Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default Want to build a fair bit of muscle- how is this book: New Rules Of Lifting For Women

Well i'm 16 years old. After loosing about 20 pounds, I now weigh 102. i am 5 foot 2 inhes. I want to be a fairly built girl with nice hard abs. At the moment my body fat is 20% i used the military tape method.

I want to lower my body fat and build a fair bit of muscle (I want to look like jillian micheals).

I wanted to know if this book (New Rules Of Lifting For Women) is right for me.

Also could i drink whey protien shakes. Also how many calories should i be eating a day to lower my body fat but build muscle. Right now i eat 1300 a day.

Although i weight 102 which is small for my height My stomach sticks out a fair bit (1-1.5 inches more than a flat stomach) also my thighs are preety huge.

Will these go away once I lower my body fat percentage. I really want to have a ripped body. I dont mind gaining muscle mass. i just want a lower body fat percentage. 15-17 percent idealy

Thanks

Last edited by sportsfreak; 01-30-2008 at 02:08 PM.
sportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Meg

Hi Sportsfreak and !

I think the book would be perfect for you and your goals. We have some members who are following the NRLW program right now, so if you jump into the chat thread, you can discuss the program with them.

The book has a section about nutrition and calories that you will want to check out. It's going to tell you to eat more than you are now and to emphasis protein. Protein shakes are a good, convenient way to add more protein. Be sure to read this chapter because the nutrition works with the weightlifting component.

I think that yes, your troublesome fat deposits will go away as your body fat goes down. Be aware that the tape measure method of measuring BF isn't all that accurate. Do you have access to a gym where a trainer can check you with calipers?

I'm so glad that you're not afraid of gaining muscle! Too many women are, but muscle is our best friend. It's going to completely change your body and give you that tight, toned look that you're after.

So join us in the chat thread and post often so everyone can get to know you!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #3  

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just wondering where is this thread you are talking about. I am having some troubles finding it.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #4  
Meg

Here ya go! Lift and Chat: January 15 - 31, 2008
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #5  

Thanks, hopefully i can pick up the book soon and start the plan thats in it

Last edited by sportsfreak; 01-30-2008 at 03:31 PM.