Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Argh! Climbing back on the horse!

So ever since Christmas, I've sorta-semi-slacked on everything. Part of it has to do with my living situation and part of it has to do with a general sense of apathy.

I've hovered the same weight since early November - fluctuating 3-5 pounds in either direction. So I guess I'm thankful that I haven't really gained back any weight, but I'm not progressing any further towards my goal, either.

The living situation involves a roommate who has moved in and who brings junk food and things that tempt me into the house. Now, he shouldn't be penalized because I'm on a diet. I'm reluctant to tell him he *cannot* have these things in the house, but I know myself as well and I am having a hard time resisting temptation. A loaf of garlicky bread - I wind up having multiple slices. A bag of corn chips - I wind up eating 2 handfuls unconsciously while I'm watching TV. I have to get my self-control ... well .. under control!!!

The other thing is that my gym-buddy has been ill, first with bronchitis and now with a pinched sciatic nerve - so of course no gym for her. Last year I was motivated to go even when she didn't, but this year I just can't seem to push myself. And when I do go, I wind up doing 30-40 minutes of cardio, slacking my way through a measly 20 mins of weights, and skipping abs alltogether.

Someone please give me a kick in the a$$. I *KNOW* that this is good for me. I feel great when I'm eating as I should and hitting the gym regularly and hard. I love the way I look now (60+ lbs down and 35 to go) and I know I'll look even better if I get my act together. I have 2 tops in my closet for this spring/summer that are my "rewards" to fit into and the next big thing will be when I get to trade in my jeans and slacks (14s and 16s) for size 12s.

I can get there soon if I'd just buckle down.

So motivate me guys. I'm in serious need of a good talking to here.

THANKS!!!!!

Last edited by JayEll; 02-04-2008 at 02:02 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #2  
Meg

Congratulations on a couple of months of successful maintenance! That's a huge accomplishment and one you should be proud of.

OK, now it's time to finish the job. You posted about how good you feel when you're eating right and working out. You posted about warm weather and cute clothes. You're so close that you can taste it ... so now is the time to DO it! The hardest part is getting started, as we all know. Once you're back eating right and exercising, I guarantee you're going to ask yourself why you ever stopped.

Here's what to do: make a plan and then come and tell us about it. Post your menus and post your workouts. Make a public commitment to what you're going to do, follow through, and report back. We're all here cheering you on!

You deserve to be fit and healthy. You deserve cute clothes. You deserve the incredible feeling of working hard and reaching your goal. Just imagine how you'll feel when you've lost 100 pounds!! This is your life -- it's the only one you're getting to get -- and you deserve to be the best who you can be.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Meg says it all! Some strategies might be... to have separate cupboards where you and the roommate keep your own foods, so that the tempting foods are off limits... find another gym buddy... or learn to go by yourself! (Eventually, you'll have to do this anyway--it's your body.)

Do come back and post about your plan! How will you accomplish what you want?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

First of all, look at how far you have come! 60 lbs? That's amazing! Good luck on getting back...I think many of us fall in the holiday months
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #5  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

I gained 14 pounds over the hoildays and I am just starting to lose it now... too much good food and good living.

Try and have a bowl of fruit and veggie sticks around for when you get the munchies and keep focused on your long term weight goal - you have done fabulousy so far.

Well done X
DeliciousBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Well, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait until I'm where you are! And also, I think Meg has an excellent point: you didn't fall or fail or anything else... you were just trying out maintenance for a while! Also, Jayell's idea about having separate cabinets was my first thought, as well.

You've come so far! Keep going!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Thanks guys!

A small delay in getting back into routine - today I left work sick as a dog, threw up all afternoon, and now I'm running a fever of 101.8.

*sigh*

OTOH, when I do feel better it will be easier to wean back onto good foods and move away from the junk again. Broths and veggies and so forth.

Ok. Off to take more tylenol and drink more water.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Aw, I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #9  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Red face

I know what you mean about the roommate!
My roommate is constantly buying whole cakes, pies, gallons of ice cream, chips, etc. etc.
But now, I have gotten him to do weight watcher's with me...although he is definitely cheating on his points!

One thing that helps me is not putting the bad food in plain view. So all the bad foods that I don't want to eat are on higher shelves, in the back of the fridge, etc. This way I won't be tempted to grab for them when I see them, or have to see them when I am hungry!

If anything, just make sure you are portioning out the junk food you eat
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #10  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

Well, you gave me something to think about.... "I Have cheekbones!!!!" i cant wait to say that... so im here to motivate you... you can do it... you have the tool and the instructions, so build that new body and make everyone jealous!!! GO GET IT GIRL!!!! we are so proud of you and you should be too, and just think about that summer vacation!!
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote