Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default Is that a burrito sandwich you're eating?

I've heard mention here and there about replacing plain ol' Whole Wheat bread with Whole Wheat lo-cal high-fiber tortillas. Do you guys do this? How do you make a turkey sandwich like that? I would like to give it a try, but I'm not sure how to make it work with my normal routine.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I like to make "wrap" type sandwiches...take a low carb, high fiber tortilla and spread with some sort of tasty spread...laughing cow wedges, oven-dried tomato spread...lots of things will work! Layer on your turkey, some veggies, then roll it up and enjoy!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes, and it's so quick and easy. I rarely even buy bread anymore. I usually buy the low carb whole wheat wraps from Wal-Mart (they have something like 70 calories and 7 grams fiber) or I buy the low carb wheat ones from Trader Joes. Today I spread about a half teaspoon low fat mayonaisse, added reduced fat cheddar cheese and turkey. It was only about 180 calories. Like Amanda said, hummus or laughing cow and/or veggies are great too.

Be careful and read the labels on wraps before you buy - some wraps have a lot of calories and fat.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Today's wrap was a whole wheat low carb tortilla (50 cals), turkey pastrami (80 cals), a slice of low fat provolone (80 cals), a dab of grey poupon and a pile of alfalfa sprouts to bulk it up. I make it in the morning and wrap it in plastic wrap...it doesn't get soggy.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If you have the time, grilling 2 whole wheat tortillas (I buy the 50 calorie tortillas from La Tortilla Factory) is a great option. I make a killer spinach quesadilla (block of frozen spinach - defrosted, drained of course, half a can of low fat cream of mushroom soup, diced onion, a few chopped sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, some pine nuts if I haven't had any nuts that day, a little cumin, a little cayenne, a little white pepper, a sprinkle of low fat sharp cheddar cheese to "stick" it all together)! I also make one with grated sweet potato (wilted in a big pot) with some chili powder, a little cayenne and sharp cheddar cheese.

Last edited by Glory87; 01-31-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

My personal fav; a little bit of ranch made from light or fat free sour cream, some turkey, lettuce, tomato (if they have good ones at the store) and center cut bacon (it only has 50 calories for two slices). Sometimes, I go all out and add a little sprinkle of shredded cheese. ( I have some galric jack that.. mm. Oh, man.)
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #7  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

When you buy them (and actually the same goes for bread too) make sure it's 100% whole wheat! They are allowed to call it whole wheat as long as it has some whole wheat in it but it doesn't have to be all and then it's kind of pointless! If it doesn't say 100% right on the front label check the ingredients list, find one that only says whole wheat and doesn't list enriched wheat flour.

Last edited by wisher; 01-31-2008 at 11:56 PM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote