

Love that. Ya, I know it does seem outrageous. Yes the Dr. behind this is Dr. Tabor's Revival's Soy-Protein shakes.

The diet they give you is:
BREAKFAST: a protein shake blended with frozen fruit
MID-MORNING BREAK: a salty non-naughty nibbles snack
LUNCH: a chocolate protein bar and crunchy non-naughty nibbles snack
MID-AFTERNOON BREAK: a piece of fruit (e.G., a crisp apple)
DINNER: a hot entrée with two steaming vegetables
NIGHTIME SNACK: a bowl of frozen fruit medley
FLUIDS: as much calorie-free fluids as desired

TOTAL FOOD COUNT: 2 bars/shakes, 5 fruits/veggies, 1 entrée and 2 snacks
NOTE: Any 100-calorie snack can be substituted for a Revival snack!

TOTAL CALORIE COUNT: About 1,200 calories.

I got this info off the web site that was posted by Suzanne 3FC up above but the magazine basically says the same thing.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Eating 1200 calories per day will make you lose weight. So whether you follow this particular diet or you count calories and eat 1200 calories per day, you will lose weight.

I don't see anything wrong with it although it does seem to be lacking in veggies. Otherwise, it should be no different than any other 1200 calorie/day diet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/256/150

Height: 5'7

Default Whey/soy diet

I just started it today...we will see...atkins was just too difficult for me...gawd I just wish we could all just eat what we want
Msmissy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #8  
Doing it the last time!

Default Hey, let me know how you do.

I think I am going to try it too. Are you going to buy the Dr.'s stuff or just get the powder from a health store? Are you going to eat frozen dinners or are you going to make your meals? Let me know how it is and what kind of Whey powder you get and if you like it. My friend just bought the stuff to go on it too today so I may follow suit. Thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/256/150

Height: 5'7

I bought both the protein powder and the soy milk at WalMarts....way cheaper...also got the Healthy Choice dinners. I mix raspberries in with my shakes, they taste pretty good.
Msmissy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #10  
Doing it the last time!

Default Maybe Monday...

I think I am going to start on Monday. I just have to much to do this wekend. I have to clear out my bedroom and paint it and shampoo the carpet. Then on Sunday I am getting a new (to me) bed set. I can't wait this will be the first time I have had a head and foot board! LOL

I also went to Walmart and looked at their stuff today. What kind did you buy. It is a lot cheaper. My friend went to MAXX and spent at least $100. I can't afford that so it's Walmart for me.

What do you think it will cost you for the week?

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #11  

Talking It's great

I have never been able to lose weight before for a long period. I've been on 3 different diets since May 9 (it is now Feb 21,. Initially lost 14 lbs in 20 weeks on "Diet-T0-Go, then 8 lbs in 17 weeks on Seattle Sutton, and now 14 lbs in 4 weeks on the Revival Diet. I do my own food with the directions in First, and the shakes are wonderful. Even my skinny friends peek in my fridge and will drink my lunch before I can stop them
auntieg is offline   Reply With Quote