Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #1  
Wanna B A Hot Mama!

S/C/G: 286/208/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Still Exercise with Fractured Foot????

Ok guys here's my deal...I've been doing cardio for 45 mins to an hour almost everyday for going on 2 years. Well I hurt my foot and had to go to the doc today, and found out that I have a fracture in it. So now I have to wear a boot for 4 weeks. There goes my treadmill, stairclimber, and elliptical.

Does anyone have any suggestions of exercises that I could do that would not put stress on my leg? Maybe something that would still keep me in the exercise routine? Some kind of upper body routine?

I just know that if I quit everything for a month that I'll have a tough time starting back, and I gain weight very easily.
butterfly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #2  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Try the rowing machine - that's what I use on my "arms" days. Though it still does involve a little bit of foot work, so I'm not positive. Some gyms have "hand bikes," so if you have that you could give it a try.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 AM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I think it would probably be a good idea to check with your doctor about any exercise. I also always want to try to exercise through injuries and I've learned the hard way that it can be a big mistake.

But if your doctor thinks it is okay, I think you could probably do upper body weight routines, either using the machines or free weights. You could find some workout routines on self.com or health.com. You also might be able to do things like push-ups or tricip dips holding your injured leg off the ground (or resting it on your uninjured leg), but you should definitely check with your doctor about this.

If you have crutches, hobbling around on them is definitely a good workout.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote