Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/220/199

Height: 5'7"

Cool Zumba!

So about 4 weeks ago I discovered the wonderful world of Zumba. Has anyone else tried it? It's cardio dance based on Latin/Salsa moves and it's SO MUCH fun! I am just wondering if there are any other Zumba obsessed folks around here... and if we might be able to share what songs work!
piratexsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #2  
it's always something

I've done the DVD, but not the classes. I loved it! It was definitely fun
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I haven't tried it, but I would like to... it was just yesterday that I was on youtube.com checking it out. The Gold's Gym near by offers it, and I am into live in person classes, so I'll let you know what I think of it.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I love it! I go to New York Sports Club and we have a class on Tuesday nights. Also, the teacher who teaches that class plus another area instructor do some classes on the side and tomorrow I am attending a Zumba master class.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #5  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

I have to say it sure looks like fun! I don't think my schedule would let me go to a class, so I'm hovering over buying the dvd's....

cuppajoe
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #6  

Nancy- Let me know how the master class is. Good luck

Everyone must try it. It's simply so fun. Although I tried to go to a different YMCA for the class on Friday night than I usually go to and it was significantly different and I definitely didn't like it as much. So I think that taking the time to find a great instructor is definitely worth it!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

The class was good - honestly not ALL that different from a normal class. The instructor does really make it though. There are two instructors in our area - one is fabulous and the other is just ok. I think they are both really nice, so I feel a bit bad saying it, but one is so great at cuing and she moves like a dancer while the other is still fun but ends up having more of an aerobics feel rather than dancing.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I've been thinking about trying it out. My gym offers it as a class.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #9  

Vertigo- I would really recommend trying it out. Of course, you'll want to find a good instructor who makes it fun. The woman at the YMCA I go to, Tracy, has such a good time with it and fuses it with hip-hop dance. Sometimes though the fun is what you make of it!! Let us know how you like it
Old 02-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #10  

I've started going a couple of weeks ago and it is fun! I love the music and the beat - I pretend I am a Brazilian hottie doing the samba at carnival!! (a quick glance in the mirror blows that fantasy out of the water unfortunately )

I'm glad I tried it!
pumpkinseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I go to Zumba classes whenever I can fit them in. They are so much fun. The instructors at our Y crack lots of silly jokes that makes how silly I look bearable. There is lots of laughing during our classes. I love the energy and the mix of all ages too. I am a bit old for this so I really have to tone it down to last the entire hour and not kill myself, but it is really fun.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:31 AM   #12  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

I tried a class and honestly, I really didn't like it. Largely that was due to the instructor - it was the type of class where nothing is explained, the instructor just goes in full-speed and expects everyone to keep up. I was continually behind, couldn't figure out what was going on, and the instructor didn't seem to care. Not a good experience.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #13  
Zumba Addict

S/C/G: 347/299/185

Height: 5'10"

Talking

I absolutely LOVE Zumba!

I started the first of January between Zumba and eating healthy I've trimmed 2" from my hips & bust. Woohoo. I actually love it so much I'm aiming to be at my goal weight by October, and get my certification for Zumba in early 2012
boopei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #14  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I really enjoy Zumba! I've been going to classes for about 6 months and it is really entertaining. The hardest part is just trying to learn the steps, but once you've done it for a few weeks you can really get a great workout in.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #15  

Next Monday, I have an appointment to visit a local fitness club for my free trial membership... I saw on their online schedule that they offer zumba classes... I think I'd like to try it... IF it doesn't cost more than I'm prepared to pay to join the club... for sure, the zumba classes are something I'm gonna ask about... sounds like great fun, plus a great workout...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote