Old 02-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Wink Thursday Chatters for February

Hello everyone!
It's February and here we are with another healthy month!
Everyone is invited to post with us. We follow WW and mostly weigh in on Thursdays.

I've gained a pound and plan on losing it plus the one I need for my tracker.
Hopefully, we can make it through Valentine's Day with little upset. Remember that we all have our 35 flex points!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #2  

Hello everyone!! I am enjoying our trip so much already. Bob is eating better, which has been so much of a concern. He is cold all the time, and I wonder if that is from some of his meds. Last night he was sitting here with his coat on and a blanket over him. We took a couple of nice walks today.

Tomorrow we are going to church, then we are going to the grocery. We've eaten out, and I feel I've done ok, especially after getting weighed earlier. I was the same! Pleasantly surprised.

Tina, you'll get rid of that pound soon. The restaurant here where we are staying is having a special Valentine's Day meal. Not sure if we'll do that or not. How is Larry feeling??
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, it's so good to hear from you. I was wondering how things were going. I'm glad Bob is going to church with you. (It sounds like he's going.)
Please tell us all about your condo!

Larry is doing great. He seems better every day. When I think about how weak and bad he was just 4 weeks ago, it's such a blessing that he's doing so well. He had a phone conference with his boss. She said that as soon as he gets the "okay" from a doctor, he can start working from home!
I don't mind driving him any place, but, that will be nice letting him work here, until he can drive again. (He's got to get the collar off and have therapy on his neck before driving again.)

How is everyone else doing????
Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #4  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Doing well on this end. We celebrated Teresa's 2nd birthday yesterday. I indulged just a little and I'm not sure I'll be doing much better today with it being Super Bowl. I will try my best though. If I don't do well, I will be back on plan first thing Monday morning. I'm looking forward to a loss this week. We'll see when Thursday comes.

Tina - Glad to hear that Larry is doing well. All I can say is God is good.

Tammy - I hope Bob gets to feeling better. I hate being cold and I can only imagine how it is for him. Continue to enjoy your vacation.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #5  

Yes, Bob is going with me. I wish he would do that at home though. The condo is nice. It is an end unit, so no one on one side of us. When you walk in the door, there is a foyer with a small table with a mirror above it. Very welcoming. To the left and back is the bedroom. It has a queen size bed (we are used to a king, so this has been interesting), 2 nightstands, a chest of drawers, and a large closet with shelving at one end. The bathroom is off the bedroom. It is a bit small and has a very loud vent! Back at the foyer if you go through the opening, you enter the living area. It is nice. Sofa, chair, end tables and coffee table. The sofa has a hide-a-bed, so Tim will have a bed when he comes to visit. This room is open to the dining area and the kitchen. There is a breakfast bar between the dining and kitchen, but there aren't any stools. The kitchen is nice - full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, cupboards. At the back of this large area are windows and sliding doors to the patio. There are a couple of chairs and a small table out there. From our patio, we can see trees and a playground area. I haven't seen any kids here, so I don't think it will be used much.

There are laundry rooms in a couple of the buildings here, but there isn't one in ours. It isn't that far to walk though.

The unit above ours is getting new carpet, so that was noisy yesterday and already this morning. Hope they get finished today.

That is great that Larry will be able to work from home! And I am so thankful that he is feeling better!!!!!!!

Dori, happy birthday to Theresa! I forgot all about the super bowl! I know there are a few places here on the island having parties, but I don't think we'll be going to any. Bob can watch the game here, and I can always read or something. Who are you rooting for in the game?
Matt Light, who plays for the Patriots, is from close to home. His mother was Tim's elementary music teacher.

I guess I need to get a shower and get ready for church. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Dori, I'm so glad the party went well. How was the Mexican food?
Tammy, your condo sounds great! How soon will Tim get to come down there? Oh, I hope his cold went away quickly.
Susan, how are the little animals?
Kelly, Cdonley, Nikki---let us know what's going on.
Maureen, how is Canada?

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes for Larry.

I guess we'll watch a little of The Game. We don't care about NY Giants. I think Larry wants New England to continue their streak.
I am going to make some hot cheese dip to go with our baked chips.
Hope everyone keeps having a good day.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #7  

Tina, Tim will be here on the 21st, and he'll leave the 24th. Looking forward to having him here. Planning to have a couple home-cooked meals while he is here. I know he misses my spaghetti. lol

Bob watched part of the game, but he was flipping back and forth between stations.

Today we got up and took a nice walk. Once we got back to the condo, I wasn't feeling very well. I spent most of the day sleeping. I think it's partially from the fibromyalgia. Maybe the driving and riding finally caught up with me. Bob made supper, and then he went to do laundry. I walked over to the laundry room and back since I was feeling a bit better. I'm sure I'll be in bed early tonight.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

did everyone miss me?????
Evidently not since only Tammy wrote last night!

I couldn't connect to the internet yesterday or this morning!!!! Talk about panic.
It turned out to be a bad phone jack. The guy fixed it in no time today. Now I'm baaack!

Tammy, I am sure you are feeling the driving and all. Please stay in bed and sleep today and take it easy. I'm so glad Bob cooked and washed for y'all.
Let me know how you're feeling today.

Where is everyone!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #9  

Tina, don't you hate it when you can't get online?? I have started coughing now, and my whole body aches. We went away for a while today, but we came back sooner than we wanted since I wasn't feeling well. It was a beautiful day, and I feel like we totally wasted it since I felt yucky. Tim called earlier, but we couldn't talk long. He is going to call back about 11:00, but I don't know if I can stay awake that long. The cold medicine I took made me feel worse, so I don't know what to take now. I don't want to be sick! I want to go places!!!!

We ended up ordering a pizza for supper. We ended up throwing most of it away. It was really greasy. We won't be getting one from there again. I should have just had soup or something.

I agree. Where is everyone???
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/see tickers/175

Quote:
I agree. Where is everyone???
Hola! Long time no talk!

The weeks are flying and suddenly I think, has it really been over a week since I posted?

Tammy - Hope you are feeling better. We've got a bit of the cough/cold yuckiness going around our house too. Hopefully you will feel better so you can go places!

Not much else going on here - I'm actually headed to my meeting today since it is a day off. My eating has been good - but the exercising is lacking! I guess I just need to get up earlier - because I'm beat at the end of the day. Night-time exercising doesn't work for me right now!

Last edited by cdonley; 02-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.
cdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/244/160

Height: 5'3"

I just signed up on 3 fat chicks today, I also started back to ww last month. And I weigh in on Thursdays, so I guess this is where I need to be. Hello everyone!
dali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Dori

cdonley, I agree about time flying by. Good for you with your eating. Night is not my time to exercise, either. I've got to be fresh.

dali, welcome to our group!!!!! We are so glad you found us. Please join in and enjoy the fun here. We also have a Weigh-In Results thread.

Kelli and Nikki, I miss y'all. What's up?
Susan, how are you feeling? How is Pat doing?
Tammy, I hope you feel better and are having a blast. Hopefully your weather is good.
Larry graduated from rehab today. When his soft collar comes off, he'll need more. That might be in another two weeks. We hope!

Old 02-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #13  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Tina - Thanks. Still doing good even though we've had 2 birthdays. I'm looking for a loss tomorrow morning.

Tammy - Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling that well. Hope you're better in no time.

CDonley - I know what you mean about the exercising lacking. Perhaps I'll get it together one day.

Dali - Welcome!! We're glad to have you.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #14  

cdonley, I agree about the night time exercising except when I'm doing the water aerobics class at the Y. I'll be ready to get back into that.

I have been getting up and walking while we've been gone until today. The Nyquil really knocked me out, so I slept late today, which was a good thing. I finally took a walk about noon. I've taken some daytime cold meds today, and Bob and I both think I'm sounding better. Nyquil again at bedtime!

Welcome to Dali! We are almost neighbors! Well, I live in Ohio, so that's close!

It sprinkled a little on our way home from supper tonight, but the rest of the day was beautiful. breezy. Yesterday it was in the 80's so we really enjoyed that!

Dori, have you ever been to the outlet mall at Darien? We were thinking about driving up there one day. I know it isn't far from here. There's a plantation place between Brunswick and Darien that Bob would like to go see too. We'll do that when I'm feeling better. I'm glad we are here for the month and not just a week cause I sure have felt icky the past few days.

Tina, congrats to Larry!!!! I know when Bob was "released" from his therapy, it was such a relief!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I seem to get lost at the beginning of each month. Sorry!!!!

Well nothing really new here. Pat has had the bug that's going around. Out of my class of 2, one has had it. My assistant has had it. A mom has had and now...... guess who has it???? ME!!!! I got to school today only to leave at 9 this morning. I wouldn't have gone in but with my kids being so unique change is hard. Plus they can't get subs. One of my friends came in and watched my student, since one was out. She pulled her kids and had them come in so she could watch my one student. I still feel lousy but I think I will go tomorrow because of course no subs, my assistant is going to be out and one of my students. So it will just be me and my girl......

The guinea pigs are doing good. I think the momma might be pregnant since she was exposed to the male when they got dumped off. I sure hope she isn't but I guess we will know soon enough.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote