View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #126
fkwan

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

Default Yet another newbie

First name (if you want to tell): I don't want to tell

Meaning of user name: Short for Fogueira Kwan Zheng Dao, the first means bonfire in Portuguese, the rest is my Buddhist name when I took the precepts. It means True Way of the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

Geographical location: A red state

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Four exquisite dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, languages (I can kinda sorta read and write French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Swedish with a dictionary but can't speak any of them and have no one to speak them with)

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Birth

Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: Original 147 down to 95, gained 20 pounds back, now 116/114/95 again

Problem: Compulsive/binge addictive eating

Plan/Way of Eating: Low fat vegan (McDougall, Fuhrman et al.)

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite movies: Anything foreign, especially German, movies made from Viclit like Pride and Prejudice

Favorite books/plays: Mysteries (Elizabeth George, Jane Haddam, Sue Grafton, Minette Walters, Denise Mina, Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly, any Kellerman; favorite book of all time: Collected Sherlock Holmes), Victorian literature (BrontŽs, Dickens, Hardy, George Eliot)

Music: Very old stuff like Steely Dan; 80s fluff like Hall and Oates; jazz (Ella Fitzgerald is God), Bach,Debussy, Satie

Favorite Quote(s): One must know his limitations (John Milius, screenplay for Eastwood's "Magnum Force")

Favorite People (dead and living): VanGogh, Gustave Flaubert, Voltaire, Abraham Lincoln, my husband, the Dalai Lama, any early to late middle aged British actor, e.g., Daniel Craig, Hugh Laurie, Toby Stephens

People I canít stand: politicians, religious fanatics, local TV newscasters, my mother-in-law

Places youíve been: East Coast, Illinois, British Columbia CA

Places you want to visit: anywhere on earth, especially Scotland, Greece and Brazil

Pivotís questions (donít think too long, answer as fast as you can

01. What is your favorite word? bleak

02. What is your least favorite word? teamwork

03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? any kind of art

04. What turns you off? mindless drones of human beings

05. What is your favorite curse word? the F word

06. What sound or noise do you love? the MRI scanner

07. What sound or noise do you hate? the chirp of TV news fakes first thing in the morning

08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? photographer, physician, journalist

09. What profession would you not like to do? anything involving the public

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Barbara has the fettuccine ready". (My best friend died 3 years ago.)

Any other tidbits you would like to share: Not that I can think of.
fkwan is offline   Reply With Quote