Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Alternachicks Chat - February 2008

My goodness, look at me, forging ahead to the new month.

It makes me feel that I should write a tad more positively than my original intent upon logging in. Probably a good idea...

So, it's February now. I lost 3 pounds last month. Of course, not nearly what I wanted, however, what with the thinking positively and everything, it's better than having gained. So I'll take it and own it.

I've been in a terrible funk. Last weekend I dislocated my shoulder for the first time since having surgery on it in 2004. I was able to manipulate it back in place, fortunately. It hurts like a m*er f*er and has severly curtailed my activities. (Much to the disappointment of my dogs. In protest, Fritz chewed up The Buddha yesterday. This cannot be good for his karma!) I made a fast appointment with the surgeon who "repaired" my shoulder. He made a nasty face and has referred me to a colleague. I feel like I was shunted to the "problems" department, or sent to the vice-principle.

I have also discovered that I am apparently one of the very few people who experience a rash of red bumps on my face that itch like crazy in reaction to the sleepy drug Lunesta. Oh, it's lovely. But hey, I shall embrace this as an opportunity to learn something new about myself.

Goals for this month: focus, lose 5#, complete a couple of projects around the house, ace job interview next Monday, feel wonderful, stop scowling, spread cheer, conquer the universe etc.

How are you guys doing?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Happy February!

I've learned from the last month - which I suppose is 1/2 the battle. I'm moving forward and making up for not hitting goal last month by taking on those extra pounds into this months goal. A total of #10.2 to lose this month (#9.4 to go!) I have aggressive mini goals this month - I have to meet them! I know that if I stay OP the next 11 days and work my butt off (literally) I can do it! I set my mini-goal ticker to Valentine's day - but truly I want to be out of the #180's on my birthday - the 10th. If I stick with it I will be!

Heidi - keep at it. GOOD LUCK at the interview!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Yea, I only lost 3 lbs instead of the original 10 I wanted. I give up around dinnertime, so its back to the baby steps of planning out every single meal and snack. I even wrote up a checklist schedule with my snacks and exercise times on it and worked my school time in there, too. So, lots of positive thinking ladies, and bright blessings for this month!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  

gaia - I understand - i lost 3.8 of the 7 that I aimed for last month. I have a bad problem of punishing myself - which is now why I ahve to take and add those unto my goal for this month. It's still not unreasonable - but I have to really focus and work my butt off! I'm pushing myself hardcore this week - to get out of the #180's for my birthday (10th) We'll see.

I did a 10 min power yoga this mornign first thing - it really helped. i'm planning this as part of my schedule now - to do a 10 -15 mins. of focus every morning and a longer full body in the evening. (30-60 mins) We'll see how this all works out
Old 02-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

I lost 5 pounds in January and am trying more raw foods in my diet. This morning I lost 3 more pounds -- OH JOY!

no sig yet

116-----108----95

8 pounds lost, 13 pounds to go.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #6  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!
hope everything is going well for y'all! I got the inspiration I truely needed last night at the gym. There are two ladies who come in and work out together and I have said hello to them, I am shy in foreign territory. Last night they were doing I dont even know, they were in a sling thing with their arms and then bringing their knees up to their chest. Anyway I made the comment that was my new goal to be able to do one of those eventually. The one girl chuckled but seriously said we all started off there. I went back to what I was doing, and a couple of minutes later she came over to me and asked if I was on a program and if I wanted some help. She told me that 2 short years before she was the exact weight that I am now and I was truely amazed because she looks awesome. Strong and very healthy and I am guessing approximately the same age as me.
I thanked her and they both offered to help me .
Awesome.
Ginny
Old 02-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Great story, Ginny, I love it when someone reaches out like that! Those ab crunches they were doing are HARD, too!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 02-05-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #8  

Tyler - I love the concept & the catch phrase! I don't believe I've seen you around these arts before - so - and if I've just been oblivious then I'm sorry. :P

Hope all is well with everyone today - i'm doing good - staying on plan today quite well..

Talk to you all soon!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #9  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Default yo

Hello gals! So I haven't posted in a little over a month and guess what? I haven't lost any weight either. I think there is something that can be said from this. I believe it was a combination of the holidays, a really busy schedule, and the winter blues, but I am back and ready to do this thang. So a big hello to all you I don't know and to the ones I recognize still (Enygirl glad to see you are still working hard at it). I've been comfortably maintaining, but am about to dive right back in to my workout videos....and these threads if you all will have me.

Cheers
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey everyone! I am finally back on-line! Boy was I suffering from withdrawal as I can't even check in from work.

I am happy to say that I have lost 5lbs since January 1st -now I just have to keep myself motivated to lose more.

Heidi - I've been in a bit of a funk too - I think it is SAD, I've been trying to get out of the office to take walks at lunch but this past few days has been freezing rain or snow so no sign of sun.

Glad to see you back ollie!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #11  

Ollie & Mauv - WELCOME BACK! I'VE MISSED YOU! Hope all is well with you - nothing new to report - other than it's My Birthday week - so I'm celebrating all week long!.

I'll check back later. for all!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks any girl! Well, I blew it tonight by having wings and beer. But I will be exercising tomorrow so hopefully it will all balance out.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #13  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, school is already getting to me and we haven't even had an exam yet this term.

It's hard not to fall into the habit of not eating anything but a snickers bar or something from the vending machine when I remember I have to eat to live.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #14  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Thanks, Enygirl and Mauv! I had a coupla beers tonight but a good day so my cals weren't too far over. Just gotta move my arse around and I'll be fine. But like Zen, schools gettin to me. Mainly the schedule. It takes time to steam veggies and cook couscous and it's so easy too order a pizza and wait while I do homework. I feel good though. Looking for the groove, looking for the groove.

Tis good you found the inspiration, Ginny. I'm searching for it. Had it then it went somewhere. Hmmmm....

Night guys. Check back in on the morrow.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #15  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well today is weigh in day at work, think i did well but not sure. I sure have been working hard, drinking lots of water and watching my calories so should be good. Working 8am to 12pm and then off to Halifax with my daughter and two other girls for two nights. Going to see Hedley! Will be fun even if I am taking 3 teenage girls.
Hugs to all
Ginny
Closed Thread