General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #1  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default February SlimFasters

Well Well Well...I bet some of you thought I had dropped off the face of the planet. Nope! Just off the wagon for a bit. I hope you're all doing well and I'm so glad to see so many new people on the SF thread. I'm hear to tell you that this plan works and it's the best plan I've used so far, especially when it comes to the price! LOL

I've been going practically crazy these past few months. Who knew planning your own wedding would be so hard? I've finally caved and hired an even coordinator who also happens to be a friend. I've picked up a second job as I really want to pay cash for everything and not use credit to get married. Just seems like a bad idea to start out a new life (even though we've been living together for like 2 years) with getting into debt. Either way I'm getting very excited and things are starting to really come together.

My gown is in but I have a grace period and don't go for my first fitting until March 28. So basically I have 8 weeks to get rid of another 15-20 lbs. I think I can do it if I keep losing at a rate of 1-2lbs/week. I gained back 7lbs over the holidays but have taken it back off in the last 3 weeks. Ideally I'd like to see 180 by the wedding (which is totally doable), but I would need to lose until my dress fitting and then stall until after the wedding on June 1 otherwise it will be too big by the wedding.

Anyhow I promise I'll keep in touch as I need all the support I can get with all the madness and I love to feed off of all of your positive energy.

BTW: Jax...do you know if Sheryl had her baby?

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Long time no see Tamara - glad to see you are still around and working hard...been awhile since I saw you - but I am eating soooo much better since then (gosh, was it back in November??) incorporating more fruits, veggies, and whole grains into my diet.

My new food item this week is Kashi Vive cereal - it is pro-biotic - however, that's not why I got it - I got it for the fiber - 12 grams of it - and I LOVE this cereal - I haven't had a cereal this good in forever! I feel good and full after eating it and ...honestly...I wish it was all I ate right now....but that wouldn't be healthy would it? haha

Well, I'll leave you as I dream of my Rich Chocolate Royale for breakfast...yum!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #3  
Changing My Lifestyle

Default Another Day Another....Pound! Whew!

I did my weigh in today for SF and am sitting firmly at 202! I had a weigh in of 202.5 this week so I knew it would be around 202 for Saturday. That's 7.5lbs in three weeks of being back on SF. Yeah!

I absolutely can't wait to see a ONE at the beginning of my weight. I can't believe it's only going to be a nother week or two for that milestone. My fiance is so funny. I put on my new size 16 pants to go to work this morning and he kept grabbing my butt (sorry if that's TMI) and then he said "How much more weight are you gonna lose?". I just laughed and told him "Hopefully another 15-25 before the wedding and then down to at least 150 after the wedding. My secret goal is to weigh less than him and that only means 165 or so. But I also know that that is still overweight for my height so I've got a lower long-term goal.

I missed working out last night because of a meeting, but I'm going to do my beach body yoga tonight when I get home and then do some serious house cleaning so it might not be too bad. I hope everyone has a good weekend and stays on plan despite all of the superbowl parties that will be going on. Just remember nothing tastes as good as healthy feels! (I know the saying is usually "thin feels", but I'm in this to change my life and get healthy, looking thinner is just a fantastic side effect!

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I kind of got off track the past couple weeks but with the new month I'm getting right back on track and will have the 2 pounds that I gained gone in no time! Have a great weekend!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #5  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Wow! I can't believe it has been a month already since I started SF!! What amazing results. 8.8lbs gone with the final weigh in tomorrow!

New month.

An even newer me!

Good luck with Febuary and watch out for the V-Day candy! I already told the BF no chocolate unless it's low fat... haha. You should of seen his face! Priceless.

Night everyone!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #6  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I survived skydiving today!!! What a rush! I'm also down to minus 50lbs. as of today...which I wasn't expecting...so it kinda felt like a good milestone that re-confirmed my skydiving adventure...check it out:

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 02-03-2008 at 12:30 AM.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #7  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

OMG!! You are brave!! Congrats on both!! Surviving and losing!!

I've always wanted to try skydiving... It looks like alot of fun!!

You def. look like you had a blast!!

I lost another 2lbs this week puts me down almost 12lbs in the last month!!

I'm soo excited!!

Yay for all of us!!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone!
I started SF about four or five days ago and I LOVE it! Love it love it love it. I feel so much better physically and emotionally. I know it's only been a few days, but I do feel wonderful.

I started out at 194 lbs and now I'm 186.6 (AF was here when I first weighed in though). i'm eating properly, but I am also not using salt on everything whereas before I used to salt everything, so I'm sure a lot of that is water weight.

my reasonis for doing this are for my kids mostly. I don't want my boys to struggle with the same weight problem I've had. And I want to live as long as I can to meet my grandkids, great grandchildren and possibly great-great grandchildren I also just want to give myself some time as well. Since my oldest son was born four years ago I just put myself on the backburner. My needs would always come last, and by the time I met everyone elses needs, there would be no time for me. I need to balance things better so that everyones needs get met, because my health is just as important as my childrens.

Anyways, I love to ramble, so hope I didn't lose anyone

Angela
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #9  

Gatoramanda - who is that guy strapped to your back when you were skydiving? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeewee he's good lookin!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #10  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Amanda - looks like you had lots of fun skydiving. I did it once - on my own though, not attached to someone else. It was great but scary. I don't actually remember jumping from the plane - the training is military-like and it's all instinctive. No time to think! It was amazing though.

Well I am UP this week. I've been plateauing for the last month - no official weigh-ins since I've been missing my TOPS meetings (not due to my own choice - work and sick kids). Then for the last 10 days I've been sick - mostly dizzy and a sinus infection and have definitely gained. Slimfast RTD is back on my shopping list and I'm going to clamber decisively back onto the wagon. May have to send DH shopping since I'm still not feeling like I can walk around the store without passing out, but I'm going to be careful with what I eat. Having the RTD makes it more likely that I'll have slimfast for lunch - I am good at making shakes for breakfast but tend to be more hurried at lunchtime and I don't like the powdered stuff unless it's blended with fruit.

Tamara - good to hear from you again, you'll be into ONEderland right away. Glad to hear things are going well with the wedding plans, finances can be tricky though - I hear you on that one. I've not heard anything from Cheryl.

Well that's it for me. Aiming for a 6-8 lb loss this month and looking for that 155 (not overweight) marker by May. That will be one year since I started this bumpy journey and a good time to get there...

Snuggles to all,
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

gatormanda , congratulations on your weight loss and double congratulations on sky diving......I agree that is a great looking guy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #12  
Pat is in KY

S/C/G: 283/283/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I am Curious About You All

Hi everyone! I am curious to know what you slimfasters eat on a typical normal day and I would appreciate it if you could write down a sample day of your slimfast diet. Pretty please with splenda on top? I am beginning Slimfast and I drink the cappucino at breakfast and a boiled egg about an hour after that. How do you resist temptation to not leap into a birthday cake or not pick up those restaurant chips and dip when all those around you are stuffing their faces? It is not easy and I sure would feel not-alone if you all could share with me your daily plan and what you do to ward off the munchies. Thanks! Pat in Kentucky
goincrazyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

gincrazyinky. Slimfast has a website and can give you free meal plans.
www.slimfast.com
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #14  

Today's menu is this:

Breakfast: slim fast shake:
Snack: slim fast bar:
Lunch: slim fast shake, salad
Snack: apple
Dinner: homemade chili (loaded with veggies)
Snack: cantelope
Old 02-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #15  
Changing My Lifestyle

Good morning all,

My menu for today looks like this:

Breakfast: High Protein Meal Bar (didn't have time for a shake)
Snack: 1/2 cup frozen blueberries thawed, 1/2 med banana, 4oz yogurt
Lunch: MOG Bar, Large green salad w/ low cal dressing and 2 oz broiled chicken (leftover from dinner last night)
Snack: Cup a soup (veggie) and one serving low sodium wheat thins
Dinner: Pasta 2/ peanut sauce (recipe on slim-fast website) YUMMY! ! !
Snack: Strawberries & Sugar free chocolate pudding

I drink at least 2 - 3 litres of water a day which definately helps to stave off the munchies. I also have to do some serious self-talk when there is junk food left in front of me. But sometimes I have a cookie or whatever because I don't believe in denying myself anything. If I want it I have it and I add it into my nutritional tracker and count it for my daily totals. I even do this if I have drinks...those are usually high calorie days for me but deprivation leads to failure! Most of the time I can find a lower calorie alternative to the treat that I want.

Last weekend I had a movie night with my 15 year old daughter and we had cheeseburgers and coleslaw (slimfast recipe) for dinner plus I added some sweet potatoe fries. While we watched movies my "treats" were 1 x 100 calorie bag of OR Smart Pop and a Cadbury Thins Candy bar. I even drank some diet coke which my cravings for have all but disappreared since I got back on the high water consumption again. I felt like I had eaten a whole bunch of junk food but my calorie consumption was still well within my 1500 range and I knew that even though it's not as healthy as say veggies and fruit I felt like I had given myself a big treat and hadn't cheated so I didn't have to beat myself up over it.

I'll tell you another thing. One of the biggest bonuses for me since I work two jobs right now and can't always eat dinner at home. I love frozen dinners: Lean Cuisine/WW Smart Ones/Michelina's Advantage...they're all really good and with a big salad and a whole wheat roll I still get a yummy dinner and don't have to resort to fast food. The portion control is great, it takes all the guesswork out of it.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tamara