South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Rainy days and Mondays..................................

The day had better get better than this, so far I'm starting off on the wrong foot! I typed a nice witty post and it dissappeared on me.

I'm hoping this caffeine kicks in so I can feel a little enthusiasm about going to Curves this morning. I have to go. Yesterday Amber brought over a cake that she made all by herself, and she was proudly grinning from ear to ear. She cut and served it with great ceremony, even making little origami thingys with the napkins, and well, I just had to eat it, didn't I? All that sugar is really making me crash.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Aw. What a sweetie! There's something about the love that goes into the those special cakes that makes them semi-worthwhile!

I spent the day packing things up and getting ready for the big movearoo. The big kids are all packed (except for what's in the laundry) but I still have to do Avery's stuff and my things. That's tomorrow's project. I can't believe it's almost time to go!

Hope you all have a nice Monday!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday Morning chickies

It's real foggy here but temps are suppose to get to 80*

Cottage heres some to get through that sugar crash and go to curves

Kara good luck with getting everything packed

Me - not much for me today except the usual work and then this evening dh and I will take a 30 min walk through the neighborhood.

Whats goin on today for the rest of you chicks?

Last edited by GONNABE165; 02-04-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth! I saw you post in the February weight loss thread! How are you feeling???

Hey Gonna! Have a nice walk this evening! I'm hoping the weather is nice enough while we're home that I can get out with my sisters for some walks around town.

Kara
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Here's a little more in case the first cup didn't cut it.

Kara So exciting about the move. What day do you leave?

Gonna How are you feeling?

Me Well, the last week was about as off plan as you get. I have discovered that I need the accountability of my scale. On a good note I went to pick up my dress and found that in the 3 months since I ordered it I have gotten one size smaller So I choose to focus on that and get right back on plan today. Have a great day everyone.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #6  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning all, up alittle early this morning.
Kara-I remember those days of packing. I honestly miss it though. Sounds funny but I miss the military life even if you have to pack and leave anytime you make friends and get comfortable. I just look at it like I have friends around the world. I miss it though. It was a time to "CLEAN HOUSE".
Everyone-hope everything is going well today.
Me-not much. Same ol same ol. my boys have projects to do that is due today because of 100 days of school. They wanted to play around all weekend and didn't get it done. So....who's up early this morning? me and the boys. Hope they learn their lesson. Do you know if there's a tracker for good eatings? or full days of good eatings?
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

What a foggy, icky morning we are having!

Cottage Hope you found the "get up and go" to goto Curves, if you found it will you send it my way?

Kara Packing UGH! I bet everyone is getting excited!

Gonna Have a great day!

Dawn So since you picked up your dress are things back on again? I thought I was keeping up, maybe not! LOL

TK Nothing like those early morning, last minute projects!

Me My eating was awful this weekend!!! I'm convinced keeping it off is harder than getting it off! I guess that is one reason I still weigh daily, at least I have the bitter truth there on the scales telling me to shape up! Back on track today after all I got a cute new haircut this weekend, gotta keep the whole package right?

With interest rates dropping we have already got 36 refinances to do this month I need to clone myself!

Have a great day chicks, I will TRY to get back here later!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Dawn congrats on that dress victory. I am feeling great thanks for asking

Hiya tk

Wow Stephanie you have a busy month heres some to help you through

I heard from the surgeon and he has set me up an apt for my MRI tomorrow morning
Old 02-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Gonna I'm glad you're doing better. I'll be thinking sending healthy vibes your way tomorrow.

Stephanie Even I can't keep up with what's going on. We're talking and that's a step in the right direction. I had to pick up the dress because it was paid for and of course no refunds. Good luck with the refi's.

tkglenn

I'm off to work. I think the Monday after Superbowl Sunday should be called a holiday. Maybe I'll start a petition and get the Hallmark people to back me
Have a great day.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #10  
Trying it again....

Hello everyone!!!!!

My 6 month old just learned how to roll over within the past week and that's all he does now-----all day long he's rolling onto his belly and gets frustrated because he can't get back over. I think he likes it on his belly sometimes because he'll roll over and just laythere and watch tv like that.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Thanks Dawn! Be sure to pass that petition my way.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks. The kids are off, the house is quiet, and I've got my coffee and a piece of baked oatmeal. Ahhhh.
I hope I do better with the baked oatmeal than the Nessa Bars. I made those last week, and had some portion control issues. I couldn't figure out why, when I'd never had a problem with them before. Then I realized that DH likes them too, so when I made them before, I was lucky to get a second serving from a batch. Left on my own, I ate them all in two days.

Sometimes you just gotta have a piece of cake, cottage. Today is a new day!
Kara, I'd make a terrible military wife. I still am not all the way unpacked from our move 5 years ago.
Gonna, good luck with the MRI.
Dawn, congrats on the dress NSV!
Stephanie, I'm sure it must be true that keeping it off is harder. I hope to find that out for myself one day!
TK, that's a terrible way to start a week. Hope it gets better!

This will be a busy week, as my contract expires on Friday, and I've got to be ready for a possible turnover. Hopefully we will get the new contract award before that and all will go on as normal, but if we don't, I'll have to be ready to hand off my job to someone else and make some decisions about my future. I'm not too stressed over it, it'll all turn out for the best.

Well, the cat has a stomach upset, so I must go get out the mop. Now there's a great way to start the week! Hope yours is starting out better.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoo, good luck with work this week! Tom's looking to get a contracting position when he retires in a couple years and I'm wondering how stressful it will be. One nice thing about the military is that you really have to work to get "fired" - the job security is pretty good as far as that goes. It'll be strange to transition into the "real world".

Tawnya, you're so right. We clean house a lot! This will be our ninth move in eight and a half years of marriage! (And Schmoodle, there are always still boxes left that never got unpacked every time we are packing up to move somewhere new. It really makes you evaluate what you can and can't live without. For example, I have learned this year that I really NEED a food processor! I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on that thing!)

Dawn, way to go on dropping an entire size! I'm sure you look gorgeous in your dress. Ever see that "Friends" episode where Monica and Phoebe dress up in the gowns? I love "Friends"! We leave on Wednesday, by the way. Getting on the bus bright and early at 0630!

Stephanie, nothing like a fresh new haircut to keep you on track! Good luck muddling through all the paperwork this month! Maybe you could hire Schmoodle if her contract thing doesn't work out. That would be funny - her husband would get back and they'd be halfway across the country!

Going to watch an episode of "Bones" and then hit the sack. Lots to do tomorrow!

Kara
Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I hope it's a happy Monday for everyone!

Cottage: That was very sweet of Amber - and of course you had to eat it! I hope you enjoyed Curves since I know you went!

Kara: Goodness! I really had no idea that the move was so soon! It sounds like you're really on top of things, though. I hope packing for you goes well tomorrow!

Gonna: I'm glad they set up an MRI appt. I hope they really explain for you what's going on! Enjoy your walk with DH tonight!

Dawn: Congrats on your dress being smaller! That's wonderful! I'm with you - I need today to recover and work out - A LOT. I didn't do too poorly and really only ate off plan yesterday, but that's enough for me! Hope you have a great on-plan day!

tkglenn: My DH was like that up until he handed in his masters' thesis. They never learn! Hope they got it done in time!

Stephanie: Sounds like you'll be busier than me this month. I hate to say it, but it's kind of a relief! Hope all the refinancing goes smoothly for you and the clients involved!

Schmoodle: Sorry about the cat, and the Nessa bar overload, and the possible turnover situation. But, you have a great attitude about it all and you're right, it will turn out for the best!

Me: Not much going on today. Work, then turn in an assignment at lunch, then work, then ceramics class until 9 pm. I worked like a dog yesterday to get homework done and actually only caught the last 2 minutes of the Super Bowl! The good thing is, I'm one assignment ahead in my Tech Ed class, so if I keep this up, I'll be able to take it easy a little after all my weekends out of town this month.

Well, I'd better get to work. Staff meeting this morning and I need to print agendas and calendars! Have a great day!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #15  
Trying it again....

Kara-yeah, we never had leftover boxes either. My DH got out of the military about 2 years ago and totally regrets it. He says that anyone that gets out/retires should get a GS job or something that has to do with federal government. I guess he's so used to the structure of the military that he's having a really really hard time adjusting to civilian life (and it's been over 2 years). He's been in the military since he graduated from high school so he hasn't really even had a taste of civilian life till he got out and he's struggling HARD. He's gonna try for the Dallas Police Department this month.