Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default this is my distraction

distraction, distraction, distraction. i am using the forum as a distraction right now. about 15 feet away from me are two of my downfalls... my co-worker's homemade chocolate chip cookies (oh so yummy) and her amazing cheeseball!! we are having a special lunch for a woman who is leaving our office today and there is amazing food filling our kitchen (especially the cookies and cheeseball!). i am staying out of the kitchen. i did have one cookie and three crackers with a little bit of cheeseball on them. not a lot. and definitely not like last monday when we had our staff meeting! there were no cookies then, but the cheeseball was there and i at a LOT, probably at least 10 crackers with a lot of cheeseball on them. i am waiting for my friend to call me. we are going to go to the ymca on our lunch break and walk/jog on the track for 20-30 minutes. i'm excited about doing that. i'm going to find out more about being a member while i'm there to. i think it's about $30/month for me and my daughter. i'm going to be paying $5 every time i go with my friend as her guest, so i might as well become a member and be able to go more. plus i can sign up for classes and they will only be $10 instead of $70. my 19-month-old loves swim lessons but we haven't done them for the last few sessions because we didn't have the $50 to do it, but if i'm a member it will only cost $10. anyhow, i'm still not in the kitchen! the longer i stay out the more the guys will eat and then it will be gone when i have to go in there to leave!! good plan. staying on track. staying out of the kitchen. keeping the unhealthy food out of my mouth. focusing on tomorrow morning's weigh-in. i'm doing good.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

You're doing awesome! Don't give in. Good plan for lunch. Remember those "treats" don't taste as good as thin feels! This is a good post for me as well, since I'm feeling "snackey" today. This makes me more determined as well. Be strong, we can do it!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Good for you! I work in an office alone for the most part, I work with 4 guys but they never bring snacks in. So the only thing tempting me are the snacks I brought from home... string cheese and a granola bar. Yum. I am going to lunch with my Mom today, we usually go somewhere healthy so I'm excited for that too.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there! You can do it! Stay out of that kitchen! Step away from that dangerous food!

The Y is a great place--I had a membership there and went 5-6 days a week. Loved it! (I moved and am trying to get started with a new gym.)

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

yea!!! i did it! i stayed out of the kitchen (outside of the one cookie and three crackers with cheeseball spread)! my friend and i walked a very brisk mile. i tried to get her to job some, i jogged about one lap and made her catch up, she only jogged about 1/4 of a before she wanted to be done with that. surprises me too, she only weighs about 130 pounds, i'm in the 280's and i can run longer than she can. i realize that weight doesn't really correspond to fitness level, but it was still strange to me that she couldn't jog more than that. anyhow, i left and had my healthy turkey on wheat sandwich, grapes, and water. so i avoided the office tasties, had my own yummy lunch and am now done with the office for the day. by tomorrow all the food will be gone because the guys will inhale it all today!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Well Done!!!!! Staying away was a good idea. So is joining the gym, it will give you something esle to do at break times and it sounds like you really enjoyed it. So will baby. Taking your own lunch will help as well, and will also save the money so you can afford the gym. Keep it up, you are worth it.
Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I work at home, good thing as that would be so tempting... at least at home I can control my snacks and not have junk right in front of me - except when I pass by restaurants and stop.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

WTG! Ahhhh, I miss the Y! It was close to my work and had fun classes plus I didn't have to pay (my stepfather's job did)!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Good job! Your will power is amazing
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote