Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking In love with... Medifast! Our February Chat

Hi group!

I decided to start a new thread for the month of february, since our January thread is SO long! Tomorrow is weigh in for me... We will see. It will be the end of my 4 th week on the program. Last night wasn't so great as far as diet goes... Some bad news threw up my day upside down... but i will be back on track february 1st! New month, new challenge As far as i am concerned i would like to reach the 180's by the end of February! What's about you ladies?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I managed to squeeze my butt into some jeans that have been previously too small!!!! I was sooo excited!!!! Wooooohoooo
Old 01-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #3  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2BLosing View Post
I managed to squeeze my butt into some jeans that have been previously too small!!!! I was sooo excited!!!! Wooooohoooo
Yay! That is so exciting, isn't it?
I have a couple of pairs that I try on every week.
One of these days they're gonna fit!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:56 PM   #4  

Andrea: Congrats on your weight loss! I did not realize that you were losing way faster than me! YEAH for you!

Samara: Isn't that exciting?!? One size smaller in a week... Isn't that amazing? I'm proud of you! You go girl!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't say that I'm one size smaller, but I am getting close!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  

Flo - Thanks so much for starting the new thread!

Andie - You are doing such a great job!

Samara - WOO HOO on the jeans

Magnolia - The link worked!! Thanks so much I just saved it to my favorites.

I haven't tried any recpes at all - been afraid but I will need to venture out and try new things!

Keep up the great work everyone - you are all doing terrific

to all!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #7  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Flo & SweeP Thanks for the congrats. This week has been frustrating for me, though! According to my scale I am up .5 lb. from my weigh in last Sunday. I am hoping it will drop again before Sunday! I am blaming it on my TOM. Hopefully I'll start soon and some of
that bloat weight will go away...not to mention my PMS insanity!

Great idea starting a new thread!

Last edited by Andiemom; 02-01-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #8  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Today I pulled out some of my old jean shorts that I used to wear years ago. I tried them on and couldn't even get them past my kneecaps. Seriously wasn't expecting that. Amazing! I did however hang them up on my wall so I can see where I want to be when I reach goal. Also, I am finally on the decline again. Thinking back over my week I still can't figure out what I did wrong...must have been something in my LG that wasn't so lean but for the next couple of days I think I am going to pass on the LG and just stick with MF meals.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Jen
Old 02-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #9  

I can't remember how to make the chips...and I might be traveling tomorrow...Help? Please?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #10  

Weigh in for week 4: 0

No loss for me... NADA! But i was expecting it as i had two cheat meals... one last night... I am ok with that! Back on track... I am hoping for a 3-4 pounds loss next week because i will go back OP 100%! Congrats to all the losers this week! I hope to be back in your category in a few days
Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I found a few comments on the MF board so I am pasting them here!

Keep up the good work everyone! Happy weekend. Stay strong.

PS I haven't tried any of these. Check out the last one, it sounds very good. I don't have strawberry shake but I'd bet vanilla will work

Soup Chips
1 packet MF Cream Soup (Tomato, Chicken, or Broc.)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3-4 TBSP water (Tomato seems to need a little more water)

Mix this up and put it into a pie pan that you have sprayed with Pam. Microwave for about 3 minutes. This will spread out and flatten. You may have to vary the cooking time based on your own microwave. It will become fat and look like a crepe or a tortilla. You should be able to lift the edges with a spatula and flip this over. Microwave anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, until fairly crisp, but not burnt. Cut into wedges and you have chips. They usually get a little crisper as they cool, so you will have to experiment to get them the way you like them. I ate a lot of "soup leather" until I cracked the code on this! You can season these with sea salt, Mrs. Dash, ranch seasoning, etc. Put them in a baggie and there you go, an easy, portable meal!

When I make chips, I make them on a pancake skillet (one packet makes 9 chips for me, and I can fit them all on at once). I add about 1/4 cup water and cook like pancakes (have to watch - 2nd side cooks fast!). Then I'll put on a paper plate and stick in the microwave for 90 seconds to crisp them up. Makes wonderful chips!

I've had the most success with my chips by using parchment paper! Spread the mixture thin-- and microwave about 3 minutes or so (depends on your microwave). They come right off the parchment paper-- no need for Pam-- and no need for cleanup! Quick-- easy-- and yum!

OMG....I tried the Cream of Tomato bread that has been posted on here many times & it was so good.

1 pckg COT soup
1/2 Tsp baking powder
3 tblsp water

Mixed it all together in a dish, sprayed a microwave safe plate with cooking spray, spread the pasty mixture on the plate a bit & cooked for total of 3 minutes. Cooked for 2 minutes & then 30 seconds each & checked it

Let it cool for a few minutes & then used 1 tblsp regular cream cheese & spread it over it. It was a really yummy treat since we can't have any bread or chips for real. I will definitely do it many more times & will even try it with some of the other cream soups,

I have received several requests to re-post this recipe, so here it is:

I made the breakfast bread out of the strawberry shake - used 1/2 t of baking powder, 1/4 cup eggbeaters and spread it fairly thin in the bottom of my pyrex baking dish, nuked for about 2 minutes.

Then I mixed 1 T of lowfat cottage cheese with 1T of Walden Farms marshmallow cream, put it in the strawberry "crepe" I just made, and topped it with a little WF strawberry fruit spread. It was a cheese blintz!!! So incredibly good! Here is how it looked:
Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #12  

Thank you so much, Brooke. We're going shopping, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do about eating since I'm not sure I'd have access to a microwave. To tell you the truth, right now I just want to say (*$@& it and eat a big fat greasy cheeseburger. I got mad at my husband for making a crappy frozen pizza for dinner while I had leftover corned beef and cabbage for the third time this week. I don't really feel good enough to cook. I didn't even finish the cabbage. I just couldn't choke it down....<sigh>
Old 02-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #13  

I know the feeling! It's so bad sometimes but it's worth it when our jeans are loose and people are noticing isn't it? Hang tough.

OK, I tried the last thing and it's great!! It is better warm, gets tough as it cools. I had orange and it was so so because it tasted like orange bread. I put cottage cheese on it. I made my daughter one with chocolate and it was good. It would be great with cream cheese but I didn't do it on hers. I am thinking vanilla shake and cinnamon would be good. I don't know if they would travel but it's worth a try.

I just tried the chips with the cream of broc soup. It's cooling so I'll report back. I am hoping they get crispy, I miss crispy chips! I am not fond of the smell of cr of broc though. Cr of Tomato would be better.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #14  

Wow! I have chips! I still don't love the cr of brocc taste or smell but I am ignoring it.

I did this:

1 pkg cream soup
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 Tablespoons water

Spray pan with Pam

mix and put in a micro dish. I used a pyrex pan, round. I spread it pretty thin so it was about the size of a dinner plate. There were a few tiny holes in my batter. Microwave 3 mins and use a spatula to get under it and flip it.

Microwave 30 more seconds.

It hardened after a few mins.

Very portable.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #15  

I want to try this

Sundried Tomato Bread
one pack of Cream of Tomato soup
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup of egg beaters southwestern flavor
tiny bit of salt and pepper

mix well in a glass bowl, then mircrowave about 1.5-2 minutes (you have to watch it, but you can take it out and look at it and make sure there are no soupy parts). DO not spray the bowl with PAM, it does not stick,

Take it out, let it cool, cut in half with a bread knife..... this is a great mock sundried tomatoe bread. You can spray with a little I can't believe it is butter, or put just a thin slice of lunch meat or laughing cow cheese in it and eat as a sandwich.

You could use other Cream Soups with regular eggbeaters as well.

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 02-01-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Closed Thread