Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Default Bad choices

Yesterday I changed up my breakfast a little, I ate more calories but got hardly any protein, which I didn't think about until later. I was starving all day (even with snacks/lunch) then when I went to the gym I felt exhausted. I went home a little early from the gym and I got shaky. I realized after the fact that my problem was I didn't get enough protein during the day. I ended up eating pizza last night because it was quick, it was a Light pizza... all in all I consumed almost 2,000 calories yesterday which is way too high if I want to lose weight. I don't really feel that bad about it though, i should have chosen something other than pizza but I didn't want to wait for a chicken breast to cook. Bad me, but at least I learned something from the situation. I MUST HAVE protein incorporated into my breakfast. I feel much better today.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #2  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

I've been messing up on my diet too. I don't know why, but ever since I changed up my diet a bit, I've been sick to my stomach and light headed and have no energy during the day. I didn't change it too much, but I think I changed it enough to mess with my body....lol. BTW, what kind of menu do you have for weight loss. I normally have 1 bagel with fat free cream cheese and 1 cup of 1% milk. For lunch I have a while sandwich on wheat bread. I use sandwich spread because I just can't give that up and I put turkey and cheese on it. For dinner I normally have chicken or pork, and a ton of green vegies and a small serving of starch (i.e. potatoes or pasta) then I have a handful of carrots for snack at night.
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

peach what do you eat for breakfast? I usually eat only fruit because I have no good ideas but I wouldn't mind increasing my protein intake.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

We live. We learn.

It's awesome that you were able to single out something that threw you off yesterday. Now you know what you need to incorporate in order to succeed!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #5  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I also need some protein in the morning if I don't want to be starving and exhausted by 2pm. Here are some ideas.

For this last grocery shopping excursion my breakfasts are (I say are, because I can split it up, have one at 7:30 and the other at 10)

*egg white ommelette (4 egg whites, onion, tomato, broccoli, spinach) with 1/3 cup of medium salsa and if I need extra protein one thing of string cheese

*oatmeal - I'm lucky I can just put splenda and cinnamon

*light and fit yogurt with 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal

*kashi ww waffles with strawberries and light sugar free syrup

*fiber one cereal with light chocolate soymilk

*protein shake made with light cottage cheese or plain light yogurt

I just choose two for the day depending on whether I'm lifting or not (I need some extra calories when I lift) and on lifting days I'm under 450 calories for the morning and on non lifting days under 400 calories. For example, today I lift so I had the ommelette with string cheese and one slice of 35 calorie ww bread and oatmeal at 7:30 in the morning. I'm at 430 calories according to Fitday.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Eves; 02-05-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yep! You have to get enough protein... A breakfast that's only carbs, with no protein or fats, will leave you light headed by 10 a.m.

archy's examples are good!

navywife, you might check your calorie counts. It looks like you might be pretty low on calories for the day, and that might make you feel sick--you could have hypoglycemia.

We can always make better choices!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  

What works well for me is a serving of cottage cheese (1/2 cup) and about a 1/2 cup of some kind of fruit. Right now I eat canned fruit that is rinsed, and I always buy the "lite". I will eat FRESH fruit when it's in season. I am a super picky eater. So I have that for breakfast, I eat a string cheese and special K granola bar for a snack, for lunch I have soup or leftovers (I am still working on what to eat that's low cal for lunch). For dinner I try to eat fish or chicken and a big old pile of veggies (no starch for dinner). What threw me off yesterday was I had honey bunches of oats cereal with fruit for breakfast, the milk wasn't enough protein and there was too much sugar.

Last edited by peachcake; 02-05-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #8  

Just thought I'd say... I am feeling FANTASTIC compared to this time yesterday....
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Isn't it amazing the things our bodies tell us, if we only listen???

I do much better eating oatmeal for breakfast than cold cereals. I tried shredded wheat and Kashi-go-lean. Both failed to satisfy me for long. I agree that my breakfast needs some protein. I drink a glass of milk, sprinkle some seeds/nuts on top of the oatmeal, or have a plain yogurt. I also eat some fruit.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

A lot of people don't think about this, but you don't *have* to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. I am not a big fan of most breakfast foods and so often I'll have a 1/2 a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread or a leftover piece of grilled chicken for breakfast.

I also am not a big fan of sweets in the morning, so I'll put cheese and pepper in my oatmeal instead of sugar or sweetener.

Think outside the "breakfast" box and you'll be surprised at what protein rich things you can come up with.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #12  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

Not everyones cup of tea for breakfast but I quite like a tin of tuna on two rye crackers - very filling and keeps me going for hours.

Boo x x
DeliciousBoo is offline   Reply With Quote