Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Low Carb Chat: 1/28 thru Super Bowl-2/3!

Good Monday Morning LC Chatters! Let's have a Great Week, ok??? My ticker changing w/i is today & having high hopes that I've got back to 229 - enjoyed some awesome work outs & eating since Friday. Feel like a new beginning.

I've got the chicken breasts cooling out of the oven and getting ready to freeze - I've got 6 breasts to alternate with either spinach 'n bacon/cauli plain/cauli-mash/green beans 'n bacon or broccoli.

Had the "mini" revolution rolls . . . going to make the jelly roll pan kind in the morning.

My Gran always used coconut oil to pop popcorn in scalm . . . tasted more like the movie show, she said. Haven't had any in years.

I almost hate to tell you how beautiful it was today in MO beachie . . . know you're well taken care of there in the storm . . . I remember your wedding anniversary now that you mentioned Hawaii.

What kind of dancing do you do lynn? I LOVE hotels . . . when I hit the lottery just want to live in a swanky suite somewhere. You & DD will have a ball!

lilylilylily - get some campho-phenique! It's a fever blister CURE, I tell ya! (Get lysine for insurance in case I'm wrong - LOL!)

okokok . . . getting goofy better plate up the food and hit the hay - ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 01-28-2008 at 01:54 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 AM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

Forgot to tell you part of the reason I'm so motivated lately is that I took your suggestion scalm & looked up Living La Vida Low Carb on youtube . . . I got thru quite a few eppies and LOVE how JM kept holding "Diet Revolution" up to the camera & quoting from it - Our jerseygirl would be proud! Especially enjoyed his take on vegetables/fruit & low carb - also get a kick out of his wife!

Has anyone else watched these youtubes? Each last about what? 4 minutes? Very informative but in a fun way . . .

There's also a good Thread right here at 3fc - talking about how to stop "devastating eating" - lots of good tips: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132657

Another GREAT Thread here @ 3fc for us Book Lovers: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132163

Last edited by aud; 01-28-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 AM   #3  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody. I'm feeling a bit adrift lately. I keep noticing things, like my forearms and wrists are smaller, and my face has a couple of straight lines in it, instead of just circumferences. My boobs finally stick out further than my belly. Most days, anyway. Here's my problem: when the scale gets to a certain range, or I discover a bone somewhere under all the fat, I eat. It's like I had to stop losing and stabilize for a while just to adapt to the changes. So I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over. My body image hasn't caught up with my modest weight loss, and somehow losing the fat is very threatening. Has anybody else dealt with this? How did you get through it?

We had a foot of snow and some of my friends really believed they were snowed in and didn't go anywhere for days, until the rain melted some of it. It was a little inconvenient, but sooooo pretty. %^&* snow plow. Shows up 15 hours after the last snow melts off the road, scrapes off the top layer of asphalt, then goes away. Hmph. Anyway, last week we had as much snow as in the last 5 years put together! There's going to be more tonight, after days of downpour.

I'll never call my Jeep Compass a toy jeep again. I have already apologized to it. It may not look a lot like a traditional jeep, but it has a stout little jeep heart. Having it get me out of snow/mud/ice a few times in the last week has made me feel completely differently about it. Bless it's little 4WD.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Good morning ladies! I know I have been a bit MIA the last half of the week, but work and home have been hectic! I am working a part time job at night to get some bills paid off and we had bf's kids this weekend and I just have to say to all the ladies out there with kids in the house.. I feel your pain! It must be hard as **** having kids around and staying on plan. I nearly had to saw my hand off to stop from eating one of the chocolate chip waffles I was serving them for breakfast...ugh...AND they wanted to bake brownies. I wasn't perfectly OP, but I think I resisted temptation quite well. The good part about them being here is that we took a long walk to the library and back and when I checked to see how long our walk was, I discovered it was 3.25 miles! Woohoo!

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in since skipping last week for TOM and I am nervous. I have a feeling I won't see much of a change... Wish me luck ladies!

aud - I don't think I have ever seen Living La Vida Low Carb, but it sounds like a fun way to avoid some work later, hee hee.

Bouncing - First of all, I wouldn't call 34 lbs modest at all! You should definitely give yourself much more credit than that. 34 lbs is fantastic and quite an accomplishment I think! I do, however, know what you mean about your body image. Hopefully some of the ladies will be able to offer advice as I think I could use some of the same, but in the mean time I hope you keep up the fantastic work!

Last edited by CrabbyCakes; 01-28-2008 at 11:52 AM.
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, I've checked the local stores here and none of them even sell campho-phenique. All I have to use for now is Carmex. This monstrosity is drying out now and should be gone pretty soon. Such is life in a hicktown!

Shellie, I've had a little problem myself with body size head games on my wt. loss journey. For some reason , taking off the weight was a little threatening. It's almost like it changed my identity. KWIM? People look at me differently now and I'm treated differently too. The only way I dealt with it was to only weigh once a week and just try my best to stay OP. To adjust my mind to all the changes, I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't changing WHO I am, I was changing my body for my Health!

CC, I can definitely identify with the challenges faced when little ones are in the house. My grandsons when they visit, I feel like I make a million trips to the kitchen. They constantly want to be eating or drinking something, and it definitely isn't healthy food. Of course the 2 fifteen year old that live with me are pretty dang bad. It's not unlike them to bake brownies or a pie at 10PM!

Today is my son's 22nd Birthday. Dang that makes me OLD! Fortunately he doesn't like sweets and wants fresh fruit instead of a cake. That makes it easier for me.

I'm really proud that other than 1 off plan meal in the last 4 weeks, I have stayed on plan. I did lose 4 lbs. in the past 4 weeks which is WAY better than gaining. I'm gonna try to hit the gym this evening . Everyone will just have to turn their head at my repulsing fever blister.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The snow storm wasn't as bad as the predicted. We go 5" of the powder white stuff.But the drifts are blocking our front door & decks sliding door by snow..If Leo & I can't get out to shoved out we're have to wait for the sea scouts to help us get out. We have the end house of a 4 unit building and we're on the west facing south where the snows hit.Our neighbor on the other side of us[Unit4] [the one giving us so much trouble] went out and got stuck in a snow draft. They're announcing on the radio DON"T GO OUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TOO. They say the storm is over but the winds are 40 MPH and the drifting of the snow is making it difficult for people see or drive. Why are these people so STUPID.You always should have food in the house for emergencies.Leo & I can't help him we're not going out at all.

I'll have to come back later I'm going to Help Leo with the pathway.

Hi I'm back.

The walkways are done and the decks sliding door & front door are are cleaned from the snow. Leo did the front of the house and did the side. The man is still struck in the ditch. One of the young guys tried to help him but than there was some yelling & the young guy decided to let him on this own. Thats why did doesn't pay to be nasty as one one will help you,you get more out of sugar than vinegar.

AUD-Thanks for starting us up. I didn't know if I would be able to post but we didn't lose any electricity in this storm.You'll get that ticker moving downward again,We're have meatballs w) mushroom sauce and a veggie on the side. Can't believe that January is almost over,and Lent & Easter is on its way. I want to lose 8 lbs before the challenge I'm on in another board is over. I have lost 3 so far and now its 5 to go.Thanks Aud for sharing all those web sites I have to go thought them this afternoon.

BOUNCY-WELCOME BACK,I Missed you,asked around if anyone saw you on the boards. Glad your back.Bouncy I still low carbing but I'm now counting calories. I think my stalling was from not eating enough. The body does go into a starvation mode.If you don't feed it. Since starting counting calories using fit day I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. I also changed my W-I day to Wed instead of Sat. Which I found was very helpful,as I don't go over board with eating over the weekends. I used to wait for the weekends to cheat,but than I realized I was cheating myself. Hope that helps.

CRABBYCAKES-First I'll send you [[[[weight loss vibes]]]] for your weigh-in tomorrow. Don't be nervous about your W-I its just a number on a scale,if you ate the right foods and did your exercising I'm sure you'll see good results on the scale.

Have a great Morning whats left of it I have to start DINNER
Meatballs in mushroom sauce with veggies.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  

Good morning! I resisted the scale this morning so I'm still in a good mood. I was doing well OP yesterday until DH brought out a dish of cashews. I haven't looked them up yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good.
Aud, me dance? I guess I just assume that people know it's the kids who dance. Of course if I don't say so, you wouldn't necessarily know that and I probably never said so because I just assumed. Both my daughters started with dance lessons at 4 and never stopped. It wasn't really my choice to continue paying for dance lessons all those year and it sure wasn't my husband's choice! But they love it. They've been doing the competition thing forever too. The older one started competing when she was around 12 and she's now 22. She goes as a teacher now, but my younger daughter is 15 and still competing.
DH and I have been taking a ballroom dance class at the girls' studio (the teacher is a good friend), but we do really, really badly. We've had three classes and we still can't do a simple waltz. The class has covered five or six dances but we just kind of stumble along. Part of the problem is the whole "leading" issue. If he would just let me lead, we could do much better!!! Of course, he has a slightly different POV.
Beachie, hang on tight! That kind of wind and snow on the Cape has got to be a little scary. I'm in the nice weather belt, Yesterday was 50 degrees and sunny. We took the dogs on a 1.7 mile hiking trail. It was great.
Gotta get to work. BBL Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing View Post
My boobs finally stick out further than my belly. Most days, anyway. Here's my problem: when the scale gets to a certain range, or I discover a bone somewhere under all the fat, I eat. It's like I had to stop losing and stabilize for a while just to adapt to the changes. So I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over. My body image hasn't caught up with my modest weight loss, and somehow losing the fat is very threatening. Has anybody else dealt with this? How did you get through it?
Bouncing......I know exactly what you are going thru. Its tough I know. I get into those next size down jeans, and I take a weekend to pig out. Nope I am not wearing my new jeans today. But I will tomorrow.

Its like the fat is a shield from the rest of the world. Keeps you protected. From what? I havent a flippin clue!!! Im sure if I went into therapy Id figure it out...But Im not about to spend $$ on therapy when I can go get sexy boots instead!!

Ok...here is what I have been doing. Its been keeping the self sabotage to a minimum. Its all in my attitude. I work very hard at keeping it positive and upbeat. Ive read "The Secret" and "The Law of Attraction" These books have helped tremendously in my way of thinking. So instead of a month long binge of marshmallows (which I didnt eat this weekend) It turns into a few extra foods I shouldnt eat, but really arent all that bad. (except for the chocolate bar ) I am back ontrack today, and even planning on getting out of the shop early to go walk at the park.

So to answer your question, I really dont know why I do it....but I know that I do it alot less since changing the way I think. I hope that helps you

......food hasnt been perfect, exercise is totally absent, Ive been bone tired!

So, I took the weekend off, and recharged my batteries. Ate what I wanted, and got myself ready for today.

I am upping my carbs to no more than 60grams per day, and lowering my fat intake to under 40%. I'll work on that one to get it under 30%. But Im not in a huge hurry for that.

If you are interested in what I am eating during the day, check out my blog. (link in siggy)

Im feeling very good about my eating, and the week to come

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnar View Post
I was doing well OP yesterday until DH brought out a dish of cashews. I haven't looked them up yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good.
As far as nuts go, Cashews are one of the highest in carbs...7.6 carbs in 1 oz.

Macadamia's are the lowest, with 1.4 carbs in l oz. Others that are fairly low are Pecans, with 1.2 carbs per 1 oz., Walnuts with 2.0 carbs per 1 oz., and Almonds, with 2.2 carbs per 1 oz.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

Best laid plans Monday . . . pffffthththbt! LOL! Got up early & 'styled the DD10's hair (growing out bangs - braided each side and clipped - surprised that she LOVED & thought she was "mod" - didn't tell her that this look was straight out of my blurry 70's memory bank LOL!) . . . sat down with my stack of coupons & fell sound asleep!

Oh well . . . waking up with coffee & then hitting the road . . will just have to get my exercise in at the plant . . . the problem is making the time. Generally have one "crisis" after another with the 240 folks I represent . . but they is just gonna have to come 2nd to ME ME ME . . . doncha think I'll do a much better job of representing them if I'm healthy & fit?

Tx in advance for agreeing!

Sooo no excuses - hitting the gym & taking the 10,000 step walk regardless tonight. ))))))))))Resolve Dust(((((((((( floats & settles on me!

I was JUST thinking of you bouncie when I stumbled onto that Book Lovers Thread (link in first post) . . . GO JEEPERS! Had a Grand Cherokee for years - got me thru a lot! We haven't had the type winters we had when I was a young driver 70/80's so have been getting by with front wheel drive - which I also love. I think an image problem may be part of the complex root cause of me hitting the proverbial wall at a certain mental point. Something I need to think about as I just keep on keeping on with the basics of OP/Water & exercise. IA with robin here - not sure what the fat shield is protecting me from but know that having it is making me more unhappy than whatever is "out there." So good to cya here bouncie - let's figure it out together!?

We're having beautiful weather here too lynn & hit the trail with dog & kids BOTH days of the weekend - was just wonderful for January. Not sure why I thought you danced - but must be so fun with your girls! Both of mine took a turn with dance classes altho' we didn't get to the point of travelling - really had a lot of fun with it. Always wanted to take a few couples classes but didn't make the time . . . not sure how we'd do -LOL!

WTG with the kids & food crabbyC! Walking to the library was a stroke of genius! I've been trying to just at least keep up with my 10 yr old PART of the time and find she's a GREAT source of unintentional exercise-LOL! The girl NEVER quits moving. I giggled when you talked about sawing your hand off/choc chip waffles!

Sounds like KARMA got your neighbor beachie! Love when that happens . . . let's me know the universe has some kind of order after all! HURRAH for Leo being a meteorologist . . . sounds like he predicted the storm better than the experts, eh? Was glad to cya Posting/have electricity - just wish you had a nice neighbor who would clean the drifts - altho' prolly good exercise?

PS to lilyb: I always can find it at Walgreens (or they'll order it) - No worries tho' - I can bring several bottles when I come over to babysit the Birthday Boy!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to check in with my LC buddies. Hope you gals had a good weekend. Mine was good, had 3 shows and they were all good, so I was able to put some money in the bank. Have stayed on plan, although I feel TOM coming on, so not going near the scale until my WI, Wednesday. I sometimes check every day, am I the only one! LOL I know, I know, you should only weigh once a week because our weight naturally fluctuates throughout the day and such, but sometimes i cannot help it. Now that I am losing, ya know what I mean.

I am starting back at the gym tomorrow. I have a friend that is working on getting her physical trainer's license, and she is going to work out with me 3 or 4 days a week. She said to be ready to work HARD, so a little worried that I may die tomorrow. If so, remember me fondly! LOL

Anyway, just wanted to send everyone a big ole future skinny girl (well not skinny, but not pleasantly plump anymore!) hug, LOL. And sprinkle some happy dust! Have a great week.
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #12  
beachbum

hi ladies I back again

The sun went down and the snow will probably turn into ice. Have to be careful when going out tomorrow .

AUD=The saga of this morning story continues.The old neighbor tried every 1/2 hour to get out of the ditch and finally had to call a flat bed to put him out with cable. He drove back to his parking space and then an 1/2 hr later left to where he was heading for in the first place. Leo thinks that the flat bed truck must have cost him big bucks. He was gone for 15 mins and than came home. WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT for him to go out and get stuck in the snow????

LYNN-It was scary,but fortunately we had electricity , to keep us warm and for us to cook our meals. We don't get these type of storms but when we do it can be bad.

ROBIN-I agree with you,attitude is what I'm working on right now. Thinking positive instead of negatively. You were the one who introduced that to the thread,and I want to thank you so much for ITS WORKING.

AMY-Good for you not looking at that scale,I used to do that and it can mess you up,and bring you in a bad mood.Lucky you that you have a friend thats a physical trainer.Thats going to help you a lot.

Have to go,and start supper have a nice evening

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-28-2008 at 05:28 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #13  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Good morning, ladies! Just a flying visit to say Hi and christen the new thread, type of thing! Bouncing, I know just what you mean! And Robin too. Have you folks read Fat is a Feminist Issue? I know it's a bit dated these days, but it really tackles this whole business of why people sometimes want to retain their weight (even if they don't realise it) - ways in which it can represent something positive to them, either a disguise or a sign of strength or all sorts of things. It's interesting reading.

More later!

Last edited by broadabroad; 01-28-2008 at 09:21 PM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

Well, this is my first post on this thread. I have been lurking around for a few weeks and decided to join. I usually post on the PCOS thread but not to much going on over there.

Well, a little about me is that I have PCOS and since giving birth to my son 7 years ago I have gained around 60lbs. At first my weight did not bother me but during Christmas I took some family pictures and did not recognize myself. Another thing that did it was that for Christmas all the gifts I received that were clothes were a size 3XL, I was devestated, no one asked what my size was they just assumed I was that size. I almost cried infront of everyone, I finally understood what people saw me as. You know how you always wonder if you look as big as you feel? Well, I got my answer. People see me as very fat!!! So my husband and I decided to take the better road and get healthy. Since I was diagnosed with PCOS I knew that the low carb diet was for me. I did it a few years ago and lost 40lbs. So I finally realized that the low carb way of eating is going to have to be my lifestyle and not just a diet. So far so good. A few set backs on the weekends but nothing major. I work out daily and try to eat as little carbs as possible.

Sorry, for the long intro. I hope I am welcomed you guys are full of info and encouragement.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #15  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Hi there, Weightsmasher! I'm in the same boat with the PCOS - fun fun fun, eh? Welcome aboard! I'm finding this a very friendly (and constructive!) forum, and I'm sure you will too.

Now that my kids have started their Thai lesson I have a little non-contact time & I'm snatching the chance to write a little more. I'd meant to say - I stumbled across Jimmy Moore's blog a couple of weeks ago while researching Gary Taubes, and found it very interesting. Didn't realise he had YouTube shows though - must check that out!

Well, I weighed myself yesterday morning and found that I'd not lost anything that week. Which could be a bit disheartening, what with it being the second week of Induction - but I wasn't on plan, because my family were here. I wasn't going crazy, mind - I'm quite content with my food choices, as I consistently chose high protein wherever I could, and avoided obvious carbs. But I didn't eschew the sweet and sour sauce or the other things that the proteins came in, when it was a set meal - and in instances where I COULD make my own choices, I stuck to the plan. So - didn't lose anything. But, on the bright side, also didn't gain anything - despite eating out in swanky restaurants 3 times, and dealing with the International Day banquet too. I figure that's as much as a girl can ask, and I'm back on plan now, more determined than ever to lose this flab.

On a cheering note, one of my kids (incidentally, whenever I say 'my kids' I DO mean the little'uns I teach - I'm wholly sans partner or offspring, with a household consisting of me, a nervous cat and a temperamental MacBook) told me yesterday that I had lost some weight. Of course, she's got a tendancy to suck up, and she may have gathered that I was dieting on the International Day - however, I'm not proud. I'll take my compliments where I can get 'em.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote