Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Default New year = new bodies

This is a support thread for those of us who want to get in shape and lose weight in 2008! It's a fun friendly place where you can check in and post your progress and come for some support! Any and all plans welcome! Let's do this together!

2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #2  

I guess I better tell a bit a bout myself! I have 3 kids and am trying to lose weight and get healthy so I can try for a 4th. I started my journey on jan 14th 2008 and am doing my own thing but basically low cal and low carb.

I have a bad relationship with my scale (Mr. Scary) he seems to pull random numbers out of a hat with no rhyme or reason!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know some new peopel and hopefuly seeing some old ones!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #3  

hey 2b2 thanks for the invite. I added this page to my faves!!!
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #4  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Okay ladies I found ya Was starting to feel better this afternoon and now my head is full of pressure again . I need to get over this cold fast...I'm to willing to cheat when i'm feeling so blah
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #5  

T- how do you add faves?
L- I'm starting to feel better I hope you do to!

My sis came by this afternoon for a surprise visit. Anyways she is my size 2 sister so I started telling her about my diet. And she was very encouraging anyways she told me she didn't think 125 was realistic because it is quite thin. She thought 135- 140 was more realistic and I woudl still be quite thin for my height. she also revealed that she weighed in at 125 this morning and she is shorter than me. I woudl be very content to be even 20 lbs more than her so I am going to change my goal weight to 135! What do you all think?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #6  
Day 1 back on plan...

I think you should see how you feel as you lose. You never know you could feel smokin hot @ 150. As you hit your small goals think I'd like to see how I'd feel/look after losing another ___ whatever your number happens to be. I don't have a set goal weight. If I happen to get under 199 before TTC #2 i have no idea what the next goal will be. As I get closer I'm sure it will come to me. The more goals you hit the more rewards you should get ....and with having the tickers it's pretty nice to see it say you've hit a goal. You could always ask your doctor @ your next appt what s/he thinks a healthy weight would be for you....can't fail there with your health being their #1

Last edited by Losing4another; 02-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #7  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

hey all. Hope you're up for a newbie I'm currently working toward being the healthiest and most fit I can be. I'd love to shock and impress my dh when he gets home from Iraq this coming winter {sched. for homecoming around Christmas Eve but it's the Army, KWIM?} but all in all so long as i'm there he'll be thrilled. Anyways I just want to become the best me I can be, lame as that sounds.

I just started lifting free weights, and am also getting back to utilizing the Firm's TransFIRMation series, which I started then stopped after 3 sessions due to a bout with depression after dh left for immersion training. Other than that, I'm trying to eat more clean, fresh, non-processed foods and serve the same to my family. I haven't lost any weight in about two months, almost 3 now and it's frustrated me to no end.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #8  

Default hey all

2b2,to favorites under your address line and click it then click ok and you are done!
l,so try steam to loosen you up, I always have great results from nasal saline.
m, WELCOME we are a good group here and would love to keep you company on your journey. How long has dh been gone?
Great day ladies!!!
Tara
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #9  

I agree with you L- I'm going to see how I feel but I still feel like I need a goal so I changed my ticker to 135 and I will reevaluate as I go along. Also I'm considering TTC #4 sooner rather than letter. I interviewed a nanny yesterday who I love but I had sort of made up my mind that I wasn't going to go back to work until DD was 18 months but then I heard about this girls ..long story. And now I feel like I shoudl grab her as a nanny while I can because she won't be around in 6 months on the other hand I don't really want to go back to work yet! I'm so confused!! I need advice in this area too! Also I did ask a doc about my weight and they said 143 woudl be a good goal.

MKAT WTG on all the weight you have lost already!! That is amazing that you will get to surprise DH!! Does he know you are dieting? How much did you weigh when he left? How many kids do you have? It coudl be your not losing because your buiding muscle! Do you take your measurements? Also are you doing any cardio? I find for me if I don't do cardio I don't lose. After my last baby I joined a postnatal class and was working out 2-3x a week and didn't lose a lb! Then I took a break from it and started doing my own thing with walking and cardio etc and the pounds have been flying off!! 204 this morning!!

T- oh on the pc I thought it was a 3FC thing. I just subsrcibe so I get an email when someone posts and then I can come on!

We got 25 cm of snow last night and Dh was late for work so he couldn't shovel!! II'm hoping school will be cancelled but DD will probably cry her eyes out as they are supposed to have a masquerade ball this afternoon and today is hot lunch day. lasagne with cesar salad and hocolate milk!!! I can't top that!

Well at least shovelling burns calories!! Better get to it!!

I haven't done crunches in 2 days can somoene kick my but!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #10  
Day 1 back on plan...

Mkat- welcome....what a wonderful goal. For you and him both. Congrats on 40 pounds lost.

T~ Yes steam does help ...that must be why when I get out of the shower I feel great then as the day goes I get all clogged up again.

B~ WOW 204 you go girl. My scale is slowing going up I"m not tracking and guessing isn't cutting it. It's just by the end of the day when I'm feeling at my worst I really don't care what I'm eating.
It's your body you will know what weight is just right for you. The doctors goal isn't far off from your own. Try not to stress it...all goals can be changed if you change your mind down the road.
Can't say on the nanny ...thats a tough call either way
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #11  

L- Your scale is going up? Did you go to your meeting yesterday? Maybe you shoudl start tracking your points again! Also are you planning your meals? I strongly suggest some soups while you are sick. Hearty ones that will fill you up. Do you like any soups at all? My hard time is at night so
I try to have my chocolate and pb then cause I'm trying to eat my carbs wearlier in the day.

I have to talk to DH about the nanny again but every time we do we just end up not making a decision!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #12  

sorry 2b2 this was the closest I could get!!!LOL
T

Last edited by bgbrwnys101; 02-06-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #13  

That will do the trick!! I'm going to get on those crunches!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #14  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Does he know you are dieting? I'm not really dieting per se. We have made alot of changes to our daily eating and our outlook on food over the last year and I'm just basing things from there.

How much did you weigh when he left? sadly, the same I do now

How many kids do you have? 3 girls. the two oldest have birthdays this month and they'll be 9 and 7 respectively. Then the little one will be 3 in August.

It coudl be your not losing because your buiding muscle! Do you take your measurements? I wish I were building more muscle but my measurements have stayed the same for the past year

Also are you doing any cardio? other than laps around walmart, not really. There's not enough room in the room I made into a weight room to add much more than a seated exercise bike, and will be doing so as soon as I get back from Dh's formal deployment ceremony & 4 day leave at the end of this month. I'll also be joining the Y and taking part in their personal training program, spinning classes and group aquarobics as much as possible

I lost 50 lbs prior to my last pg, then gained 25 lbs that didn't go away. A rough year followed and I dropped another from not eating and being outside in 100 plus degree heat without respite 5 days a week {long story I'd rather not think about. Then more stress hit and the weather cooled too much to be outside. We reached a point where we could afford to feed ourselves and our kids at the same time, and I found comfort from the stress of our ordeal in food. It added another 10-15 depending on the scale. I've managed to drop back to 194/195 but seem stuck here

Last edited by mkat321; 02-06-2008 at 10:04 PM.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #15  
Day 1 back on plan...

2B~ No I didn't go to my meeting yesterday or today I will go Friday morning. I wish I would have went to my tuesday meeting to see my regular pals but I didn't want to get them sick. I am feeling better today though. Your right I do need to start tracking again....I didn't track today either. Tomorrow for sure. I do like some soups....I just don't care for a lot of the canned ones and i wasn't up to cooking.
Speaking of chocolate I was looking for something for V-day for dh and found a three pound chocolate heart YUMMY. I knew better than to buy it ...I will not lie though I sooo wanted to. I could probably finish it in a week maybe sooner I will not see dh for v-day so I bought him some chocolates and a card ......when I pack his bag to leave for the week I'm going to hide it on the bottom and tell him to look for it on v-day.

Mkat- I'm sure when you get more on plan with eating the scale will start to move again.

T- you crack me up

What does everyone plan to do for dh on V-day? I never know what to do even when hes here.