View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
PhotoChick

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

1. What are your biggest fears and frustrations with being overweight?

For me, fear and frustration are two completely separate entities:

Being overweight frustrates me for a lot of reasons. I can't buy cute clothes. I can't wear things that make me feel sexy and attractive. I don't want to buy pretty undies or flirty bras (not that I fit into flirty bras right now). I don't want to be completely naked in front of my guy. There are things that I cannot do because of my weight and being out-of-shape. There are things that I can do but that are uncomfortable due to the same and so I don't do them.

I'm afraid of being overweight for health reasons. Strokes and high blood pressure and diabetes run in my family. I'm a poster child for all of it if I don't get my weight under control. I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it (despite my success so far) or maintain it and that it will be something that I've failed at.

2. What are you the most embarassed to admit - even to yourself?

What I'm the most embarassed to admit is that I LET myself get to this point. I'm embarased to admit that I had so little self control and so little self-esteem that I just pretended that I didn't weigh as much as I did and thought it would be ok.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote