Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 12:43 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias #162

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The weather around the country is whacko and it is SPRING here. Cowboy cooked breakfast outside over the fire ring on a griddle out front this morning and was it ever tasty. Bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast. The toast even had lines on it. The whole shooting match. This is my very high point day and one that kind of a breakfast fits into nicely. Just tuck it right in there in the corner and have a good time with it. It is good of him to wait till I have a high point day to do these sort of things. He isn't a fish eater as much as I am but he will grill me a piece anytime I want one and find something else to grill for himself if he doesn't want fish. I am so glad that he is so supportive ~ sure helps my program. I have the amounts of points I get each day posted where he can see it and he looks at it before he suggests eating anything or any where.

FLOWERS have a good day and if you are a mother and don't read the boards on the weekend HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you. And if you aren't a mother ~ happy day to you anyway.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:09 PM   #2  

Happy Friday, Flowers!
I am doing a happy dance . . . the weekend is here!

Maggie -- Thanks for starting the new thread! Your breakfast sounds wonderfully yummy! We do that kind once in a while on the weekends. Our sunshine has disappeared and it is supposed to start raining tonight. Maybe that will make it nice for graduation next weekend. I hope you have a nice Mother's Day too! Are any of your children close enough to spend the day with you?

I hope to sort out some more clothes tomorrow, do laundry, and general Saturday chores. I have got to get going on my spring cleaning even though it doesn't seem like spring. The furnace is running and we are back to wearing sweaters and sweatshirts. On Sunday, we are going to see Lord of the Dance with Beth.

Have a nice weekend, Flowers! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-11-2002, 09:45 AM   #3  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It is so windy and has been pouring rain ever since I got up around 6:15 this morning. The sun can come out any time!

Just thought I would peek in and see if there were any Flowers posting since I visited last.

Have a nice day -- stay dry!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-11-2002, 10:37 AM   #4  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

How is everyone doing? Don't ask about how I am on program. I am still trying though.

It is a busy day for me. I am going shopping. It won't be for a smaller size, but maybe it will be a motivator. Sometimes something new makes you feel better about yourself.

This evening we have the grandson of a friend of Bill's that is in from Missouri. He demonstrates new harvesting equipment. We are going to dinner. Italian I think. I will try to be good.

Jean, how many more days before you are off?

Maggie, you are doing so well!!!!!

Got to get.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:01 AM   #5  

Just a quick "good night" before I head off to bed . . . .

Sharon -- It's good to see you! Even if you have had a few "bad" days, at least you are still thinking OP and that is what counts. You will get back on track, I just know it! We have 5 actual so called class days left but only 1 of those will be on a "normal" schedule. One day includes an hour and a half awards assembly which is so boring to the underclassmen (teachers too!) but the admn. thinks it is a motivator (do I have news for them!), one day is a "day in the park" and I am hoping for thunderstorms which are predicted, one day has an assembly for student council elections, and Friday is the seniors' last day so they only have a half day and our schedule is rearranged so that the orchestra, band, and chorus can practice their part of the graduation ceremony with the seniors. No wonder we are behind! Our finals are spaced out over three and a half days with make-up time slots in each day. Those days are relaxing in that the students who have all assignments in and detentions made up can leave if they don't have a final scheduled. Our official last day is the 23rd. We had a staff meeting last week and it was announced that in two years, they will eliminate some of the upper level courses and we will go from an 8 period day to a 7 period day. I don't know why they are waiting two years because the budget crunch is on now. One of our math teachers is retiring and they are not replacing her; her class load is being spread out among the other math teachers and a science teacher. Also, in two years they are changing our church night to coincide with other towns in our sports calendar. But the best part of the whole meeting is that the students won't be able to carry their book bags to class anymore! With 600+ students in a building built for 350-400, it gets a little hairy in the hallways, not to mention dangerous. It is also a precaution against weapons, drugs, etc. The students will have a fit because they think they don't have time to run to their lockers between classes; we have 4 min. and I don't have time to go to the bathroom let alone go to a locker. One teacher suggested 5 min. in between classes when we go to 7 classes so we'll see. Whew! I gave you more than you ever wanted to know I'll bet!

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

G'night!
Old 05-12-2002, 10:17 AM   #6  
I will do it this time

Hi Jean, that was not too much information. Thanks for the support by the way. It has been a tough couple of weeks at work and I gave into it. Too tired to think or want to think.

Our schools last student day is June 14th. They go back on Aug. 28th or there abouts. I don't think they have the calendar in stone yet. We have a lot of teachers retiring this year. I doubt that they will replace all of them. They have been working on cost cutting for a while. We were doing okay, but the Business director prior to the one we have now was lazy and a yes man. So we are in some budget problems. The new guy is a good cruncher without a lot of soft spots for any of us. Not to sure if that is a good thing. I know we are all working our rears off. Partly because we are short 2 people in our office.

Have a great Mothers Day!! We are going to our daughters. My birthday was last Sunday and she wasn't in town, so today will be a combination birthday and Mothers Day party.

Bye!
Old 05-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Just thought I would drop by and wish all you FLOWERS a Happy Mother's Day!

It will be a quiet one here as yesterday was our second First Communion and party and we are partied out. It was a good day and not too hot but just right for everyone to be out on the deck at DD#1's house.
It doesn't seem possible but one week from today we will be off and running (driving)! We head for Dover, DE for the first night then to the Outerbanks for a week then on to DS's for Memorial Day weekend. The next week it will be Myrtle Beach, SC then back to Raleigh for another weekend and then we start for home via Baltimore, MD. It should be fun and I can hardly wait to see the GKs, expecially The newborn Catalina!
I will try to check out your posts from Raleigh but we will be busy so I don't know how much time I will have for the computer.

I will be back around the 10 th of June ! We have already been 'hired' to baby sit DD#2's dog, Moshup, for a week while they take their 2 kids to Orlando for vacation. They will be staying at the Universal Studios lot . It is a surprise for the kids!

JEAN You sure are going to be busy for the next few days. Your school gets out a lot earlier than schools around here. We get out mid June more like Sharon's school. DGS, Nick, in NC gets out and starts on your schedule.
Hope you can really enjoy your summer vacation!

SHARON HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you had a great day and have a great Mother's Day!

Well, I guess it is good that I will be away from the computer for a few weeks as I have developed a sore right wrist. I don't know if it is Carpal Tunnel or what (will see the DR tomorow) need to have it taken care of before we go away. DH says I will have withdrawal symptoms the first week!

Gloria in MA....enjoying the peace and quiet of a Sunday morning!
Old 05-12-2002, 01:35 PM   #8  

Happy Mother's Day, Flowers!
It is a gloomy and cold day but at least the rain has stopped! We are heading "west" in about an hour -- to see son, dil, and daughter! It's so nice they live close to each other!

Sharon -- We have had two secretaries quit at the central admn. office and they are not being replaced. With the increased enrollment, it makes one wonder how the work will get done. I guess it will be later rather than sooner. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you will get a double celebration today . . . enjoy!

Gloria -- I wish I could go on vacation with you! It sounds so much fun and I've never been to SC. We will expect a full report when you return. I hope you can check in while you are gone though. Then you won't have to write such a long report when you get back.

Maggie and Gail -- Where are you two?

Have a nice day and a FOCUSED OP week!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-12-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:06 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL MOTHERS

We just got back from my folks house. My brother and one of my sisters along with her husband were there and we had a great gab fest. Mother always leaves the salad dry now, since I have been requesting it, and puts out several bottles of dressing out for folks to have a choice ~ so I got to have it my way ~ dry. I filled my plate so full of salad (didn't use the salad plate provided ) I only had a little room enough for a tiny slice of meat, bit of potato and piece of a carrot and 4 inch piece of corn on the cob, which I don't butter. All in all I counted that as a 4 point meal. For I left the rolls and butter alone and didn't miss them at all. I didn't have any of the dessert which was strawberry shortcake - my sister alerted me to the fact that strawberries were loaded with sugar so I didn't even have any of those. I think I got away from there in good shape. After we got home I checked the avacados I have in a cupboard in a paper bag and a couple were real ripe so I made some guacamole to eat with some baked chips and a turkey sandwich later. That will still leave me a couple of points on this 25 point day for a couple of one point cookies with my coffee later on this evening while we watch a DVD. What a nice day it has turned out to be.

SHARON California schools always get out later than those back east. I think they also may get more time off during the year. Girlfriend at least you regained your FOCUSand are facing the right direction. You will get there if you keep facing that direction. Happy Birthday girlfriend. I am sure you will enjoy your day with your daughter.

GLORIA you are going to be going through and to some georgeous country. I know you will have a great time with that new grand baby. What joy ~ what fun.

JEAN that is terrible that they won't replace those two office workers ~ but seems like every where we look now days they are downsizing and not always where we think they should. Have a good visit with your loved ones.

Have a great weekend all you FLOWERS.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-12-2002 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:04 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Weigh In Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Hope everyone is having a good evening. I see I am the only one here today so far but I came to greet you and say my day went well and hope yours did also. The Iron Monster was kind to me once again and showed me down another 1.2 which brings me further down the road.

See ya all later.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:06 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am doing laundry which went by the wayside this weekend -- I don't know where the two days go but they seem to disappear fast!

Our trip to see Lord of the Dance was fun! Since Beth took dance lessons for 14 years, she knew the dance steps but the dancers danced much faster; it was fun to watch. The theater has been renovated and has fancy chandeliers, velvet wallpaper, the whole bit.

Maggie -- CONGRATULATIONS on another great loss! You are just doing super!

I hear the dryer buzzing so must get going. Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- 8 days until I am "free"!
Old 05-14-2002, 11:17 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It was another warm one here and the windows are still all open. We slept last night with them that way and may do so again tonight. I did an interesting thing today....switched my whole week around and made today my high day so we could have pizza. I am so glad I can do that and am not locked into a firm mold. I will end up doing a high low as before only on different days which will seem weird. It is good to shake things up now and then. I have changed days before but this time I totally changed the week. I will be eating the same amount of points as before which doesn't change when I do change days. I believe my body goes by what it had for the week and doesn't single out any certain day.

JEAN I am so glad you enjoyed that performance. I love to go to things like that. Maybe I will get to go to more of those type things now that I am out here ~ hopefully anyway.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:57 PM   #13  

Just peeking in for a quick "good night". We had a staff meeting this morning at 7:30 and another one tomorrow to vote on a new insurance package. None of the choices will cover same day surgery but have unlimited infertility coverage. Now what's wrong with that picture? I'm hoping I won't need to use any of it!

Maggie -- Good luck with your switch-er-roo! I know you will be a "loser" again next week! It was 74 here today and I opened windows when I got home from school. It's supposed to hit 40 tonight so have closed them again.

Have a wonderful Wednesday! It's the middle of the week already -- YIPPEEEEEEEEE!

Jean -- off to bed in Iowa!
Old 05-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
Our sun has disappeared and the clouds are beginning to build up -- we are supposed to get some rain tonight.

It's quiet in the flower patch today and I think I hear an echo!

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Another day with the bombers flying over ~ they drop fire ******ant on the fires that are roaring over the range. They pick it up in Santa Barbara and fly it over our heads to the fire. Hope they get it out soon ~ no it isn't near here.

JEAN vacation will be here soon for you! Are you going to be going away to a nice peaceful place? All that rain you are getting ~ are you getting webbed feet? Did you know that ducks voices don't make an echo? Now you know I know you aren't a duck because you heard an echo of your voice here.

Have a great evening everyone.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-15-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Closed Thread