Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 11:00 AM   #1  

Default Happy MOM's Day!!! Week of May 12, 2002

Wow, I got to start the thread!!! I guess all you mom's out there who usually start the thread are sleeping in?!?!?!? I hope every one of you are having a Happy Mother's Day.

Dh is never one to buy me a gift unless I go buy it for myself!!! So, as usual, I made my hints about some great mother's day gifts, but figured he missed it. Boy was I wrong. There was this candle from Wal Mart that smelled so good, and it even had a red bow on it which is my favorite color. Well, it is now on my table, and my house smells so good. It is fresh baked cookie sent. I get the smell with out the temptation of eating the cookies. I am so proud.

The kids made me lots of cards, and even emailed me some too. So, all in all it is a good Mother's day.

Well, I hope you are all having wonderful Sunday's what ever you are doing!!!

Last edited by lyssalou; 05-12-2002 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:31 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Wow, you moms must have had a busy day yesterday! It's been quiet here. I've lost two more pounds. That makes 14! Yippee!! I'm glad I weighed on Saturday 'cause yesterday was awful. But when I look back, I was much better than in the past. We took MIL to a brunch buffet. Both DH and I ate less than anyone else at the table. The ony thing we were really bad with was we each had a whole bagle.

I've got another day off today which is not a good thing. I'm off because our census is WAY down. This is the second time in a month. Thank goodness I have vacation time to cover it. What happens when I run out of vacation!! YIKES. That's what I am worried about.

Alright, I'm going to see chiropractor for my allergies. I know it sounds crazy but I have to try something. I hope you guys are having an awesome day!!

Old 05-13-2002, 12:26 PM   #3  

HI ALL!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! I did - we had family over. I was not op though - starting again today.

First of all - lauren - CONGRAT ULATIONS !!! I'm so happy for you. We must have been posting at the same time on Saturday and I missed your post.

dabrat - It DID feel great to be op, and I'm sure it will again!

Karen - I don't remember Dawn dolls. ~ Yeah on the loss!

have a great week all.

Rabbit
OP since . . .

ps - it was the homemade ice cream & homemade hot fudge that blew it for me yesterday . . .
Old 05-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #4  
Phat Chick

OMG another opportunity to be a cyber auntie - congrats LBH
Old 05-13-2002, 02:08 PM   #5  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

I am a bad bad person. I didn't walk yesterday and had Chinese and I took a nap! How is that for lazy? I did a 3 mile walk today to make up for it. I also started AF last night which explains the no energy for me then. I did the walk in the rain even and I wear glasses. Geesh I tell you, those big trucks make you really wet when they blow by you! I also stayed under 1700 calories yesterday. I had just about 1/2 cup of sweet and sour chicken and 1/2 cup of orange chicken, 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup chow mein for lunch. Breakfast was Slim Fast shake, dinner was fresh corn a salad and a WW vege pizza. For snacks I did have 2 Slim Fast bars though. Lots of water and some Crystal Lite Lemonade. I was happy to stay below 1700 calories at least.

KarenK congratulations! on the 2 more pounds gone! I am so happy for you!

Rabbit home made hot fudge? OMG I have been wanting fudge so bad this week. Guess I know why I have been wanting it. Great job on getting back OP!

Lys I am glad that you had a great day. I love candles and that is a great scent DH got you.

OK I have to go post more have a great OP week! Daphne
Old 05-13-2002, 08:30 PM   #6  

Lauren: congrats!!!! Now I have to go back and read last weeks posts, I was going to skip it but now I have to see your announcement!!

Wow! Oklahoma is windy! I am not doing another outdoor show in that state. Thankfully none of our glass took flight but I was abit worried about our tent even though we always have it weighted and dog tied.

- jul
Old 05-14-2002, 12:21 AM   #7  

Hi all!

No time to post except to say

CONGRATS LAUREN!
Old 05-14-2002, 01:15 AM   #8  

Can't sleep, so I am posting!!!

A while back, we discussed water intoxication. It greatly concerned me because of the plan dh and I were on, drinking 1/2 our weight in lbs. in ounces of water (I weigh 164, so I should dring 82 oz. of water) which is higher than the normal 64. oz. suggested amount of water to drink daily. Well, I decided to investigate further, and the following web site was the most informative I found. So, if you are interested you can visit Water Intoxication .

Jul, Nanci - See what you miss when you go on away and leave us all here. But I am glad you are caught up now.

Daphne - No, you are not a bad person, and everyone needs a day to rest. Sounds like you made wise choices in food. And the candle was great, except it smelt so good, that I couldn't get rid of the desire to munch

Rabbit - Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life, what you did yesterday is gone and now you can move on.

Karen - WTG on the 2 lbs. and the 14 total!!! I hope that there won't be anymore days off for you that you haven't chosen yourself. But I do hope you enjoyed your time anyway.

I forgot to tell you what DD #1 gave me. Aside from the hand made card, she gave me some pennies. I said thank you, and then she explained... She went and got one penny from each of the years dh and I have been married. It still makes me cry. It was thoughtful enough that she wanted to give me her pennies, but to have thought up and taken the time to find each one of those pennies was really special. She's a gem. (the others are too!)
Old 05-14-2002, 09:55 AM   #9  
Donna

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say:

Congratulations Lauren!!!!!!! (Now you two other newlyweds stay far, far, far away from me, no offence, but I really don't want to sare this experience )

I'm having a horid PMS week so am not looking forward to WW tonight, and we're going camping/winery touring this weekend so I don't think next week will be a lot better . Oh well I will get back on track soon.

- Tech
Old 05-14-2002, 12:39 PM   #10  

HI ALL!

Had a good op day yesterday & will do it again today. (even though I already got into the cookies I made for ss. Just gotta count them.)

Dab - sounds like you did good with the Chinese food! ~ The hot fudge was great - but I've got some left & really need to get rid of it!

Lyssa - thanks for the water info! I went to the site. ~ Thanks for the supportive comments! ~ Cool story about the pennies.

Tech - good luck at your weigh in.

Rabbit
Old 05-14-2002, 01:10 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Thanks for all the congrats!! I think DH & I are still in shock!! I mean, we both believe it, but I know I sit here every now and then and go, I really am pregnant!! I'm not imagining it, or dreaming that I am...I really am!! I feel OK so far, except that I have to pee more often...geez, as if I didn't pee enough with all the water I drink!! And my appetite has gone into over drive!! It's amazing how something sooo tiny can change your body soo much. I feel like I am always hungry, like a hour hour after a meal!! So when I get a chance, hopefully one night this week, I am going to sit down with my What To Expect When You're Expecting and try do write out a menu based on the "best odds" diet they have in there. I have to figure out how to eat a bunch of mini meals I think. I'm sure it'll all go out the window when M/S kicks in, but I'll try!

Rabbit- Stay away from the cookies...there's a reason you made them for DSS, right?!

Tech- I swear I'll stay away from you!! You're time will come!! Sorry to hear about the bad PMS, hopefully you'll have a good weekend though.

Lyss- Interesting article, thanks for posting it! How incredibly touching that your DD did that with the pennies! She's an

Jul- Glad you didn't get blown away in OK!!

Brat- WOW, at least you had a good excuse (AF)!! And you made up for it with a nice long walk!

BPB- Nice to see you!! Yes, you'll be a cyber auntie!!

Karen- Congrats on the 14 lbs., and especially for you and DH not stuffing your faces at the buffet!! I kind of remember Dawn dolls...don't think I had one though. I was really into Barbies for a few years there, but that was it. LOL, I don't know, you're playing russian roulet there, if you're off BCPs and DH isn't doing anything! Are you planning kids eventually?

Oh well, time to get back to work! Hope everyone's well!!
Old 05-14-2002, 02:33 PM   #12  
Miss. Brat

Lys thanks for the water site it really was interesting wasn't it?The DD story made me tear up that is so dang sweet how old is she?
LBH I have to grin at the hungar that you are having. My DS is almost 16 and I remember the feeling so well. Have you had any cravings yet? How many on this thread are PG? My MIL has asked if we are having a kid and I always say NO. I am 37 and can not see having a baby at this age. I would love one if I did get PG but planning on one.
Tech with us both in this PMS mode we would be great at a sale huh? Noone would stand a chance with us at all!
I just have a few minutes but wanted to say hi to everyone. I did my walk this morning and did 2 miles plus a little bite more. Hope I can do one more walk tonight. Daphne

Last edited by dabrat; 05-14-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:21 PM   #13  

Lauren: Maybe you won't get the morning sickies. I didn't. With Weston I craved beer batter onion rings...I wouldn't step into a restaurant unless I knew they had good ones on the menu. With Alex I wanted potatoes - mashed or baked.

Lys: the story was cute - so thoughtful of your dd. I don't have to worry about water intox this week - I'm struggling with my water intake this week, not enough. Its wierd how one week I'll do great then the next horrible. I'll try and read that site later.

- jul
Old 05-14-2002, 07:09 PM   #14  
Miss. Brat

I did mty 2nd walk today making it 4 miles today. All this by 3PM. With my 3 yesterday that makes up for not walking SUnday. I am triing to decide on a great dinner tonight. Something real and tasty and still healthy/ Daphne
Old 05-15-2002, 03:05 AM   #15  

Well, this weekend, while we were rearranging, we went in to our garage to find the legs to our old kitchen table, that we are now using for a home school workstation for our girls. Anyway, while we were in the garage, I found my old exercise "stair step" and thought I would add it to my work out. Well, I have used it for the past two days, and I now remember why I quit using it. It was a cheap one, and it is too high!! So, I think I have injured my hip. I am not having the best luck with exercise, but I refuse to give up. I am getting healthy, and staying that way for the rest of my life and that is the end of it!!!!

Daphne - Whoo Hoo on the 4 miles, someday, I will be able to do that too (hopeful thinking). She is 12, and yes, she is an angel (as LBH called her), that is even one of her nick names.

Jul - I don't have to worry about water intox either, because salt is not something I have limited in our diet. It is what makes all the fat free food, taste like good ol' American junk food.

LBH - Just wait until 6 weeks hits, you won't be so hungry anymore!!!

Rabbit - Way to go on being on point. The more you try, the better you will get at it!!!

Tech - Just don't drink the same water as RR, and LBH, you will be fine then.

It is late, I am tired, think I will go crash. Here's to getting past the "hump" day, and moving on to the weekend!!!
Closed Thread