Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5 feet 11 inches

Default i'm STUCK!!!

ok guys i seem to be stuck at 336. the scale just want seem to move, what should i do to get past this plateau. oh and for you guys who read my last post...i'm gonna get a trainer and work out three times a week. i'm so excited i start next week.
sugarcoatit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

How long have you been stuck at this weight? A true plateau will last for a few weeks or more.

What plan are you following? Do you know how many calories you have been eating per day?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

i've been eating about 1200 calories...and i'm doing low carbs. so far i've been stuck at this weight for about 2 1/2 weeks so far have not lost anything. at first the weight was falling off not its just not moving
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Yep, I agree with modkittn. IMHO, You started far far too low a calorie level for someone at your height/weight/age. I think you need to get your calorie count up to a reasonable level. That is the very first thing I would change.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #5  

Since you are still over 300 pounds, I would definitely up the calories to around 1500-1600 per day.

Also, I wouldn't consider what you are going through a plateau...more like a stall. It is very common for someone who is very overweight, to see very large losses in the first few weeks, and then it will slow down. It is also very common for a person losing weight (of any weight) to have a big weight drop, and then have a couple weeks where the scale doesn't move...and then another drop.

A 1-2 pound weight loss per week is considered a healthy level, but our bodies do not work like clockwork. It is very common to have a 3 pound loss one week, nothing the next, a 1 pound loss the next week, and none the next. Overall the average is a pound a week, if you average it out over the month.

Just be patient.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #6  

well the scaled moved today but in a bad way..i have gained six pounds..this really sucks...how can i increase my cals when i'm gaining weight on the 1200 i'm eating now....oh well
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #7  

First-don't weigh in too often. If you are truly eating 1200 calories a day, you are not gaining any fat. It is very normal to have the scale fluctuate up and down at times-so don't weigh too often.

It is very common to gain a couple pounds when your time of month is nearing/starting. It is also common to show a scale gain if you ate too much sodium recently, or if you are about due for a bathroom visit.

How often are you weighing in? If the fluctuations are making you crazy, weigh in only once per week.